Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
STOGGYRETURNS

Playing WOWP to pay for WOWS premium time

33 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

42
[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
13,145 battles

Does anyone one else farm World of Warplanes for the 150 tokens to buy 30 days premium to use in World of Warships?

I'd love some other player support with completing these daily missions from time to time.  Drop me a comment if you play all the wargaming.net games to achieve things you use for Warships.

redsfgsdffsgbfsgb.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
683
[WOLF4]
Members
1,420 posts
3,174 battles
4 minutes ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

Does anyone one else farm World of Warplanes for the 150 tokens to buy 30 days premium to use in World of Warships?

I'd love some other player support with completing these daily missions from time to time.  Drop me a comment if you play all the wargaming.net games to achieve things you use for Warships.

Is there much of a community left in that game? I was a beta tester for the game, which was the last time i played it.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
13,145 battles
Just now, xalmgrey said:

Is there much of a community left in that game? I was a beta tester for the game, which was the last time i played it.

It is so small hence the pay to play concept built into it. They make and sell new premium planes so it can't be that hard up but you do still see a lot of bot fillers instead of players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
683
[WOLF4]
Members
1,420 posts
3,174 battles
1 minute ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

It is so small hence the pay to play concept built into it. They make and sell new premium planes so it can't be that hard up but you do still see a lot of bot fillers instead of players.

I'll have to give it a shot again at some point to see what has changed, if i can get away from this game for enough time. :cap_book:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
13,145 battles
11 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

I'll have to give it a shot again at some point to see what has changed, if i can get away from this game for enough time. :cap_book:

They made all new modules that have positive and negative effects. Very similar to the new modules for tier X ships only you get to enhance & calibrate them and get chances of additional buffs for each upgrade level which if you get all the good ones it can make your planes super OP at there tasks. Which is great for token farming both daily performance wise and daily mission wise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,485
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles

I played it for a while and made it up to tier 8 on the German attack plane side of things. It was actually a lot of fun. I might go back to it. The Me329 was fantastic. 

 

It did have a pretty big Russian Bias element to it, though. The IL-2 and it's family members were ridiculous. That and fighters had too much control over captures. It was a lot quicker and easier for a fighter to kill a couple bots and flip a zone than it was for an attack plane to flip it via base attacking. So a fighter could just follow you around at high altitude and wait for you to flip a base, then kill a few NPC fighters and flip it right back. 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
74
[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
328 posts
6,146 battles

Some of the CCs were very happy about wowp 2.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
373
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

I played it for like 30 minutes when they were hyping the 2.0. It's not even close to as good as War Thunder which I quit playing years ago, and it has full on P2W gold ammo. No thanks, uninstalled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
267
[WOLFB]
Members
603 posts
4,898 battles
7 hours ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

150 tokens to buy 30 days premium to use in World of Warships?

Could you explain a little bit more?

My son likes to play WoWp (although I think I've finally got him into Ships more than Planes! but that's a different story) so if it's easy to join him for a couple games to get Premium time I'm all in.

How would I go about this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
674 posts
1,307 battles

You make it sound as if anyone can just hop into WoWP and grind those 150 tokens in no time. Truth is, the missions are broken down into three parts, each requiring different tier planes, so you have to have at least one tier 8, but preferably more, as different missions require different planes. All three parts must be completed to earn the tokens.

I suppose if you already have those high tier planes, or want to put in the time to grind them, then earning those tokens every month might be doable, but there's still a significant time investment involved. I watch several WoWP streamers and they're all very good players, but even they take a while to grind out those tokens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
294 posts
6,819 battles
1 hour ago, gmrbull said:

Some of the CCs were very happy about wowp 2.0

As an alpha tester for the game and somebody who played it through to 1.9, I feel 2.0 was the death of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
13,145 battles
6 hours ago, w4spl3g said:

I played it for like 30 minutes when they were hyping the 2.0. It's not even close to as good as War Thunder which I quit playing years ago, and it has full on P2W gold ammo. No thanks, uninstalled.

No doubt wowp isn't the best plane game out there but its economy being tied together with ships and tanks gives it value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
13,145 battles
6 hours ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

You make it sound as if anyone can just hop into WoWP and grind those 150 tokens in no time. Truth is, the missions are broken down into three parts, each requiring different tier planes, so you have to have at least one tier 8, but preferably more, as different missions require different planes. All three parts must be completed to earn the tokens.

I suppose if you already have those high tier planes, or want to put in the time to grind them, then earning those tokens every month might be doable, but there's still a significant time investment involved. I watch several WoWP streamers and they're all very good players, but even they take a while to grind out those tokens.

Jester this is how I wrapped my head around it.
First you will need to play a line to tier 8. Then play the missions that are made available to you or reset the ones you don't like for ones you can do. You can change a mission once a day if you can't do it. I currently have 102 tokens from passively playing. I have also spent 54 tokens on 3 plane slots. It is possible to get up to 19 tokens per day if you do everything alone. If you have help it is possible to double up on a 10 token mission and do 2 in one day for 29 tokens.
EXAMPLE: I have a mission right now where I need 150 assists on aerials across the three tiers. I basically need a dedicated kill stealer. I damage em and my wing man destroys them.

