You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
blimp66

Constant crashing in port

6 comments in this topic

Members
25 posts
15,870 battles

Has anyone else had the game crash while just sitting in port?   I finish a battle and sit in port for a few minutes while attending to something else, and when I come back the game has crashed (black screen) and I have to use task manager to turn the game off (task manager says "world of warships not responding") to regain control of my pc.  This has been happening consistently for the past 2 months, and only with this application (doesn't happen with world of tanks).  Tried game fix, no success.  Any ideas?

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
462 posts
4,614 battles

I had a similar problem, I found that when my computer turned off the monitor it caused problems with the game. 

Simple fix, go to settings and set monitor shut down for 1 hour plus or off completely.

Community Department
2,551 posts
689 battles
1 hour ago, blimp66 said:

Has anyone else had the game crash while just sitting in port?   I finish a battle and sit in port for a few minutes while attending to something else, and when I come back the game has crashed (black screen) and I have to use task manager to turn the game off (task manager says "world of warships not responding") to regain control of my pc.  This has been happening consistently for the past 2 months, and only with this application (doesn't happen with world of tanks).  Tried game fix, no success.  Any ideas?

An update of video drivers could help to solve the issue. 

1 hour ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Yes , it was caused by my computer or program doing an auto update, it also happened in game

Also could be the reason. 

Please make WGCheck and attach it to the ticket in support with this description. We'll try to find the particular reason. 

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
1 hour ago, blimp66 said:

I noticed when I stopped surfing for......ummmm....adult material it stopped doing that........hehehehehhehe

Members
25 posts
15,870 battles

I extended my screen-shutdown feature to an hour (used to be 5 minutes) and that seems to have solved the problem.  I don't know why that should have had any affect on the game though; it doesn't affect other applications or games.  Thanks for your reccomendations!