You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belyy_Klyk

Suggestion for Next Ship Marathon

15 comments in this topic

[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles

This isn’t a complaint, only a suggestion. I am sure plenty of people have missed too many of the Indianapolis missions to complete the marathon. I knew that I wouldn’t make it when the dates were announced because of work travel for a week and a week that I spent without internet hiking. I was never a huge fan of the ship in game but did like the history. I would suggest next time doing it like I have seen them in WoT. You can complete the marathon for the ship but if you aren’t able to complete it you could purchase it for a discount based on how much you were able to complete. It would be nice to some of the more busy players.

I am pretty sure WoT does a version of this but I could be wrong. Maybe it was another game. Either way, just a suggestion.

• Cool 5

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,399 posts
10,935 battles

I like that idea.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,380 posts
6,766 battles

It's not a bad idea at all, but I think I'd give a higher weighting towards completed tasks that involved a won battle. If you wanted to do that, knowing in advance that you couldn't complete it all but wanted to try for as many tasks as possible, I'd make it a requirement to formally opt into the missions at the start. That way you would be tagged specifically and given a voucher at the end worth the full price of the ship if you made it, a calculated proportion if you did not (with won-battle tasks counting for twice as much as "any number" missions, for example).

[HYDRO]
Members
2,864 posts
4,596 battles

Simply put, a token system like the one in WoT. It's a good opportunity to do something similar, especially after the addition of Arsenal.

[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's not a bad idea at all, but I think I'd give a higher weighting towards completed tasks that involved a won battle. If you wanted to do that, knowing in advance that you couldn't complete it all but wanted to try for as many tasks as possible, I'd make it a requirement to formally opt into the missions at the start. That way you would be tagged specifically and given a voucher at the end worth the full price of the ship if you made it, a calculated proportion if you did not (with won-battle tasks counting for twice as much as "any number" missions, for example).

I was thinking more along the lines this:

Indianapolis:

Free 21/27 required

Purchase: ((27-number of completed)/27)*35.14=cost  or ((21-# of complete)/21)*35.14.

One way you’d get a discount based oout of the total number complete the other would be out of how many you missed that you needed. 

Or you could do the whole you need 21 Indianapolis tokens where each mission completed is worth one token and you can buy tokens for a percent of the cost of ship.

Edit: just saw that @warheart1992 said this.

Edited by Belyy_Klyk

[4HIM]
Members
2,225 posts
6,552 battles

In some events like this in WT you could gold past a stage that you couldn't complete. You could gold the whole thing, but you would end up paying 5 or 6 times the cost of a similar tier vehicle. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,380 posts
6,766 battles
18 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Back in the day:

My biggest mistake in this game was not to start playing it a LOT earlier. :Smile_facepalm:  Seriously, WG, when you get tired of adding new content, just maintain the servers and that will be enough for me. I want to grow old and die with this game. :Smile_great:

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,076 posts
6,263 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My biggest mistake in this game was not to start playing it a LOT earlier. :Smile_facepalm:  Seriously, WG, when you get tired of adding new content, just maintain the servers and that will be enough for me. I want to grow old and die with this game. :Smile_great:

This is more of a license issue than a WG issue. High School Fleet will end eventually too.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,380 posts
6,766 battles
1 minute ago, Vangm94 said:

This is more of a license issue than a WG issue. High School Fleet will end eventually too.

Yeah, I know, but those who got the ships and captains keep them indefinitely, don't they? I was just saying I'm kicking myself for having not been around when the ARP ships were winnable. Nobody's fault but mine. :Smile_teethhappy:

However, I won the HSF cat captain and the Azur Lane giveaway captain, so I've got pieces of those events to keep. I considered the HSF Harekaze, but Tier VIII destroyer play is so far above where I am now it would have been inappropriate, and since I got the actual Graf Spee at a big discount, I see no justification for buying the HSF ship too.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,076 posts
6,263 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah, I know, but those who got the ships and captains keep them indefinitely, don't they? I was just saying I'm kicking myself for having not been around when the ARP ships were winnable. Nobody's fault but mine. :Smile_teethhappy:

However, I won the HSF cat captain and the Azur Lane giveaway captain, so I've got pieces of those events to keep. I considered the HSF Harekaze, but Tier VIII destroyer play is so far above where I am now it would have been inappropriate, and since I got the actual Graf Spee at a big discount, I see no justification for buying the HSF ship too.

What I find interesting is that when you do battle a ARP, you sorta have to expect him to be a "veteran" of the game and then he just plays horribly and you think :fish_palm:

[DPG]
Members
1,339 posts
5,803 battles

This would be nice.  I ended up in the hospital due to a medical emergency.  Sitting in there for about a week I missed out on some missions including the ones I specifically skipped in the beginning.  I'll be 16/18 for the free ship.  Oh well, it's the thought that counts.

[LHG]
Members
1,494 posts
5,995 battles
37 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

In some events like this in WT you could gold past a stage that you couldn't complete. You could gold the whole thing, but you would end up paying 5 or 6 times the cost of a similar tier vehicle. 

Yep. However, WT token missions are bland and difficult, and token RMT prices were a bit steep (I shelled out 30 bucks to get the KV-220, and that was with over half the missions accomplished). I don't even put in the effort for the new events anymore.

A similar but fairer system would be nice here, but I would choose the current system over WT's.

[REVY]
Members
1,220 posts
8,781 battles
23 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

What I find interesting is that when you do battle a ARP, you sorta have to expect him to be a "veteran" of the game and then he just plays horribly and you think :fish_palm:

hard to say

I have a 67% win rate in my Kongo and I got it the first time around. The other 3 I didn't play as much, and as is always the case with randoms, I had 'winning' teams.

I think it was harder to get the first time around. The second time, before the entire event ended, it looked like the missions were easier.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,076 posts
6,263 battles
16 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

hard to say

I have a 67% win rate in my Kongo and I got it the first time around. The other 3 I didn't play as much, and as is always the case with randoms, I had 'winning' teams.

I think it was harder to get the first time around. The second time, before the entire event ended, it looked like the missions were easier.

I got ARP Kongo pretty easily and then I learned how to cause fires with Ryujo to get my fires. What I meant was that the players who have the ARP ships have been here for at least 2-3 years so you would think they are "good"... and then it fall flat and they die quick. This includes me.