Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BusterXXXX

Clan Battles scheduling is not good

34 comments in this topic

Members
34 posts

I think (I'm assuming that WG knows the actual data), that a lot of the player base is older and regularly has family commitments.  So starting Clan Battles in the afternoon, but ending at 8.30 pacific makes it very difficult for many to participate.  I thin kit would make a lot more sense for WG to extend the CBs time at least a couple of hours.  This allows all the dads to get the kids to bed, and then log on for a few matches.

• Cool 2

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,097 posts
11,076 battles

And then on the East coast time zone it ends at 11:30 P.M.  Which on the week days and Sunday make it hard for working people that start early in the morning .  So your suggestion would make it worse for them .  Just my opinion not trying to put you down just pointing out the other side of the coin .

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles

Wed and Thu are hard as well due to work in the morning. Fri would be a better day I think. Sat & Sun having some hours in the middle of the day would be nice.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
4,097 posts
11,076 battles
4 minutes ago, BusterXXXX said:

I'm proposing to extend the window, not shift it.

Yes I understand that . However East coasters who have the problem of it being to late in the evening would miss out on the extra time that others are getting in as your proposal would extend it to 1:30 A.M. EDT .

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Clan Battles should be 24 hours 2 days a week Start friday at Noon  end Sunday at noon.

• Cool 4

[SALVO]
Members
20,040 posts
19,932 battles
10 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Yes I understand that . However East coasters who have the problem of it being to late in the evening would miss out on the extra time that others are getting in as your proposal would extend it to 1:30 A.M. EDT .

Perhaps, but you really don't HAVE to play every minute that a CB session is active.

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,605 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Clan Battles should be 24 hours 2 days a week Start friday at Noon  end Sunday at noon.

That's not a bad idea.

[SIM]
Members
1,491 posts

Change clan battle times on the weekend to all day. Next get rid of tier 10 ships and use tier 8. More active players have a tier 8 at least. You will get greater participation. Also allow CVs in clan battles. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,774 posts
10,228 battles

As a west coaster who works late I also hate the current clan battles schedule.

The 24hrs for two days is not bad in theory, but I think it will burn people out.

I would like to see the schedule staggered across the four days: ie make it start an hour later and end an hour later each day... so some days favor east coast and some days favor west coast. Right now they all favor east coast, which is super lame.

[VW]
Members
2,429 posts
14,253 battles

They really should make it round the clock the same as in ranked. At the very least extend it 2 hours on each side. 

• Cool 2

[HEROS]
Members
1,825 posts
5,805 battles

my crazy schedule should be addressed by WG now.

hurry, I am waiting. 

spud

• Cool 3

[GRIT]
Members
3,254 posts
9,648 battles
4 hours ago, BusterXXXX said:

So starting Clan Battles in the afternoon, but ending at 8.30 pacific makes it very difficult for many to participate.

I mean, at least make it 7:30 to 11:30 PST a few times a week.

[CRUEL]
[CRUEL]
Members
174 posts
18,340 battles

Maybe they could let us have a couple of mercenaries like they used to in team battles. I am on the west coast and weekdays are difficult to field 7 we had 5 on a few times today if I could get a couple of mercenaries we could have played. Pulse it would help smaller clans get into the battles and let players who aren't sure  they want to join a clan give it a try.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,443 posts
17,098 battles

Easy fix  from Monday to Thursday have them with  2 extension  ( 1 hour early finish 1 hour later ) then as others have said have it run 24 hours from Friday to Sunday.

That if you miss out on some of the days your bound to get at least 1 game in some time.

regards 

[AXANR]
[AXANR]
263 posts
13,145 battles
2 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

They really should make it round the clock the same as in ranked. At the very least extend it 2 hours on each side. 

My thoughts exactly!!

[AXANR]
[AXANR]
263 posts
13,145 battles
48 minutes ago, CaptinKen said:

Maybe they could let us have a couple of mercenaries like they used to in team battles. I am on the west coast and weekdays are difficult to field 7 we had 5 on a few times today if I could get a couple of mercenaries we could have played. Pulse it would help smaller clans get into the battles and let players who aren't sure  they want to join a clan give it a try.

My clan has similar issues. I totally agree with your thoughts.

[AXANR]
[AXANR]
263 posts
13,145 battles
2 hours ago, LadyJess said:

Change clan battle times on the weekend to all day. Next get rid of tier 10 ships and use tier 8. More active players have a tier 8 at least. You will get greater participation. Also allow CVs in clan battles. 

Yes!! This would make a huge difference to my clans ability to field a team even if all we do is lose right now. 

[VW]
Members
2,429 posts
14,253 battles
Just now, LadyJess said:

they want to encourage people to grind all the way. that it what it is. as for cv you clearly have not faced elite cv players, this is a horrifically disastrous idea you propose. the best cv players can singlehandedly win the match. i think not having cvs in clan wars is just fine.

Edited by monpetitloup

[AXANR]
[AXANR]
263 posts
13,145 battles
5 hours ago, BusterXXXX said:

I think (I'm assuming that WG knows the actual data), that a lot of the player base is older and regularly has family commitments.  So starting Clan Battles in the afternoon, but ending at 8.30 pacific makes it very difficult for many to participate.  I thin kit would make a lot more sense for WG to extend the CBs time at least a couple of hours.  This allows all the dads to get the kids to bed, and then log on for a few matches.

They don't really think like American's or understand or lifestyles. I don't think they give a crap about or lives because they know they are deliberately trying to compete with real life. They do weird things like have a banking related sale (the switching to the international banking allowed) on a bank holiday weekend. So in my instance I couldn't communicate with my bank to make said allowances until the event was over. The big disconnect is they are Russians and we aren't. We play on a secondary server to their primary Russian Server. Everything done for us is a copy pasted google translated version of what they did for their main server in Russia. 

All my opinion on how I see things. Nothing more!!

• Boring 1

[AXANR]
[AXANR]
263 posts
13,145 battles
7 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

they want to encourage people to grind all the way. that it what it is. as for cv you clearly have not faced elite cv players, this is a horrifically disastrous idea you propose. the best cv players can singlehandedly win the match. i think not having cvs in clan wars is just fine.

Yes!! Good point it would be death by Developer Abortion over and over instapopper style!!! By that I mean the Graf Zeppelin will delete you and your team without ever being seen. I hate those things and curse the day they invented AP Bombs!! So maybe no tier 8 CV's then.

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
4 hours ago, LadyJess said:

If you have a T8, you can compete in Clan Battles. Just play one T8+ PvP battle and you will get T10 Clan Battles rentals. I agree on no CVs as the really good CV players will dominate.

2 hours ago, CaptinKen said:

Then it would not be Clan Battles, but Team Battles. I totally understand. PVE clan has around a dozen players interested in Clan Battles. Getting 7 of us all on at once is a problem in the small windows we have. We would definitely like larger windows of battle times.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Time zones are a beautiful thing, huh?

I am a dad of 2 wee ones, and I have a job that I get up at 5am for. Almost doesn't matter WHEN they have those battles, it's always a "bad time".

[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles

Heck I would like the opportunity to lose a match. The clan I am in cant get enough people to play.

Sign in to follow this