You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Yuukai2

High Tier German BBs... How?

12 comments in this topic

[ALPHA]
Members
7 posts
2,871 battles

I used to be alright at Bismarck... FDG was a rough start but she got tolerable once I learned how to play her. Then GK... Of all the games I've played in her (which isn't many, but enough to get a feel for the play style)... I have done over 100k only 1 time. I have not a clue how... But I have had multiple games in a row ~30k. I lose half my health to cruisers while the GK next to me gets 3 kills in 5 minutes. Any advice appreciated.

Members
2,052 posts
509 battles

this... do THIS every time...

N5DxPLh.jpg

Oh and I think you might have run up the line WAY TOO FAST.... you should really get a better feel for BBs instead of going right up to tier ten... your WR will only suffer more and more, and you will get more frustrated at it...
Stay at tier 4 for the protection from bad MM and get all the feel you can for the game and the mechanics...
just sayin, you need work..

and 35% is not ALRIGHT, especially in a Biz////
I think you should go down and learn a bit more..

just tryin to help

tiering up as fast as you did will only make you hate playing if you think you can and should do better than you are...
trust me, and I think a few people will agree that you should have not goine up that fast...

tier 4 is a great place to hang around to learn the game... and tier 6 I think is the sweet spot to hang at once you DO learn ...

Edited by neptunes_wrath

[CFNB]
Members
88 posts
17,669 battles
12 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

this... do THIS every time...

N5DxPLh.jpg

Oh and I think you might have run up the line WAY TOO FAST.... you should really get a better feel for BBs instead of going right up to tier ten... your WR will only suffer more and more, and you will get more frustrated at it...
Stay at tier 4 for the protection from bad MM and get all the feel you can for the game and the mechanics...
just sayin, you need work..

and 35% is not ALRIGHT, especially in a Biz////
I think you should go down and learn a bit more..

just tryin to help

tiering up as fast as you did will only make you hate playing if you think you can and should do better than you are...
trust me, and I think a few people will agree that you should have not goine up that fast...

tier 4 is a great place to hang around to learn the game... and tier 6 I think is the sweet spot to hang at once you DO learn ...

Damn, nice play....

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,582 posts
15,896 battles
22 minutes ago, Yuukai2 said:

Any advice appreciated.

Play like that guy next to you.

[ALPHA]
Members
7 posts
2,871 battles

Oh yes, I'm aware that my win rate is not alright at all... And I do try to play her correctly, it just seems like I'm taking way too much damage even when angled...

[ALPHA]
Members
7 posts
2,871 battles
25 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

and I think you might have run up the line WAY TOO FAST....

I went from Nassau to Gneisenau in 24 hours... So yes, the German play style never really sunk in... Although I did many times... And yes, I'm aware that my win rate is not alright at all... And I do try to play her correctly, it just seems like I'm taking way too much damage even when angled...

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

HE spam, German boats hate it. The Bizmarck is forgiving because it's fast and turns well. Also I'm going to guess you are not running a high point captain, also guessing you don't have a 19 pt captain in any boat to build up a captain. From T8 up, high point captains are in those boats, they make a difference. 

[DENY]
Members
653 posts
6,865 battles

Easiest way to get a 19 pointer is to move the cap from t1 to t10, by the time you reach the end your capt is around 17-18

Members
1,592 posts
4,360 battles

PMG...er...Neptune has a good point.  I'm a mediocre BB player and absolute trash in Bismarck (by my own standards)...but, my WR is still 50%.  I know she's a good boat...I just don't like her broken optics and drunken gunnery officer.  The toughest thing is figuring out when to commit.  If you can, you're better off getting out on a flank - it cuts down on the number of guns and angles - be methodical, leave yourself an out or cover if you can.  You want to get in close and EVERYONE knows it...and know one wants to be there where your guns will connect with regularity.  At least with the GK you get 12 tubes...enough to extent the pain you inflict comfortably to mid-range based on sheer volume.  

ETA: I was so $hit with Bismarck I didn't even buy FDG...I knew I couldn't handle it.

Edited by Mahrs

[ALPHA]
Members
7 posts
2,871 battles

Yeah my captain is 17 points but I definitely need to re-spec him... I think I'll drop BFT and manual secondaries in favor of fire prevention and basics of survivability. (btw My original post was a childish rage moment after being burned down 5 minutes into the battle XD) Now that I am calm and collected I think I'll give GK another try.