You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Please change this one thing about Kronshtadt

20 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
20,523 posts
13,924 battles

Her gun sounds are so weedy. "Pft." Really? That's the sound I expect from 5" destroyer guns. Can we get some actual cracking boom going on, with these high velocity 12" shells? I've heard mice farting louder than the guns on Kronshtadt.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 7

[TBW]
Members
7,405 posts
13,567 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Her gun sounds are so weedy. "Pft." Really? Can we get some actual cracking boom going on, with these high velocity 12" shells?

kind of like the fireworks my nephew in law moistened with the hose yesterday. They went "Pft" instead of bang.

[SQUAD]
Members
8,017 posts
8,371 battles

Yeah, I'm really underwhelmed at the sound of her 12 inch rail guns. Feels like I'm listening to Kolberg sometimes.

Members
828 posts
6,363 battles
41 minutes ago, Lert said:

Her gun sounds are so weedy. "Pft." Really? That's the sound I expect from 5" destroyer guns. Can we get some actual cracking boom going on, with these high velocity 12" shells? I've heard mice farting louder than the guns on Kronshtadt.

yeah, even though the USN BB sounds are terrible, i would be ok with that sound too...still better than the current sound

[DERP]
Beta Testers
434 posts
2,435 battles

Comrades, you to be worrying over nothings!  Is sekrit glorious Soviet silencer to beings on guns of Kronstadt; to better beings able to remain maskirovka and pew-pew capitalist/imperialist/colonialist/fascist pig-dogs to bottoms of ocean!  also good to be liquidating occasional Trotsky types for to beings disloyal.....

*humor aside; yes, the sounds do need some buff in reality*

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[_-_]
Members
1,746 posts
42 minutes ago, von_Krimm said:

Comrades, you to be worrying over nothings!  Is sekrit glorious Soviet silencer to beings on guns of Kronstadt; to better beings able to remain maskirovka and pew-pew capitalist/imperialist/colonialist/fascist pig-dogs to bottoms of ocean!  also good to be liquidating occasional Trotsky types for to beings disloyal.....

*humor aside; yes, the sounds do need some buff in reality*

Gulag.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DENY]
Members
656 posts
6,917 battles

Comrade you need to drink more vodka and the sound will be good , anyone who doubt about stalinium ship goes to the gulags

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles
3 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Yeah, I'm really underwhelmed at the sound of her 12 inch rail guns. Feels like I'm listening to Kolberg sometimes.

Maybe we should call "fail guns"? :Smile-_tongue:

[SQUAD]
Members
8,017 posts
8,371 battles
6 minutes ago, Xlap said:

Maybe we should call "fail guns"? :Smile-_tongue:

I have no issues with them. Aim, click, blap. Rinse, repeat.

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles
11 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I have no issues with them. Aim, click, blap. Rinse, repeat.

Just kidding, guns are fine.

[REVY]
Members
1,208 posts
8,746 battles
19 hours ago, Lert said:

I've heard mice farting louder than the guns on Kronshtadt.

things I never wanted to know about LWM

• Funny 3

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
On 7/5/2018 at 5:06 PM, Lert said:

They can even leave the dispersion the way it is if they make the rifles sound godly.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,065 posts
14,805 battles
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:06 PM, Lert said:

This may sound totally crazy and maybe too radical - turn up the volume on your headset?

Edited by Commander_367

[HINON]
Supertester
20,523 posts
13,924 battles
9 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

This may sound totally crazy and maybe too radical - turn up the volume on your headset?

eFXtoXZ.gif

And have my ears blown out by guns that do have sounds befitting their size and power. Right. Did you actually think about what you wrote before writing it?

[WOLF2]
Members
3,065 posts
14,805 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

eFXtoXZ.gif

And have my ears blown out by guns that do have sounds befitting their size and power. Right. Did you actually think about what you wrote before writing it?

yeah, see I have this little turnstyle wheel on my headphones that lets me adjust for sound … you can do it for every game, even when you switch ships.

I knew it was too much for you :)

[HINON]
Supertester
20,523 posts
13,924 battles
5 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

yeah, see I have this little turnstyle wheel on my headphones that lets me adjust for sound … you can do it for every game, even when you switch ships.

I knew it was too much for you :)

Or, here's a novel idea you've probably not considered yet ... Wargaming could make 12" high velocity guns not have literally the same firing sound as 105mm secondaries. But I guess things like appropriate sound design in a game is too far beyond you. Since you seem to believe this is all to do just with volume, clearly this entire subject hasn't quite percolated properly into your head just yet.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,065 posts
14,805 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Or, here's a novel idea you've probably not considered yet ... Wargaming could make 12" high velocity guns not have literally the same firing sound as 105mm secondaries. But I guess things like appropriate sound design in a game is too far beyond you.

I'm sorry, considering that you started a whole thread about it and after 17 replies with no answer, I just thought somebody should try to help you out.

Considering the urgency and gravity of the problem, I thought a quick fix was imperative!