You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

Would you like to see Statistics for Operations?

Would you like to see Statistics for Operations?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Well would you?

• I play Operations and it sure would be nice. (YES)
    • I play Operations and could not care less to see the Statistics. (NO)
    • I do not play Operations, so it doesn't matter.
    • Bacon (Also a YES)

18 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
10,317 posts
6,746 battles
12 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I would love to see statistics for the Operations.

Which statistics would you like to see, and what benefit do you hope to derive?

I remember a scene from a Doctor Who episode in which a terribly misguided scientist stepped into a vortex that promised infinite knowledge. "At last I will know EVERYTHING!" he said triumphantly, but they were his last words before he died screaming. The infinity of knowledge overwhelmed him.

[TBW]
Members
7,435 posts
13,599 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Which statistics would you like to see, and what benefit do you hope to derive?

The same statistics as Random, Co op, and Ranked. Then the statistic sights could add Operations to their agenda.

Knowing everything didn't work out too bad for The Highlander.

[FACT]
Members
402 posts
3,956 battles

No.

Same goes for Co-op, Random, and Ranked. Do away with them all.

IMO, stats simply create a caustic environment and shaming.

Just play the game.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,317 posts
6,746 battles
8 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Knowing everything didn't work out too bad for The Highlander.

It carries the burden of knowing the location, length, appearance and mass of every hair on Donald Trump's rear end. Which, even if you like the man, probably isn't something you really want to know. Imagine having it all, but not living long enough to sort through the mundane and get to the true mysteries - or even think about their meaning and implications.

Alpha Tester
2,232 posts

Yes, but only to keep track of the number of battles played in operations. No win rate.

[PVE]
Members
677 posts
5,719 battles

The only stats I would want to see is the last screen with the XP earning so I can see how my flags worked out for me. That goes for random, ranked, etc as well.

If the second and third post game screens went away, I wouldn't miss them.

[-PVE-]
Members
181 posts
10,780 battles

The operations are so different from one another that stats would be of little use. I find the stats free environment of operations refreshing. Of course, I do like them and find them useful for other types of play.

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

the last thing we need in operations is the infighting that comes with stats. it's supposed to be a cooperative mode. the lack of stats is for the better.

[TBW]
Members
7,435 posts
13,599 battles
1 hour ago, lewellenfawr said:

The operations are so different from one another that stats would be of little use. I find the stats free environment of operations refreshing. Of course, I do like them and find them useful for other types of play.

It could be stats for each scenario, there are not that many.

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Modder
576 posts
2,725 battles

Everyone and their dog is out grinding their tier 8 suitable cruisers, that's for sure, and then for the insane amount of credits and free xp if you have flags on. I get it though, why play randoms when you can have repeatedly awesome wins in Cherry Blossom.

Alpha Tester
2,232 posts
8 hours ago, Krautjaeger said:

Everyone and their dog is out grinding their tier 8 suitable cruisers, that's for sure, and then for the insane amount of credits and free xp if you have flags on. I get it though, why play randoms when you can have repeatedly awesome wins in Cherry Blossom.

I don't expect WG to keep Cherry Blossom permanently for that very reason. So enjoy it while it lasts.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,192 battles

Not sure I care about the statistics for OPs, but would like to see them counted as games played for the annual WG Birthday awards. The actual statistics of the matches seem irrelevant to me, only the number of stars achieved matters. 

[PVE]
Members
176 posts
5,379 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Not sure I care about the statistics for OPs, but would like to see them counted as games played for the annual WG Birthday awards.

Operations are included in the total battles displayed here on the forum, so they might count them.

14 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Then the statistic sights could add Operations to their agenda.

That 'agenda' includes providing stat-shamers with ammunition. No thanks.

Operations were meant to be a fun, relaxing diversion.  Stat tracking would not enhance that in any way.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,192 battles
21 minutes ago, Amaruk said:

Operations are included in the total battles displayed here on the forum, so they might count them.

When they first offered up the OPs, a few of us checked to see if they counted in the battles fought in your stats and they don't, or at least they didn't. Not sure where the forum stats are farmed from, haven't checked them against the "normal" stats kept on the WoWS website. They may have changed it since then, we are talking a year ago or so when OPs first came out. I haven't seen anyone talk about them changing it though. 

Members
3,196 posts
3,521 battles
Spoiler

1206166479990.jpg

You can't use bacon as another yes. That's against the rules, that I just made up.