You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DJC_499

Excellent Torpedoes on Musashi

10 comments in this topic

[FOG]
Members
378 posts
5,115 battles

I have previously noted seeing this, but this time thought I would provide photographic evidence of the great torpedoes on the Musashi…..Just look at how I used them to sink a CV....

Musashi Torpedo Kill.jpg

• Funny 1

[FOG]
Members
378 posts
5,115 battles
Just now, torpsRus said:

Your photo still does not show the proof

Read the insert that notes the CV was destroyed by torpedo......by a Musashi

[FOG]
Members
378 posts
5,115 battles

Here is a blow-up that may be easier to read...

Musashi Torpedo Kill Expanded.jpg

Members
3,783 posts

Ahh thats better thanks some of us are old and cant see well.  LOL Death by TORP

• Cool 1

[FOG]
Members
378 posts
5,115 battles
4 hours ago, CaptainKiwi_2016 said:

Musashi doesn't have torpedoes. Only Mutsu and Kii do.

That is the point of the absurdity of the result that I posted. Please note that it shows that I sunk the CV but the cause of the sinking was by torpedo....

Members
502 posts
5 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

That is the point of the absurdity of the result that I posted. Please note that it shows that I sunk the CV but the cause of the sinking was by torpedo....

.....which doesn't make sense. I wonder if it's just a weird glitch. 

[FOG]
Members
378 posts
5,115 battles
Just now, CaptainKiwi_2016 said:

.....which doesn't make sense. I wonder if it's just a weird glitch. 

Oddly I think that this result is, at least, the second time I have seen this occur with the Musashi. (I do not ever recall seeing it with any other non-torpedo-equipped ship.) I have wondered if this sinking was due to an underwater penetration from an AP round that entered sufficiently deeply below the waterline that it was interpreted as a torpedo.

Members
502 posts
1 minute ago, DJC_499 said:

Oddly I think that this result is, at least, the second time I have seen this occur with the Musashi. (I do not ever recall seeing it with any other non-torpedo-equipped ship.) I have wondered if this sinking was due to an underwater penetration from an AP round that entered sufficiently deeply below the waterline that it was interpreted as a torpedo.

That could very well be, seeing that the shell went deep enough underwater. I haven't got any torpedo baring Battleships due to lack of funds (Though I would love Mutsu just to see if the torpedoes work or not) but I think it would be extremely rare for Mutsu, Kii, Tirpitz, Scharnhorst or even Gneisenau to torpedo an aircraft carrier.