I try not to focus too much on planes weak points or I will get upset. Support for planes is down right neglectful and they do have issues from time to time but if you consider it as a side game that could supplement your ships premium time it's not so bad. Play to Pay was a huge deal for me in EVE and I gravitate to games that have similar systems. It would be nice if once per day per achievement if we got a SHIP token for heroic achievements to eventually pay for premium time like planes does.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
13,145 battles
6 hours ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

You make it sound as if anyone can just hop into WoWP and grind those 150 tokens in no time. Truth is, the missions are broken down into three parts, each requiring different tier planes, so you have to have at least one tier 8, but preferably more, as different missions require different planes. All three parts must be completed to earn the tokens.

I suppose if you already have those high tier planes, or want to put in the time to grind them, then earning those tokens every month might be doable, but there's still a significant time investment involved. I watch several WoWP streamers and they're all very good players, but even they take a while to grind out those tokens.

You are not wrong about the time invested to get your base planes assembled and upgraded to be your perfect farmer vehicles. However I got to an 8 in 1 day with premium on. XP in planes is fairly easy to get and the matches are about a 1/4 of a warships battle. Admittedly it took me about a week to get myself dialed in and actually generating daily tokens

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,151
[WOLF3]
Members
19,222 posts
17,579 battles
14 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

Is there much of a community left in that game? I was a beta tester for the game, which was the last time i played it.

The last time I played was around December 2017, after a major, controversial update to the-then existing players.

 

Even back in December, there was a big population problem.  The more tiers you were past Tier V, the more likely you find yourself as the only player on your team with 1 player opponent, and the remaining rosters populated by bots.  The higher the tier, the longer you were going to be in the queues.  I'd try to queue up in a Tier VII or VIII plane and depending on the time, I could be in the queue for 4-5 minutes.  That's not good.

 

There are some cool elements to the game.  Playing an Me262, flying a Corsair, Zero, Raiden.  They even implemented some light and medium bombers.  Sure you can fly high altitude, but I found tremendous joy flying low and fast, popping over some hills, and bombing some value targets, and get out before the fighters come for you.

 

There's cool things but population is a big problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
13,145 battles
4 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The last time I played was around December 2017, after a major, controversial update to the-then existing players.

 

Even back in December, there was a big population problem.  The more tiers you were past Tier V, the more likely you find yourself as the only player on your team with 1 player opponent, and the remaining rosters populated by bots.  The higher the tier, the longer you were going to be in the queues.  I'd try to queue up in a Tier VII or VIII plane and depending on the time, I could be in the queue for 4-5 minutes.  That's not good.

 

There are some cool elements to the game.  Playing an Me262, flying a Corsair, Zero, Raiden.  They even implemented some light and medium bombers.  Sure you can fly high altitude, but I found tremendous joy flying low and fast, popping over some hills, and bombing some value targets, and get out before the fighters come for you.

 

There's cool things but population is a big problem.

Agreed. However that population short fall is what makes it possible for a Play to Pay system to exist. It is terrible that they alienated their old and original player base but if affords me an opportunity to get something for free regularly that I would otherwise have to pay for. What can I say I'm cheap!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
13,145 battles
2 hours ago, fourteenfour said:

free game time in WOWs for playing WOWp?  

 

seriously not worth it.

It is worth it if you want the reward from a side game to carry into your main game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
13,145 battles

Just got my first 30 days of premium from planes last night to use for ships

sfewrewqaerfe.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
211
[-SYN-]
Members
538 posts
2,327 battles
On 7/6/2018 at 1:15 AM, STOGGYRETURNS said:

Does anyone one else farm World of Warplanes for the 150 tokens to buy 30 days premium to use in World of Warships?

I'd love some other player support with completing these daily missions from time to time.  Drop me a comment if you play all the wargaming.net games to achieve things you use for Warships.

redsfgsdffsgbfsgb.PNG

If you go on WoT, they have a boot camp there and when you finish it, they give you four days of premium time and 500 gold(which can be used for 2 days premium time). So that would give you almost a week for free of premium time on WoWS.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
13,145 battles
2 minutes ago, Leopard_IX said:

If you go on WoT, they have a boot camp there and when you finish it, they give you four days of premium time and 500 gold(which can be used for 2 days premium time). So that would give you almost a week for free of premium time on WoWS.

Great tip!! I'll check it out!! thanks!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[MK48]
[MK48]
Members
178 posts
3,473 battles

Want to try wowp but the mouse pointer flight does not work for me. Birds of steel and il2 sturmovik on console gamepads were perfect. Is there anyway to play like this? Google searches net jack squat except people saying " why , use m+kb to be competitive blahh" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
376 posts
5 battles
On 7/6/2018 at 8:36 AM, Weapon_of_Proliferation said:

As an alpha tester for the game and somebody who played it through to 1.9, I feel 2.0 was the death of the game.

I'll be honest, it's people like you who supported the disaster that was WOWP 1.0 that caused it's massive decline. If wargaming had been allowed to actually make changes without your interference maybe it could have been fixed far sooner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
945
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,113 posts
4,926 battles

Planes honestly is pretty fun now, I got back into it a couple times... Then OUT again with the stupidity that was "Operation: Westwall", but I go back every now and then. The Zero is just too much of a beauty for me to leave entirely, and the Fw 190 can absolutely wreck other planes.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
13,145 battles

I wish they would finally import player operated planes from player operated CVs. I am sick of all this special attack crap and would rather see CVs go to the next level and warplanes finally have a point in some kind of new cross platform mode that used ships to encourage people to use planes to reinforce their clan CV with competent pilots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×