Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

NA Sever Belfast Day - 5 August

13 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,528 posts

According to the IWM, the HMS Belfast was commissioned into the Royal Navy on 5 August 1939. 

Spoiler

default.jpg

So I propose 5 August be considered Belfast Day on all the servers if possible, but at least here, on our server. 

WoWS/WG could make it out like a Corgi battle... those with Belfast got X for Y, those against the Belfasts would get X for Y or even Z. You get the drift, right? 

It might actually be a good thing to kick into gear for every premium (of a real ship) to celebrate it's official day of commission. 

So just to start it off, we use the Belfast. 

Whatcha think? tiafyc

Note: I believe we missed the first birthday party:

https://www.iwm.org.uk/history/hms-belfast-80-rum-gunfire-and-birthday-cake

Spoiler

WEB-2-General-View-of-HMS-Belfast-Lit-up

Edited by Herr_Reitz
  • Cool 2

Alpha Tester
2,232 posts

No need to hide it.

Absolutely beautiful. I'm so bloody lucky to have won her from a supercontainer.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,192 battles
28 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Glad I didn't turn mine in like many others. :cap_like:She's a keeper. 

Not to start a riot but I don't understand why anyone would turn her or the Kutuzov back in for doubloons. Both are great ships even with the nerf to smoke firing.. 

[LEGIT]
Members
1,682 posts
24,541 battles
8 hours ago, Wolcott said:

No need to hide it.

Absolutely beautiful. I'm so bloody lucky to have won her from a supercontainer.

OMG it's Hallowe'en themed already!

[WOLF3]
Members
19,332 posts
17,670 battles
8 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Not to start a riot but I don't understand why anyone would turn her or the Kutuzov back in for doubloons. Both are great ships even with the nerf to smoke firing.. 

Because those guys were are idiots.  Only difference is that Belfast, Kutuzov can't position as aggressively close anymore.  Not like Kutuzov needed to worry, she's traditionally a ranged spammer anyways.

• Funny 1

[-BRS-]
Beta Testers
146 posts
8,046 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Because those guys were are idiots.  Only difference is that Belfast, Kutuzov can't position as aggressively close anymore.  Not like Kutuzov needed to worry, she's traditionally a ranged spammer anyways.

If you don't enjoy playing a ranged light cruiser HE spammer, the most OP ship is nothing more than a port queen.  A friend of mine was in that position and turned his in knowing exactly what he was doing. 

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,528 posts
57 minutes ago, Tibson said:

If you don't enjoy playing a ranged light cruiser HE spammer, the most OP ship is nothing more than a port queen.  A friend of mine was in that position and turned his in knowing exactly what he was doing. 

Why did he purchase her in the first place? Or was it a gift or SC ship? 

SO guys... what do you think about Premium Ship Days? You know, one 24 hour period for each premium ship's commissioning day / date of acceptance into their respective navy? 

Paper premiums could have a different date, say the date they went up for sale in game? Just something to celebrate the history of most ships, the almost history for others. 

[-BRS-]
Beta Testers
146 posts
8,046 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Why did he purchase her in the first place? Or was it a gift or SC ship? 

He bought it when it first came out.  He doesn't really play much anymore and when he does, prefers the slower pace of BBs.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
On 06/07/2018 at 11:35 PM, Taylor3006 said:

With that range and island firing ability I often find I'm not even using my smoke on Kutuzov at times. I recently took Kutuzov out after over a year of not playing in it (I still only have 10ish games in it)....

OMG. Who would trade that premium in for Dubs? 11 point captain, ship barely played, and I rang up a 94k, followed by a 142k game. People be crazy man!

I also have Belfast and the other ship they offered a refund on, Perth.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,480 posts
6,103 battles

I really wanted to buy Belfast because I really enjoyed visiting her in London.   There’s a picture of me standing in front of her A turret,  hanging on the wall 5’ from where I play ships.

.... but I really hate the playstyle and would never play her, so I couldn’t justify it.

I had a similar quandary with Kidd... but I don’t play destroyers.  So a lot of money for something I’d never use.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,480 posts
6,103 battles
On 7/6/2018 at 10:35 PM, Taylor3006 said:

I got my Kutuzov free in a crate.   Played a few times.  Hated the play style.   Sold it and used the doubloons to buy the Missouri.

Glad with the trade at the time.   Super glad now that Missouri has been withdrawn.

Sign in to follow this