Sign in to follow this  
SupahFlyGuy

Torp bug?

6 comments in this topic

[WUDPS]
Members
9 posts
7,380 battles

I just put 4 torpedoes from a Leningrad into a Hsienyang for 13,205 total damage or which 118 was flooding.

If the torpedoes do 15,100 damage, how could this be?

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,095 posts
11,073 battles

Depends . Saturation ; deduction of damage from the ships torpedo bulge and maybe others . 

here is a wonderful example  of damage saturation from torps :

1MdmLMu.gif:Smile_honoring:

• Funny 1

[STURM]
Members
440 posts
3,797 battles

My bet is that he only had 13205 health left when you torpedoed him, and that the damage saturation that Anderman mention ensured he lived long just long enough to take that 4th torpedo. The damage counter doesn't count overkill.

Heck, I once got a citadel hit on a Cleveland in my Bismark that only did 3 damage, simply because that was all the health he had left.

Of course, this is all speculation on my part. If you have the replay, looking at that would help us figure out what happened more accurately. 

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,980 posts
9,293 battles
1 hour ago, SupahFlyGuy said:

I just put 4 torpedoes from a Leningrad into a Hsienyang for 13,205 total damage or which 118 was flooding.

If the torpedoes do 15,100 damage, how could this be?

Aidefrom as said above by others of damage saturation - Torpedoes "max damage" is actually somewhat false. Yes, that is the maximum, however, The maximum damage a DD will take from a torp is 0.9x or 90% of the max damage. Most other ships have a torp bulge so while a bow or stern strike is the same as a DD hit, 0.9x, you will almost never deal 100% damage to a DD. 

Odds are the bow/stern is what you hit (last check main ship body doesn't saturate like that, only those two areas), which reduced it by that much and started flooding (which flooding and fire ignore saturation) and he died or repaired. As that is still slightly under the .9x multiplier damage wise.

Think of it this way - while Wargaming keeps it that our ships can stay in battle and all both for out fun and amusement, and visually for the sake of simplicity, the areas that I know can be saturated - Bow, Stern, and Superstructure, while still there have effectively been blown off or shreaded to nothing. While ships can and did survive losing large chunks of these areas, usually it took them out of the fight, with possible rare exceptions. If I remember correctly one of the DD's with Taffy 3 even though it's superstructure areas were pretty much gone was still fighting with command shifted to another area of the ship. So, while visually, you see 4 torps hit the bow/stern or shots rounds hitting near the bridge, in terms of gameplay, these areas have pretty much been blown off the ship. 

• Cool 1

[WUDPS]
Members
9 posts
7,380 battles

The Hsienyang had full HP at the start, took FOUR torps and only took 13,205 in TOTAL damage. He kept on sailing.

Sign in to follow this