Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DJC_499

Excellent Torpedoes on Musashi

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

140
[FOG]
Members
378 posts
5,115 battles

I have previously noted seeing this, but this time thought I would provide photographic evidence of the great torpedoes on the Musashi…..Just look at how I used them to sink a CV....

 

Musashi Torpedo Kill.jpg

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
140
[FOG]
Members
378 posts
5,115 battles
Just now, torpsRus said:

Your photo still does not show the proof

Read the insert that notes the CV was destroyed by torpedo......by a Musashi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
140
[FOG]
Members
378 posts
5,115 battles

Here is a blow-up that may be easier to read...

Musashi Torpedo Kill Expanded.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,783 posts

Ahh thats better thanks some of us are old and cant see well.  LOL Death by TORP

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
140
[FOG]
Members
378 posts
5,115 battles
4 hours ago, CaptainKiwi_2016 said:

Musashi doesn't have torpedoes. Only Mutsu and Kii do.

That is the point of the absurdity of the result that I posted. Please note that it shows that I sunk the CV but the cause of the sinking was by torpedo....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
502 posts
5 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

That is the point of the absurdity of the result that I posted. Please note that it shows that I sunk the CV but the cause of the sinking was by torpedo....

.....which doesn't make sense. I wonder if it's just a weird glitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
140
[FOG]
Members
378 posts
5,115 battles
Just now, CaptainKiwi_2016 said:

.....which doesn't make sense. I wonder if it's just a weird glitch. 

Oddly I think that this result is, at least, the second time I have seen this occur with the Musashi. (I do not ever recall seeing it with any other non-torpedo-equipped ship.) I have wondered if this sinking was due to an underwater penetration from an AP round that entered sufficiently deeply below the waterline that it was interpreted as a torpedo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
502 posts
1 minute ago, DJC_499 said:

Oddly I think that this result is, at least, the second time I have seen this occur with the Musashi. (I do not ever recall seeing it with any other non-torpedo-equipped ship.) I have wondered if this sinking was due to an underwater penetration from an AP round that entered sufficiently deeply below the waterline that it was interpreted as a torpedo.

That could very well be, seeing that the shell went deep enough underwater. I haven't got any torpedo baring Battleships due to lack of funds (Though I would love Mutsu just to see if the torpedoes work or not) but I think it would be extremely rare for Mutsu, Kii, Tirpitz, Scharnhorst or even Gneisenau to torpedo an aircraft carrier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×