You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Skyhooker

Public test Tier X research cost

15 comments in this topic

[QNA]
Members
95 posts
4,898 battles

Hey, guys,

I was just playing on the test server, and the requirement to get 24hr premium time is to win 3 battles in a T10 ship.  I was trying to advance from T9, when I noticed that the research XP cost was HALF A MILLION XP!  I checked every class in every nation, and the cost is the same.  Do you suppose this is a mistake, a bad joke, or a giant F.U.?

Thanks,

~Sky

[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,863 battles
15 hours ago, Skyhooker said:

Hey, guys,

I was just playing on the test server, and the requirement to get 24hr premium time is to win 3 battles in a T10 ship.  I was trying to advance from T9, when I noticed that the research XP cost was HALF A MILLION XP!  I checked every class in every nation, and the cost is the same.  Do you suppose this is a mistake, a bad joke, or a giant F.U.?

Thanks,

~Sky

Hi! Each time you get a loot crate or a win, you get some Eagle and Shark credits. Those can be used in the arsenal to purchase the T10 ships. Open the Arsenal and you will see. 

[QNA]
Members
95 posts
4,898 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

Hi! Each time you get a loot crate or a win, you get some Eagle and Shark credits. Those can be used in the arsenal to purchase the T10 ships. Open the Arsenal and you will see. 

Ahhh, I see now - thanks!!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,193 posts
5,726 battles

Though there is one bug for me in the Arsenal that the Republic is unavailable for me to research/unlock because it claims that I already have the ship yet I don't and somehow I have the space camo for the Republic in my inventory in the PTS.....weird

[WOLF9]
Members
8,823 posts
4,180 battles
36 minutes ago, Skyhooker said:

Hey, guys,

Thanks,

~Sky

If you would read the PT announcement in the News rather than jump straight it, WG clearly says that you won't be able to play a T10 and they've set it up so that you can't.

The bug is that the 3rd mission is for a T10.  I wonder what it was supposed to be?

Never mind.  You can do it with Loyalty tokens.   [You might care to.  I don't.]

Edited by iDuckman
Oopps

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles

This is a dumb question I'm sure, but how do you even link your account to the PT? 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,193 posts
5,726 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

If you would read the PT announcement in the News rather than jump straight it, WG clearly says that you won't be able to play a T10 and they've set it up so that you can't.

The bug is that the 3rd mission is for a T10.  I wonder what it was supposed to be?

You can still get tier 10s via Arsenal via Shark/Eagle credits

[QNA]
Members
95 posts
4,898 battles
4 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

This is a dumb question I'm sure, but how do you even link your account to the PT? 

You have to register to play on the PT, here:   https://pt.worldofwarships.ru/registration/en/?game=wows

I'll warn you, though, that it took me 5 months to get a reply of acceptance.

Edited by Skyhooker

[N-W-T]
Members
1,368 posts
5,791 battles
7 minutes ago, Skyhooker said:

You have to register to play on the PT, here:   https://pt.worldofwarships.ru/registration/en/?game=wows

I don't know when you signed up and if there were more restrictions in the past, but I was able to get on immediately after registering for the 7.5 PTS. 

[WOLF9]
Members
8,823 posts
4,180 battles
9 minutes ago, Skyhooker said:

When I signed up back in version 0.5? it was bing bang.  No waiting.

I do use a different user name: iDuckman_tester, if that makes any difference.

[QNA]
Members
95 posts
4,898 battles
2 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I don't know when you signed up and if there were more restrictions in the past, but I was able to get on immediately after registering for the 7.5 PTS. 

Was well over a year ago I applied.  Lucky you!

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

When I signed up back in version 0.5? it was bing bang.  No waiting.

I do use a different user name: iDuckman_tester, if that makes any difference.

Yeah I was able to sign up with a different account, but I saw some talking about rewards to your main account for playing on the public test. How does it link accounts?

[QNA]
Members
95 posts
4,898 battles

Yeah I was able to sign up with a different account, but I saw some talking about rewards to your main account for playing on the public test. How does it link accounts?

You must use the same email address to register for the PTS as you use for your main game account - that's the link.  Not sure how you signed up with a different email, but I'm guessing you'll see zero rewards if you were able to.

Edited by Skyhooker

[WOLF9]
Members
8,823 posts
4,180 battles
3 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

No, you have to use the same account or it won't get the rewards.  User name can be different.  Your account is identified by email address.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,746 battles
18 hours ago, Skyhooker said:

I was trying to advance from T9, when I noticed that the research XP cost was HALF A MILLION XP!  I checked every class in every nation, and the cost is the same.  Do you suppose this is a mistake, a bad joke, or a giant F.U.?

It's intentional because they're introducing a competitive event and they want to test out the token system & not have you bypass it.  Last patch, they handed out coal or steel like there was no tomorrow to test that feature also.