Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cpt_Malcom_Reynolds

Mk 16 Mod 1 for Yueyang?

11 comments in this topic

Members
39 posts
1,833 battles

Since the ship is basically a Gearing clone besides the DW torps, are we going to see the fletcher like torps on the Yueyang?  Sure hope we do, I like a more agressive play style...

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,627 posts
25,304 battles

No. Pan-Asian has DW torps. Can't (and shouldn't) change the "flavor".

It's fine the way it is. If I want Fletcher or Gearing, I have both in port so no problem getting them out.

Members
39 posts
1,833 battles

You don't need the fletcher...  you now have its torps.  And I also know the Yueyang has dw torps.. I also have the Gearing, Z52, and Grozovoi.

Not sure why they "shouldn't", but you are entitled to your opinion...

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
1,816 posts
10,731 battles

I agree YueYang should have Chung Mu's DWT as an option like Gearing. But frankly I don't think they are better. Yes, shorter reload is always great. But the shorter range really doesn't work in T10. Fletcher torps actually hurt Gearing more than help her, since Gearing is really sluggish and has difficulty getting out of radar range once spotted.

I think Fletcher/Chung Mu getting Gearing/YueYang torps makes more sense in this radar infested meta.

[AAA]
Members
395 posts
5,158 battles

At first I was ecstatic to get the fletcher torps on the gearing. I hate the reload time. I get a fair amount of blind hits out of the fletch. Almost as soon as the torps reload I throw them unless I’m tracking a target. 

However the Gearing is clumsy in handling and slower. If I want fletcher torps I’ll run the fletcher which I do frequently. I love the long range gearing torps offer. 

Even if YY got Chung Mu dwt I wouldn’t use them because they are dwt. Fletcher gets hits on dds in smoke. YY needs long range to get to the ca and bb lines

[DAY]
[DAY]
Members
20 posts
5,821 battles

So you want Chungmu torp on Yueyang ya? Interesting.

Second, 13.5 is just enough for TX battle. 10.5km torp can hardly hit any opponent running away. 16.5km Gearing torp is the only functional long range torp in game, 13.5 is the little bit short than that but still long enough, I don't think replacing the range advantage with the reload which Z-52 is still better that fletcher.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:47 PM, Cpt_Malcom_Reynolds said:

a Gearing clone

Nope it is a Sumner class DD . 

:Smile_honoring: 

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,457 battles
On 7/6/2018 at 8:46 PM, Cpt_Malcom_Reynolds said:

You don't need the fletcher...  you now have its torps.  And I also know the Yueyang has dw torps.. I also have the Gearing, Z52, and Grozovoi.

Not sure why they "shouldn't", but you are entitled to your opinion...

They shouldnt because if they did there wouldnt be any difference in ships. And you already said it in your own words "you dont need the fletcher... you now have its torps" suggesting he could sell it and only keep the Gearing because with Gearing now having Fletcher torps, it fills that roll so no point in having Fletcher. 

Whats the point of grinding different boats and researching different play styles, captain builds, ship builds...etc if every boat is the same within its class. Variety is a good thing.

Edited by smf117

Members
39 posts
1,833 battles

The torps are different and the consumables are different.  The flexability in choice in the Gearing should be mirrored in the Yueyang.

Edited by Cpt_Malcom_Reynolds

[FAE]
Members
2,120 posts
2,507 battles

Is YY as clumsy as Gearing? 

[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
1,721 posts
2,551 battles
Just now, BlailBlerg said:

Is YY as clumsy as Gearing? 

Yue Yang sits a little lower in the water when compared to Gearing. This makes Yue Yang a harder target to hit when compared, again, to Gearing. But I can’t answer the maneuverability question as I don’t play Gearing or Yue Yang.  

Sign in to follow this