Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

The New Narai and Raptor Rescue.

10 comments in this topic

[TBW]
Members
7,438 posts
13,600 battles

Place your thoughts and questions on Narai here.

My question is, has anyone made it on Narai? 5 tries 5 fails here.

Raptor Rescue 2 tries 1 fail, 1 five star. I do like the changes.

Helena is a beast in Narai however. I didn't try any other ships in it, seemed like a waste of time. It's either too hard right now or possibly, no one has a clue what to do yet.

shot-18_07.06_17_29.09-0258.thumb.jpg.90fa75b4169622c8f4ec179e50524d92.jpg

[WOLF5]
Members
691 posts
24,121 battles
7 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Place your thoughts and questions on Narai here.

My question is, has anyone made it on Narai? 5 tries 5 fails here.

Raptor Rescue 2 tries 1 fail, 1 five star. I do like the changes.

Helena is a beast in Narai however. I didn't try any other ships in it, seemed like a waste of time. It's either too hard right now or possibly, no one has a clue what to do yet.

shot-18_07.06_17_29.09-0258.thumb.jpg.90fa75b4169622c8f4ec179e50524d92.jpg

I've "won" Narai twice out of about 6 tries. One no star, one 2 star. I've only seen one 5 star replay and they had a great CV and got lucky with finding a bug in the op where their transports got delayed going into base so they were able to actually land. If all 4 transports go the normal way, it's a loss. If they split then you have a slim chance of covering them. Hitting the King CV is still problematic. 

[RLGN]
Members
10,099 posts
19,503 battles

How players were farming the original Narai boggles my mind; every run I made before (just five,) was a complete disaster.

It amazes me that WG can program the bots to dodge torps the Instant they’re launched, but can’t program ‘player’ bots to at least act like they have half that kind of smarts.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,863 battles

Raptor Rescue is probably too easy. The varying carrier route do add an element of unpredictability. 

Narai is much like the first upgrade to Ultimate Frontier -- way too hard. Last one we lost when the Iron Duke survived long enough to ram one of the troopships. So far no more than two stars despite massive damage games in Helena and Lyon. Frankly I think this is better with a BB, although I cant take Atlanta in so I cant tell. Did well in Helena but ultimately her reload is too slow. 

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,626 battles

Tried for TWO FREAKING HOURS on test server to get 3 stars, instead got 7 games of no stars... NO FREAKING STARS.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,193 posts
5,726 battles

A no star win seems to be just about as bad as a loss lol. Kinda like a draw where you didn't really win, but you didn't really lose either.

[VFW]
Members
1,168 posts
23,092 battles

Narai is a bit tougher this time around.   Got 5 stars after 3 tries.   The 3rd try, every player basically knew how to play as a team.   Like it when a plan comes together.  I used the Fiji.

vr,

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,499 posts
4,402 battles

At least Narai is coming back, so... yay?

[WORX]
Members
3,391 posts
14,753 battles

Operation Raptor is a cool change in routing will keep people on there toes for a bit until everything is figured out. Neri on the other hand, OMG that is the toughest Operation behind NAS Newport. Its not the waves of reds that make it hard, but

• You have 3 areas where you fleet of 7 splits off too.
  1. One to the south to get the convey
  2. One in the middle to sink the pesky MO
  3. And one in the north to catch the escaping KING CV escaping full speed

What seems cruel and hard to pass is the escaping KING CV up north that can escape completely off the map edge when confronted. Not to mention you have to somehow sink every ship in the cove now the southern fleet can meet up with the middle fleet, but the northern fleet are basically out of the fight as they rush to sink the red KING CV. 

For Neri I recommend

• Nothing but fast rapid fire AA defense cruisers with very fast top armor and so so tankyness.
  • A DD for going after the northern CV, Without a DD then task is danm near impossible .
  • BBs with fast reload times, fast top speed, and high caliber guns to delete ships fast.
  • CV spotting in this operation is critical for the win I do mean critical, IF you don;t have a competent CV driver then hope and pray you have enough radar to help spot for the whole 20 min of the match. This operation is not fun !!! lol 

This Operation is not the easiest. I would say its HAF lvl of frustration... But at least with these parameters you have a shot.

Edited by Navalpride33

Sign in to follow this