Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

Indianapolis compensation?

64 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,764
[O_O]
Members
5,017 posts
11,284 battles

Does anyone know what the silver compensation is for Indianapolis?  I completed the marathon today, got her awarded, but my silver didn't seem to go up.  I looked in the notifications tab, but there was no mention of the ship (which there probably wouldn't have been since I already have her), the captain or the credits (which I thought there would be)?  I assume I had less silver than I thought and the Indy addition didn't catch my attention.

What is the silver value of Indianapolis?  If I sold her I would get $5.6M...is that also the compensation price?

Edited by desmo_2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
373
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

5,625,000 is what it shows in credits for sale in port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,665
[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,252 posts
7,214 battles
26 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

What is the silver value of Indianapolis?  If I sold her I would get $5.6M...is that also the compensation price?

If you sell a ship, you only get half of it‘s Credit value. So you need to double that number, and then you have the Credit value. In this case 11.2M Credits.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
351
[BS]
Members
1,390 posts
7,684 battles

I bought the Aigle when it came out... I ended up getting credits for the duplication when I finished the missions, which makes sense... It was never a cash only ship. It's not so cut and dry with the Indianapolis, it was a cash only ship for an extremely long time. I paid money for it, am I going to get credits when I finish the missions? That doesn't seem fair. They're "devaluing" the ship by giving it away for free, are paying customers going to get doubloons? Otherwise, that money (or the value you could say) just evaporates into thin air if they give it away for free.

 

I think they should've just buffed it a little more and kept it cash only, would've sold a lot more of them.

EJ

Edited by HorrorRoach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,453
[HINON]
Members
10,705 posts
4 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

I bought the Aigle when it came out... I ended up getting credits for the duplication when I finished the missions, which makes sense... It was never a cash only ship. It's not so cut and dry with the Indianapolis, it was a cash only ship for an extremely long time. I paid money for it, am I going to get credits when I finish the missions? That doesn't seem fair. They're "devaluing" the ship by giving it away for free, are paying customers going to get doubloons? Otherwise, that money (or the value you could say) just evaporates into thin air if they give it away for free.

 

I think they should've just buffed it a little more and kept it cash only, would've sold a lot more of them.

EJ

You already got a bunch of extra crates with the mission for her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,215
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,383 posts
15,162 battles

If you win a ship you already own the compensation is usually a capt, port slot and full value of the ship in credits, not the 1/2 credits for selling it! I racked up plenty in the Christmas gift deals after I got most of the Premium ships being given away every time a gift ship was a duplicate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
351
[BS]
Members
1,390 posts
7,684 battles
2 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

You already got a bunch of extra crates with the mission for her.

I think they're going to give doubloons to people who paid cash for it.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,764
[O_O]
Members
5,017 posts
11,284 battles
1 minute ago, HorrorRoach said:

I think they're going to give doubloons to people who paid cash for it.

That is not what I understand...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
189 posts
6,773 battles

From June Mission Details

If you already have Indianapolis in your Port, you’ll receive a commander, a slot and compensation in Credits equal to the ship's cost.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
98
[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

Sirene is right I got a Kidd mission from a American container and it gave me double the selling credits when I finished but no notice showed up in the battle notifications tab like OP said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
351
[BS]
Members
1,390 posts
7,684 battles
13 minutes ago, Drago25x said:

From June Mission Details

If you already have Indianapolis in your Port, you’ll receive a commander, a slot and compensation in Credits equal to the ship's cost.

thats actually sickening... Why would i ever buy a premium again if there's a risk it could become free for everyone, flushing my money down the drain.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
251
[WOLF8]
Members
375 posts
7,191 battles

Your money was “down the drain” the moment you bought a pixel ship with it.  Did you somehow think that was an investment?

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
189 posts
6,773 battles
12 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

thats actually sickening... Why would i ever buy a premium again if there's a risk it could become free for everyone, flushing my money down the drain.

That is the risk you take and there is no guarantee that any premium will become free later on. If nothing else, you paid to play the ship earlier than everyone else and this time, playing the ship got you extra crates with goodies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,453
[HINON]
Members
10,705 posts
2 minutes ago, Drago25x said:

That is the risk you take and there is no guarantee that any premium will become free later on. If nothing else, you paid to play the ship earlier than everyone else and this time, playing the ship got you extra crates with goodies. 

 

Plus the extra crates we are getting for playing her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,012
[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles
12 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Why would i ever buy a premium again if there's a risk it could become free for everyone, flushing my money down the drain.

Not free for everyone. Free for those with enough Tier 6-plus ships, enough skill, and enough determination to get through the Marathon.  And luck can also be a HUGE factor.

If I had already had the Indy, after what I've gone through to try and get her at my skill level, I wouldn't begrudge the non-paying customers the ability to own her. (I'm just two tasks short and expecting to do that this weekend. She'll be my first premium ship win at mid-high tier level, and I'll be absolutely stoked to get her.)

I know how you feel at a lesser level - I bought the Tachibana for the fun potential, and then shortly afterwards they announced the Tachibana Lima as a giveaway winnable premium (for a pittance of a mission). So the ship I paid money for was now easily available to all, and with no chance of even winning credits back (because the Lima is functionally identical but recognised as a different ship). Did I complain? Well, I head-desked a few times for sure (who wouldn't?), but then I went straight out and won the Tachi Lima, and her captain stays in her and works towards a gun build. The straight Tachi, I put my 10 point Japanese destroyer captain into when I want to have some low tier torpedo fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
694
[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
18 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

thats actually sickening... Why would i ever buy a premium again if there's a risk it could become free for everyone, flushing my money down the drain.

