Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Veigr

National vocal literal translations

7 comments in this topic

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
12 posts
15,795 battles

Please refer me if there is a topic somewhere that has this answer already.  I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find what the various national voices say in game, but written down.  I know the general idea of what they're saying based on the English occurrences of the voices in action, but I know that often the other languages can have interesting variations on the same topic. "We hit them hard!" (hypothetical other language saying for same event in game) "Thunder hit them there!".  I made up the last  one but you get the idea.  In particular I'm interested in the french ones. 

I'm hoping to see the written versions of the vocal lines, or failing that any literal translations.

Thanks

[WOLFB]
Members
2,550 posts
10,394 battles

As far as French voices are concerned they aren't different than other voices such as English when it comes to translation. There are maybe few lines like :

"Destroyer ennemi pulvérise" which can be literaly translated as :" Ennemi Destroyer annihilated"

"Cuirassé ennemi envoyé par le fond"  --> I don't know if there is an English expression for "envoyé par le fond" but it means "sunk" / "send to the bottom of the sea"

"On ouvre le bal" (When earning First Blood) ----> literaly means "Open the ball". I don't know the English expression for that.

"Droit au but" (When scoring heavy damage / citadel) ----->Literaly mean "Straight to the point"

Yeah I kinda sucks at translating French---->English

English voices are saying the same thing French says in their own language

As far as my poor knowledge in japanese language are concerned, I think they always use the same word when they kill a ship. 

Edited by AlcatrazNC
  • Cool 1

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,215 posts
5,381 battles

I have often asked for subtitles somewhere to be put in.  It would help with certain chatty captains as well.

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
12 posts
15,795 battles

Thanks for the attempt!  I am really interested in the literal translations, I think they're fascinating.

[KNTI2]
Members
884 posts
5,870 battles
2 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

"On ouvre le bal" (When earning First Blood) ----> literaly means "Open the ball". I don't know the English expression for that.

Would be "let's get this party started".

Sign in to follow this