You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
panther4deuce

It rears its ugly head

17 comments in this topic

[DJLSC]
Members
18 posts
1,508 battles

I have been plating World of Tanks on console for several years. I have seen trolls, being trolls, and have been trolled. I started playing World of Warships recently. I have seen the trolls rise up and show their vile faces. I was playing a game the other night and I started taking fire. One of my teammates decided that it would be a good idea to fire at me. He took away half of my hit points before I even had a chance to fire at the enemy. I did pretty good in the rest of the match and survived. The last I saw of the turd his ship was gone. Other than the opportunity to be an a_____e why do these people play?  What is the penalty for damaging a team member? This is not to meant to condemn players who accidentally cause damage to their team mates, but to find out what the penalty is for the turds.

• Cool 2

[SOFOP]
Members
774 posts
6,900 battles

If they continue to cause damage to friendlies, they will get penalized by being forced into co-op matches only for a time.  I would assume if you are constantly getting this penalty, they will probably address it more severe at some point.

Its a PVP game and PvP games always have their idiots.  Best thing to do is just move on.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,081 posts
6,263 battles

Low tier is low tier. Keep on playing and eventually team killing related things happen less often. Typically Tier VI+

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
587 posts
16,619 battles
13 minutes ago, panther4deuce said:

What is the penalty for damaging a team member? This is not to meant to condemn players who accidentally cause damage to their team mates, but to find out what the penalty is for the turds.

Here is link to the current unsporting conduct system:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/anti-abuse-system/

Edited by HamptonRoads

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,417 posts
10,935 battles

We do have our fair share of trolls but it is no where near as bad as it is in WoT. When you do run into one of them grit your teeth and don't fire back.

[WOLF5]
Members
349 posts
6,589 battles

I am not sure what it is but all the online games I have played in always have players who derive entertainment for themselves by making their own team fail.  Depending on the game developers, this can make or break the game.

WoWS is pretty good with their system of pink ships and orange ships, trolls have minimum impact on the game as far as I can tell.  After that player who shot you turns pink, any other friendly fire he cause will damage him instead.

Most trolls quit after sinking themselves.

• Cool 1

Members
433 posts
33 minutes ago, panther4deuce said:

I have been plating World of Tanks on console for several years. I have seen trolls, being trolls, and have been trolled. I started playing World of Warships recently. I have seen the trolls rise up and show their vile faces. I was playing a game the other night and I started taking fire. One of my teammates decided that it would be a good idea to fire at me. He took away half of my hit points before I even had a chance to fire at the enemy. I did pretty good in the rest of the match and survived. The last I saw of the turd his ship was gone. Other than the opportunity to be an a_____e why do these people play?  What is the penalty for damaging a team member? This is not to meant to condemn players who accidentally cause damage to their team mates, but to find out what the penalty is for the turds.

If you're the guy in tier 2 co-op the other night that sailed in between my Mikasa and an enemy it was firing at I apologize. I nearly sank someone the other night that did that. I don't think he understood the consequences.

Edited by MrSparkle
  • Funny 1

Members
3,783 posts
1 hour ago, panther4deuce said:

Think Pink GIF - ThinkPink GIFs

Members
2,099 posts
5,766 battles
1 hour ago, panther4deuce said:

Team killing is a thing, but to be honest, team killers don't tend to last long in this game. Things are far far better than before the new TK system was introduced back in 2016 and it really is rare to run into an honest to god TK which starts firing on your ship anymore.  My understanding that a player who consistently TK's eventually gets suspended or, if they continue, banished from the game. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

Only got fired upon by my teammate deliberately once in over  750 random games he actualy torped me point blank. BB next to us point blank salvoed him into oblivion. We moved on and won the game lol.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,475 posts
3,895 battles
1 hour ago, MrSparkle said:

If you're the guy in tier 2 co-op the other night that sailed in between my Mikasa and an enemy it was firing at I apologize. I nearly sank someone the other night that did that. I don't think he understood the consequences.

Secondaries don't damage allies and cannot incur friendly fire penalties, so you have nothing to fear from this unless you fire the mains.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

Members
433 posts
14 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Secondaries don't damage allies and cannot incur friendly fire penalties, so you have nothing to fear from this unless you fire the mains.

Since when? Or has it always been like that and I just never noticed because nobody ever gets in the way like that.

[WOLF6]
[WOLF6]
Members
83 posts
2,740 battles

In the roughly 18 months that I've been playing I've only seen 2 intentional team kills. I've been guilty of a TK now and then due to a teammate not paying attention, one of them went and blocked 4 torps from hitting a BB they(the torps) were just about to hit. I think he was fixated on the BB kill and wasn't paying attention. Thing is, it wasn't a long range shot (less than 1 km) when he ran between us.  Oops...With that distance I never figured someone would run in the way of the torps...:cap_wander:

[RKLES]
Members
8,930 posts
10,828 battles

I have seen rare occurrences where some trolls appear that kill players intentionally, but they only last short time and you stop seeing such incidents in less that 2 weeks or month at the most since Wargaming Moderators will perma ban TK trolls.

Back innearly 2017 I saw a lot more TKing and then Wargaming cracked down heavily on such acts and they vanished. Saw some of it more recently and then have not seen them around anymore. WOWs playerbase for the most part is pleasant enough to be honest, big change from WOT.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles

ITT: An introduction to the Internet. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,475 posts
3,895 battles
5 hours ago, MrSparkle said:

Since when? Or has it always been like that and I just never noticed because nobody ever gets in the way like that.

For at least a year.