You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ThatSinkingFeeling

Still hearing Halloween evil laugh

9 comments in this topic

Members
128 posts
13,443 battles

OK, this has been going on for some time (obviously) - before now I didn't say anything because

a) nobody else I asked in chat ever heard the same thing, and

b) my PC was in such a technological shambles I assumed it was just that I needed to reinstall the game, which due to the time it took, I didn't want to do.  And everything else worked fine, anyway.

But on July 4th I did a complete - I mean COMPLETE - PC upgrade.  New case, new SSD (first one I ever used) ... only thing swapped over was the CPU and memory to a new motherboard.  So I had to reinstall the game from scratch - and for one thing, I never had the separate window from which I launched the game remain available, which is nice.  But the point is, this is a complete new game install on a complete new  Windows install on a brand new hard drive.

Yet today I fired the game up, went into battle, and when I got to the screen listing battle participants - I hear, like always, the evil laugh that accompanied last Halloween's event.   the deep, throaty, evil laugh mixed in with the other game sound effects.

So now I'm asking - does anybody else ever hear this?  Previously I heard it before EVERY battle - from the end of last October through July 3rd.  I had hoped it was gone, but clearly it is not.  What gives?

[ZR]
Members
984 posts
12,146 battles
11 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I think your CPU is haunted.

Agreed.  You need an exorcist.  

[DAKI]
Privateers, Supertester
826 posts
4,644 battles

I can't say I've heard this before but if I can think of anything I'll let you know.

Just one thought though, perhaps try checking your options to see if you edited a voice over effect?

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,066 posts
6,263 battles

There is just this sinking feeling of hopelessness when you hear that evil laugh

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,383 posts
15,162 battles

@ThatSinkingFeeling Nope! But after taking a Citadel Hit I hear bells and see stars for several seconds. Sometimes even circling tweety birds!