You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
deresistance

Ask Me Anything - Long time player

91 comments in this topic

[RMRGD]
Members
345 posts
18,523 battles

Trying sometime different.   Doing a AMA thread.   Been playing since open beta.  I have 13,000+ random battles, 1500+ ranked battles.    I been in 1 season of Supremacy league and did a season of clan battles.  I play everything but stay away from CVs for the most part.   I have just about every premium ship in the game.    My stats reflect the more difficult ships are my favorite.   My damage and WR is typically super unicum - unicum give or take.   Stats here https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1001848343,deresistance/ 

I don't really care about stats to much but a lot ask for them.   I do have Flint/Blank as I have ranked out 5 times.       So lets see where this goes.   New players with new questions ask away.   the game is dramatically different from when it was first released. 

1001848343.png

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

What are your thoughts on the current state of the game overall?

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,076 posts
6,263 battles

Kirk or Picard or The Resistance?

Edited by Vangm94
  • Funny 1

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,436 posts
20,975 battles

When are you quitting this game ? 

• Funny 1

[RMRGD]
Members
345 posts
18,523 battles
1 minute ago, Madwolf05 said:

What are your thoughts on the current state of the game overall?

I think it is still very strong.  the number of releases of ships is great.  I think WG is taking a LOT more player feedback then ever before.     Some cons will be CV rework.   I want WG to take time to get it right.  If they don't the community will go nuts.    But its been long awaited.    Radar is a big issue.  I personally don't have a problem with it.  There is a ton of it.  But I think a blanket little increase in torp ranges needs to happen to help balance the radar meta.    This may shock some but I think players are more respectful now then before.   I do play on NA server and random hours.  I do feel there is less salt then say a year ago. 

Just now, NeutralState said:

Are you lonely?

Nope.   I am working on some long running items and Ill task switch to forums etc.    Being around a long time, playing ships like the black, a lot of players ask me a ton of questions.    Just goes with the game.

• Cool 3

[RMRGD]
Members
345 posts
18,523 battles
1 minute ago, Vangm94 said:

Jean-Luc for sure for a captain.   But the Shatner always has a special place LOL

1 minute ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

When are you quitting this game ? 

I almost quit once.  Took a 30 day or so break.   But always keep coming back.   "Shooty boats" is an abusive relationship lol.    The update in content keeps me coming back.   I like the more thought out strategy to it rather then a more faster pace gameplay.    Given I was heavy into ladders in the Tribes/Tribes 2/CS/Star Craft days

1 minute ago, awiggin said:

Who's your favorite smurf?

Grouchy for sure

• Cool 1

[RMRGD]
Members
345 posts
18,523 battles
1 minute ago, AspiringCodger said:

Why can you sometimes see the moon in the middle of the day?

Nope live in the city.    Lucky to see a few stars

2 minutes ago, XX_Emeraldking_XX said:

Will Tone or Kitakami ever return?

WG never lets any model go to waste.    They will slap a paint job on it and sell it.   Ashitaka -- that A hull Amagi lol

2 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?  Do you like movies about gladiators?

image.png.6dfab148181a8cdbea604c99f6dc151e.png

[RMRGD]
Members
345 posts
18,523 battles
Just now, Old_Baldy_One said:

Will you buy me a Massachusetts?  I need a credit printer badly!  :)

Already did and hold the current most dmg on the NA servers in her =)      She feels like the Republic to me with the awesome secondaries.   She replaced my tirp/bismark for sure.     I have a 4 secondary kill game with her.    It would have been 5 but a fire burnt the ship down first.  Kraken in just secondaries is my goal.   

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
16 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Kirk of course! Picard's a wimp.

Kirk.thumb.jpg.3e43d572960591ca90d5b493ca38d46f.jpg

Edited by ReddNekk

[SOFOP]
Members
769 posts
6,881 battles

What I see when Mass comes around a corner:

spartan.gif

The best secondary ship I have ATM is the NC.  Grinding toward the Bismark, but after buying the Des Moines (first TX ship), I'm flat broke.  Someday I'll blot out the sun!

[RMRGD]
Members
345 posts
18,523 battles
2 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

What I see when Mass comes around a corner:

spartan.gif

The best secondary ship I have ATM is the NC.  Grinding toward the Bismark, but after buying the Des Moines (first TX ship), I'm flat broke.  Someday I'll blot out the sun!

Since I play a lot of premium ships.. I wish i could give you credits man.  I can't spend it fast enough.     Des Moines is VERY worth it.   I would sell my ships as I got higher level.   If you can get a premium account it will help.   but a premium ship you love will print credits.   Honestly a tier 8+ will be best for it.  Unless you are sitting on a crap load of freeXP.  

image.thumb.png.b9ccdaafe92a92184bb98f88d9e7212d.png

I sent this reply to Notser.    81,000 dmg in secondaries.    My build is a full secondaries build with IFHE.  She is a monster.

[INTEL]
Members
7,069 posts
28,928 battles

Are the Borg more villainous than the Romulans?

[O_O]
Members
5,020 posts
11,288 battles

When I play a game, my team mates are green and the enemy is red.  BUT, the enemy says THEY are green and I am red.  I have gotten into raging arguments in chat about this. 

Who is right?

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,802 battles
32 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?  Do you like movies about gladiators?

Don't call me Shirley.

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,802 battles

Seriously though; if a dog lived healthy for 80 years, would it know that it was a very fortunate freak of nature or would it keep licking its own balls and eating poop right to the end?

• Funny 1

[RMRGD]
Members
345 posts
18,523 battles
10 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Are the Borg more villainous than the Romulans?

Borg are way worse.   Kirk was wrong.  You can never trust a Romulan

6 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

When I play a game, my team mates are green and the enemy is red.  BUT, the enemy says THEY are green and I am red.  I have gotten into raging arguments in chat about this. 

Who is right?

Just tell them "Fire...  BAD"

5 minutes ago, BullHalsey said:

Don't call me Shirley.

image.png.fc94c76739c0c7325020e018dfc366ba.png

1 minute ago, BullHalsey said:

Seriously though; if a dog lived healthy for 80 years, would it know that it was a very fortunate freak of nature or would it keep licking its own balls and eating poop right to the end?

Id totally be ok if dogs licked their own balls for 80 years.     Outliving your dogs is the worst thing in the world.   Man's best friend doesn't even come close to describing a dog.

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,802 battles
1 minute ago, deresistance said:

Borg are way worse.   Kirk was wrong.  You can never trust a Romulan

Just tell them "Fire...  BAD"

image.png.fc94c76739c0c7325020e018dfc366ba.png

Id totally be ok if dogs licked their own balls for 80 years.     Outliving your dogs is the worst thing in the world.   Man's best friend doesn't even come close to describing a dog.

It would be great either way yes, but I think the likelihood of any higher dog consciousness wouldn't be too high.  I do wonder what a cloned dog would be like, raised by the same person in the same environment.  I'll wager you'd end up with essentially the same dog again if it were done properly.