You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SGTST1

Accelerater Torp Reload Unique for Shima

13 comments in this topic

[AOD_B]
Members
12 posts
7,067 battles

I just got the Unique Torp Accelerater for my Shima In game you may load faster but the time it tack you  to target a ship or move to target a some thing else is to long. I you come up to a ship it is hard to target it. If you run into a DD it is very hard to use your torps on it. The -80% to the torp  Traverse Speed is so bad that it makes the mode unusable. For me my be some one can come up in a way to use it? 

[INTEL]
Members
7,063 posts
28,893 battles

That's why Flamu classified that Legendary Module as garbage to avoid.

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
15,537 battles

Yes, the Legendary Modules come with significant bonuses, but equally significant (or worse) drawbacks.  You have to make a choice as to whether you gain more than you lose with them, and whether they fit your playstyle.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts

there is only a few ships that the legendary upgrades are worth it

several you tubers have made reviews on them

[CUTER]
Members
2,437 posts
11,266 battles

Most of the mods are trash.

Shima was semi useful, but forced you to play further at range.  At close range I'm almost always shooting and not bothering with torps any ways.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
384 posts
10,048 battles

Tried out the module for about 30-40 games,  its okay  the tube turn speed feels like how shima guns used to turn before they got buffed so if you played gunboat shimakaze back then you should know the tricks on what to do.

And if you haven't here some tips

Highly recommend running the ASM1 module with it so your only taking a 60% drawback and get used to prelocking your tubes to a bearing (Ctrl-X by default if I remember correctly) that you want them pointed to ahead of time

Beta Testers
1,937 posts
10,762 battles
On 7/6/2018 at 9:09 PM, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Most of the mods are trash.

Shima was semi useful, but forced you to play further at range.  At close range I'm almost always shooting and not bothering with torps any ways.

It's almost like WG is encouraging long range torp spam that they claimed to discourage. ?

[WOLFK]
[WOLFK]
Members
116 posts
13,753 battles
On 7/6/2018 at 2:04 PM, SGTST1 said:

I just got the Unique Torp Accelerater for my Shima In game you may load faster but the time it tack you  to target a ship or move to target a some thing else is to long. I you come up to a ship it is hard to target it. If you run into a DD it is very hard to use your torps on it. The -80% to the torp  Traverse Speed is so bad that it makes the mode unusable. For me my be some one can come up in a way to use it? 

I'm finding that the play style changes in that for one to be effective with the upgrade one has to be more deliberate and maintain situational awareness.   I still play in close with the mod but like the guns, getting in the habit of getting the tubes pointing in the direction you expect trouble before you find it.   So for me I do a lot of DD spotting/hunting but I'm not looking to engage.. find and maybe get them to shoot so others can target.   In this role the upgrade has no negative impact.   Having the 90ish sec reload makes me feel like I'm able to finish a target that has Damaged Controlled a previous strike or just feeling like being back on the hunt quicker after dropping a set.   I will say if one is going to run this upgrade, then I feel the RDF captain skill becomes essential, back to that need to maintain situational awareness and not get surprised.    Still much more play ahead to refine the thoughts but so far, for me at least, the upgrade is effective.   Just have to keep in mind the change means one can't keep doing the same thing in the same way.

Beta Testers
1,488 posts
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:55 AM, chewonit said:

It's almost like WG is encouraging long range torp spam that they claimed to discourage. ?

They already made those torps useless and pointless with 2.5km detect range. Giving shima the ability to fire them faster literally changes nothing other than even more amused red ships.

Meanwhile, the entire soviet DD line is getting a massive buff to their guns coming soon. Bias stronk komrade.