You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RustyOldFart

Finished Indianapolis Marathon today Finally

28 comments in this topic

Members
3,783 posts

Well it seemed like I was running a grind for a ship that I already owned but it still came with some good stuff.  Credit reimbursement for the ship port slot good score and a 6 point commander not too shabby.  But I got Indianapolis a long time ago lol.  So it was like the grind was pointless for me but still finished it off.  

shot-18.07.06_15.43.43-0063.jpg

[WOLF5]
Members
684 posts
23,955 battles

Just finished. Heard the sound that indicated a special award. Had to check the honor to heros to verify that I actually got the capt, slot and credits for the mission chain. The awards do NOT appear in your notifications nor anywhere in the port screen. They only appear in Honor to Heros. 

@Gneisenau013, you may want to put a bug in the devs to see if they can do a mini patch so that the Indy/Slot/Capt actually appear in the notifications otherwise I foresee alot of people putting in tickets claiming they didn't get the award. 

Members
3,783 posts

Honestly lol I'm not really that concerned about it. I got my in game credits worth.

Edited by torpsRus

Members
313 posts
5,378 battles

I don't think I am going to manage this one. I would have to get every remaining one left to manage it and the coming week I'm going to be too busy to play enough games. It will probably be the first I've missed though so I'm not too fussed. I've won the ship once before and didn't like it so I am only doing it because I'm a little bit retentive that way. :cap_yes: I would only sell the ship and I don't need the slot. I somehow have 35 free slots anyway and I swear I have only ever bought about 15 or so over the years.

Edited by Terkoz

[POP]
Members
37 posts
9,348 battles

Got the  Indianapolis today also. After all that effort is it really any better than the New Orleans available  in the regular Tech tree?? Seems the New Orleans is better on every metric. Am I missing something?

[STW-M]
Members
2,939 posts
6,987 battles

A nice bit of compensation for the salt of facing multiple CV fishing divisions today:

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 9.47.11 PM.png

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,388 posts
12,745 battles
36 minutes ago, roytwo said:

Got the  Indianapolis today also. After all that effort is it really any better than the New Orleans available  in the regular Tech tree?? Seems the New Orleans is better on every metric. Am I missing something?

you're not, the NOLA is the better ship.  What Indy brings is free camo, cheaper costs, more credits and the ability to train captains.  For a free to play player, that could be a big deal.  A 6 point captain might be a nice boost for some folks too.

[FML]
Members
2,462 posts
11,866 battles

Gont mine a few minutes ago. 

6 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

you're not, the NOLA is the better ship.  What Indy brings is free camo, cheaper costs, more credits and the ability to train captains.  For a free to play player, that could be a big deal.  A 6 point captain might be a nice boost for some folks too.

The Indi has radar - isnt that a key advantage?

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,388 posts
12,745 battles

I don't find it to be so.  It's better than the spotter plane, but I rarely find that it makes a huge difference, unlike Belfast radar.  She shoots too slow to really take advantage of it, and at T7, your teammates are often unable to take adequate advantage of it either.

[SC]
Alpha Tester
191 posts
6,354 battles

I feel like the guns on the Indy are better for some reason.  Get more cits with it then the NO.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I just got mine a few hours ago. I have officially Handed My Clan Commander spot to my #1 Friend and Outlaw.

The grind has made me reconsider The Time I spend in WoWs and will take a Break from the Insanity.

Fair Winds and Following Seas My Fellow Captains. 

[BSL]
Members
907 posts
15,312 battles
11 hours ago, h9k_a said:

Just finished. Heard the sound that indicated a special award. Had to check the honor to heros to verify that I actually got the capt, slot and credits for the mission chain. The awards do NOT appear in your notifications nor anywhere in the port screen. They only appear in Honor to Heros. 

@Gneisenau013, you may want to put a bug in the devs to see if they can do a mini patch so that the Indy/Slot/Capt actually appear in the notifications otherwise I foresee alot of people putting in tickets claiming they didn't get the award. 

Where is that?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,190 posts
6,652 battles
11 minutes ago, BearlyHereBear said:

Where is that?

Left hand side of the screen underneath all the mission advisories. 

Anyone who's not obsessive enough after completing requirements to actually LOOK IN THEIR PORT needs their eyes checked and possibly their head examined.

[BSL]
Members
907 posts
15,312 battles

Oh, the loot box.  Never knew the proper name.  It showed I was awarded yesterday, but not compensation amount.  Since I bought Helena yesterday, I didn't notice a change in credits.  Then again, I usually sit at 300 mil in credits, so I don't really pay attention to them.  And with 58 vacant port slots, I don't watch those either.

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
462 posts
4,614 battles

How many more missions are there to go? I started late and have only reached 18 of the 21, I don't think there enough left for me to get there.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,190 posts
6,652 battles
7 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

How many more missions are there to go? I started late and have only reached 18 of the 21, I don't think there enough left for me to get there.

Beginning Monday, you have four more. One of these isn't dependent on winning games, another requires only winning games with no other particulars ("Win six battles"), and a third requires only two fires and two citadels on a win with no requirement for either sinkings or survival. You should be able to make it with one to spare.

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
462 posts
4,614 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Beginning Monday, you have four more. One of these isn't dependent on winning games, another requires only winning games with no other particulars ("Win six battles"), and a third requires only two fires and two citadels on a win with no requirement for either sinkings or survival. You should be able to make it with one to spare.

Thank you, For some reason I thought there were only 2 missions left.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,190 posts
6,652 battles
2 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

Thank you, For some reason I thought there were only 2 missions left.

You're welcome. If you are counting the current weekend's missions (500K damage, win-sink-citadel) as two of the 18, it'll be close but doable (as above). If you haven't even completed those yet, then you have an even bigger buffer and two out of the three missions are independent of wins. To summarise, if you play in the evening as I do:

Monday-Tuesday: Sink a ship, damage 2 modules in a winning battle (survival is not a condition).

Wednesday-Thursday: Win six battles (neither surviving nor a particular level of achievement in game is a necessary condition, so this is just a grind-until-complete task - play enough games and you will get the six wins).

Friday-Sunday: 1) Set two fires and hit two citadels in a winning battle. No need to sink the ships, no need to survive. 2) Over any number of battles, get 500 ribbons. This includes main and secondary battery hits, planes shot down, caps taken, defended and shared, fires started, etc. etc. etc. It builds up quickly. Neither winning nor survival is required. 

Bear in mind not only what you have to do but what you do NOT have to do. That can make taking the right risks at the right time easier, so if you've already achieved the task and need to sacrifice your ship for the win (e.g. by ramming the last enemy ship or acting as a meatshield for a colleague), you're not screwing things up for yourself.

[4HIM]
Members
2,218 posts
6,515 battles

Congrats to those that have finished this.  I tried this, but after a while it just seemed to become a bit of a chore and made the game in-fun.  I have no idea how many I've completed or not completed.  It just stopped being worth the grind for me a while back.  

• Cool 1

Members
4,375 posts
7,091 battles

NVM - I need 8 more...   I did a bunch but in the last week or so I have only done a couple due to not being at the house and at my ILs (floors in our house being refinished).  In that time I completed a couple but only played like a few games over 2 days.  HOpe to get more played today or at least tonight.

Edited by CylonRed

[PIOJO]
Members
88 posts
9,510 battles

Over any number of battles, earn 500 ribbons.

This is one of the last missions. I would like to ask

if this is ONE ribbon or 164 ribbons... I stil dont get it!

5b46f071541e7_wowribbons.png.e2d0453b56160c1dd5b0d1469dafed07.png

Thank you for the help!

Edited by Go4U