Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Please change this one thing about Kronshtadt

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

30,413
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,065 posts
17,101 battles

Her gun sounds are so weedy. "Pft." Really? That's the sound I expect from 5" destroyer guns. Can we get some actual cracking boom going on, with these high velocity 12" shells? I've heard mice farting louder than the guns on Kronshtadt.

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,439
[TBW]
Members
9,522 posts
16,243 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Her gun sounds are so weedy. "Pft." Really? Can we get some actual cracking boom going on, with these high velocity 12" shells?

kind of like the fireworks my nephew in law moistened with the hose yesterday. They went "Pft" instead of bang.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,623
[O-PN]
Members
9,110 posts
10,453 battles

Yeah, I'm really underwhelmed at the sound of her 12 inch rail guns. Feels like I'm listening to Kolberg sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
828 posts
6,368 battles
41 minutes ago, Lert said:

Her gun sounds are so weedy. "Pft." Really? That's the sound I expect from 5" destroyer guns. Can we get some actual cracking boom going on, with these high velocity 12" shells? I've heard mice farting louder than the guns on Kronshtadt.

yeah, even though the USN BB sounds are terrible, i would be ok with that sound too...still better than the current sound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
224
[DERP]
Beta Testers
441 posts
3,760 battles

Comrades, you to be worrying over nothings!  Is sekrit glorious Soviet silencer to beings on guns of Kronstadt; to better beings able to remain maskirovka and pew-pew capitalist/imperialist/colonialist/fascist pig-dogs to bottoms of ocean!  also good to be liquidating occasional Trotsky types for to beings disloyal.....

 

*humor aside; yes, the sounds do need some buff in reality*

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,596
[_-_]
Members
3,135 posts
8,204 battles
42 minutes ago, von_Krimm said:

Comrades, you to be worrying over nothings!  Is sekrit glorious Soviet silencer to beings on guns of Kronstadt; to better beings able to remain maskirovka and pew-pew capitalist/imperialist/colonialist/fascist pig-dogs to bottoms of ocean!  also good to be liquidating occasional Trotsky types for to beings disloyal.....

 

*humor aside; yes, the sounds do need some buff in reality*

 

Gulag.jpg

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
669
[5D]
Members
930 posts
12,066 battles

Comrade you need to drink more vodka and the sound will be good , anyone who doubt about stalinium ship goes to the gulags

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,292
[VCRUZ]
Members
4,045 posts
9,180 battles
3 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Yeah, I'm really underwhelmed at the sound of her 12 inch rail guns. Feels like I'm listening to Kolberg sometimes.

Maybe we should call "fail guns"? :Smile-_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,623
[O-PN]
Members
9,110 posts
10,453 battles
6 minutes ago, Xlap said:

Maybe we should call "fail guns"? :Smile-_tongue:

I have no issues with them. Aim, click, blap. Rinse, repeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,292
[VCRUZ]
Members
4,045 posts
9,180 battles
11 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I have no issues with them. Aim, click, blap. Rinse, repeat.

Just kidding, guns are fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
623
[REVY]
Members
1,952 posts
11,125 battles
19 hours ago, Lert said:

 I've heard mice farting louder than the guns on Kronshtadt.

things I never wanted to know about LWM

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,066
[0456]
Members
3,347 posts
9,066 battles
On 7/5/2018 at 5:06 PM, Lert said:

Her gun sounds are so weedy. "Pft." Really? That's the sound I expect from 5" destroyer guns. Can we get some actual cracking boom going on, with these high velocity 12" shells? I've heard mice farting louder than the guns on Kronshtadt.

They can even leave the dispersion the way it is if they make the rifles sound godly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,551
[WOLF2]
Members
4,982 posts
18,414 battles
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:06 PM, Lert said:

Her gun sounds are so weedy. "Pft." Really? That's the sound I expect from 5" destroyer guns. Can we get some actual cracking boom going on, with these high velocity 12" shells? I've heard mice farting louder than the guns on Kronshtadt.

This may sound totally crazy and maybe too radical - turn up the volume on your headset?

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30,413
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,065 posts
17,101 battles
9 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

This may sound totally crazy and maybe too radical - turn up the volume on your headset?

eFXtoXZ.gif

And have my ears blown out by guns that do have sounds befitting their size and power. Right. Did you actually think about what you wrote before writing it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,551
[WOLF2]
Members
4,982 posts
18,414 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

eFXtoXZ.gif

And have my ears blown out by guns that do have sounds befitting their size and power. Right. Did you actually think about what you wrote before writing it?

yeah, see I have this little turnstyle wheel on my headphones that lets me adjust for sound … you can do it for every game, even when you switch ships.

 I knew it was too much for you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30,413
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,065 posts
17,101 battles
5 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

yeah, see I have this little turnstyle wheel on my headphones that lets me adjust for sound … you can do it for every game, even when you switch ships.

 I knew it was too much for you :)

Or, here's a novel idea you've probably not considered yet ... Wargaming could make 12" high velocity guns not have literally the same firing sound as 105mm secondaries. But I guess things like appropriate sound design in a game is too far beyond you. Since you seem to believe this is all to do just with volume, clearly this entire subject hasn't quite percolated properly into your head just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,551
[WOLF2]
Members
4,982 posts
18,414 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Or, here's a novel idea you've probably not considered yet ... Wargaming could make 12" high velocity guns not have literally the same firing sound as 105mm secondaries. But I guess things like appropriate sound design in a game is too far beyond you.

I'm sorry, considering that you started a whole thread about it and after 17 replies with no answer, I just thought somebody should try to help you out.

Considering the urgency and gravity of the problem, I thought a quick fix was imperative!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×