Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

A suggestion for background music

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles

I think it would be cool to be able to play period music during battles, songs from all nations that were produced during the war. In between songs there could be news flashes where radio clips from news agencies reporting on impotent events of the war would be played. It would add to the immersions factor, I don't know if it would be possible or not. They had a mod for silent hunter 4 that did this and it added a lot to the simulation experience in my opinion.

I think it would be cool to have authentic ship sounds in the game meaning at the start of the battle you would hear the call over the 1MC Attention all hands, man your battle stations, this is not a drill, then hear the GQ alarm for 10 seconds. When hitting the damage control party you would hear over the 1MC, damage control parties to frame 192, etc. I think that would lead to a more immersive experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
217
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
462 posts
4,614 battles

That is a very cool idea, i would probably listen to the in game music if it had that.

Sirius radio has a 40's station that plays war years music, i listen to that occasionally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[BNKR]
Members
460 posts
2,887 battles

Just find a 1940s playlist on You Tube, maybe some Glenn Miller, even the Fallout 4 soundtrack works in a pinch.

I listen to funky chillhop like Gramatik,  myself, but 40s tunes would be cool. Might try that tonight. :cap_yes:

Edited by MajorEnglush

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,783 posts

I think wed all get tired of listening to stuff like this.  You can only take so much of Glen Miller, The Andrews Sisters and others.

 

Edited by torpsRus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
217
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
462 posts
4,614 battles
25 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I think it would be cool to be able to play period music during battles, songs from all nations that were produced during the war. In between songs there could be news flashes where radio clips from news agencies reporting on impotent events of the war would be played. It would add to the immersions factor, I don't know if it would be possible or not. They had a mod for silent hunter 4 that did this and it added a lot to the simulation experience in my opinion.

I think it would be cool to have authentic ship sounds in the game meaning at the start of the battle you would hear the call over the 1MC Attention all hands, man your battle stations, this is not a drill, then hear the GQ alarm for 10 seconds. When hitting the damage control party you would hear over the 1MC, damage control parties to frame 192, etc. I think that would lead to a more immersive experience. 

I spent many a day on the bridge of the Eisenhower (CVN69) as Boatswainsmate of the watch, I remember calling the ship to battle stations on many occasions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
15 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

 

ROFLMAO...does this qualify as a left field suggestion hehehehehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
14 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

I spent many a day on the bridge of the Eisenhower (CVN69) as Boatswainsmate of the watch, I remember calling the ship to battle stations on many occasions. 

I used to get such an Adrenalin rush from GQ drills. I would love to hear the 1MC again, even boatswainsmate whistles and calls over the 1MC in game would be cool. Hear the whistle and the call, the smoking lamp is out.....I can't remember the rest of the call. It is funny how as we get older our memories of past things become fonder. I miss the Navy, I miss my ship still after 30 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,783 posts
6 minutes ago, Belthorian said:
22 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

 

ROFLMAO...does this qualify as a left field suggestion hehehehehe

Its actually a good suggestion.  But the only problem I have with it is like I said.  I don't think I want to spend hours of my day listening to the music.  I would immediately turning it off.  I spent many many years here in my town volunteering at the flight museum with WW2 Aircraft and yea that stuff was on on a daily and hourly basis on repeat.  I don't think I want to hear it in a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
Just now, torpsRus said:

Its actually a good suggestion.  But the only problem I have with it is like I said.  I don't think I want to spend hours of my day listening to the music.  I would immediately turning it off.  I spent many many years here in my town volunteering at the flight museum with WW2 Aircraft and yea that stuff was on on a daily and hourly basis on repeat.  I don't think I want to hear it in a game.

lol I bet when you were working there after a certain period of time you tuned it right out. What kind of aircraft did they have there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,783 posts
Just now, Belthorian said:

lol I bet when you were working there after a certain period of time you tuned it right out. What kind of aircraft did they have there?

Sorry but I'm going to have to say NO and a Big NO to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[IND8]
Members
70 posts
1,535 battles

That's a pretty cool idea. I don't think I would personally use it all that much, not my favorite type of music. But I can see it being a popular addition for most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×