They aren't giving it away, you have to earn it, so if I earn it I get the boat, if you earn it you get credits. If I don't earn it I get nothing, you still have the boat. So it's not free to everyone, I can earn it or buy it, that's not free!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
526
[MIA-P]
Members
2,164 posts
10,799 battles
29 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

thats actually sickening... Why would i ever buy a premium again if there's a risk it could become free for everyone, flushing my money down the drain.

Because you can get earlier access to said premium or don't have time to grind later (time is money, after all).  While yes, you could have saved money by not buying the premium and waiting ages to get it (Indy has been out more than 2 years, for instance), you not only got it well before everyone, you invested less time in getting it.  Indy is about $31 in the shop. At US Federal minimum wage ($7.25/hr), that's about 5 hours of work.  Compare with the hours spent to do the missions and you come out well ahead.  You saved time (and therefore arguably money) and got a go at something well before everyone else.  Why are you complaining again?

Edited by thegamefilmguruman
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,012
[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles
1 minute ago, Capt_h2o said:

So it's not free to everyone, I can earn it or buy it, that's not free!

It all hangs on definitions, doesn't it? I'll call the Indy a free premium when I get her because I didn't have to give Wargaming money for her. (Ironically I've spent more than her worth in the process, because somebody gifted me an Atlanta and 10-point captain to help me out and I felt obliged to reciprocate their generosity. But that choice was on me.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,012
[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles
4 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

As US Federal minimum wage ($7.25/hr), that's about 5 hours of work.  Compare with the hours spent to do the missions and you come out well ahead.

This is something I considered about halfway through, but I'm not actually doing this to get the Indianapolis (I have the New Orleans, which in gun-systems terms is much the same thing) so much as to prove that I'm capable of completing the missions, and to refine the way I approach similar tasks in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
637
[LUCK]
Members
1,656 posts
23,002 battles

 

3 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

They aren't giving it away, you have to earn it, so if I earn it I get the boat, if you earn it you get credits. If I don't earn it I get nothing, you still have the boat. So it's not free to everyone, I can earn it or buy it, that's not free!

They are giving it away, don't get it twisted. In the process they are pissing all over those that spent money on it. I have no problem with the "earning" it provided they offer real compensation in the form of doubloons for those that previously purchased it (prior to the mission announcement).

That said they have lost a purchaser of 2 1/2 years of premium time, ships (all but the most recent), premium camos, doubloons, etc.

They chose not to respect my premium purchase so I choose to no longer support them. It's real simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
526
[MIA-P]
Members
2,164 posts
10,799 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is something I considered about halfway through, but I'm not actually doing this to get the Indianapolis (I have the New Orleans, which in gun-systems terms is much the same thing) so much as to prove that I'm capable of completing the missions, and to refine the way I approach similar tasks in the future.

For the challenge, eh?  I'm more or less the same.  I already have Indy, mind, but those containers...still hoping for a mission for the terribad DD to drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Community Department
2,576 posts
759 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

Does anyone know what the silver compensation is for Indianapolis?  I completed the marathon today, got her awarded, but my silver didn't seem to go up.  I looked in the notifications tab, but there was no mention of the ship (which there probably wouldn't have been since I already have her), the captain or the credits (which I thought there would be)?  I assume I had less silver than I thought and the Indy addition didn't catch my attention.

What is the silver value of Indianapolis?  If I sold her I would get $5.6M...is that also the compensation price?

We have checked the question with my collegues from support. You have recieved 11 250 000 credits as a compensation. And after that your total ammount of credits was 30 720 887. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
526
[MIA-P]
Members
2,164 posts
10,799 battles
24 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

 

They are giving it away, don't get it twisted. In the process they are pissing all over those that spent money on it. I have no problem with the "earning" it provided they offer real compensation in the form of doubloons for those that previously purchased it (prior to the mission announcement).

That said they have lost a purchaser of 2 1/2 years of premium time, ships (all but the most recent), premium camos, doubloons, etc.

They chose not to respect my premium purchase so I choose to no longer support them. It's real simple.

Asking people to spend more time to grind a thing then you spent to make the money to buy it is insulting, not to mention you got it well before them?  Plus you got extra crates from the missions. It's a case of you can have the thing now for less effort (the option you took) or much later with more effort (the people doing the missions), AND you get more stuff on top of everything if you took the first option.  How is this unfair?  How is this insulting you and your purchase?  Think about this: Were the missions to obtain October Revolution unfair while it was in the shop should someone want it now?  How about Aigle?  How about the people who bought Yubari to get into Closed Beta-and now you can get it for free with coal (which is easy to earn)?  None of this is unfair.  You got a thing first and for less effort.  You got a screaming deal.

Let's say there's a toll road.  You can use the toll road for a fee and get to a place quickly and in relative comfort.  There's also another free route built two years later that takes far more time, gas, and wear and tear on your vehicle than you would have paid for the toll.  The people who saved time and money via the toll road are now angry that the free route exists.  It's insulting to them that someone would have the opportunity to go way out of their way for far more effort than the people that paid put in to get to the same location.  How dare they.

Edited by thegamefilmguruman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,012
[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles
2 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

How about the people who bought Yubari to get into Closed Beta-and now you can get it for free with coal (which is easy to earn)?

How about the people who bought Yubari out of curiosity and now it's available for coal, LOL.

4 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Asking people to spend more time to grind a thing then you spent to make the money to buy it is insulting

Well, yes and no. Win or lose, I usually end up with a new ship out of these things anyway, because the game-play effort I have to put in finishes a grind for me (Vampire missions finished the Emerald grind; Duke of York was a failure but helped me grind out the Leander and unlock Fiji; this marathon has helped me finish both Normandie and Farragut. It's all how you choose to see it.)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×