Sign in to follow this  
Amenhir

This game does not work with a mechanical hdd.

5 comments in this topic

[DPG]
Members
1,315 posts
5,710 battles

I have the main game installed on an ssd.  However, to conserve space I installed the PT server on a mechanical hdd.  The game will suddenly freeze for several seconds until the hdd can catch up.  I thought it might be server lag but it does not occur with the live server.  I have run tests on my hdd to see if I was having read and write issues, however, everything checks out.  

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
808 posts
8,071 battles

I have 3 SSD's in a RAID 0 config and WoWs is installed on it. When they first introduced the high definition sounds, my rig would hesitate occasionally when a new sound was loaded.

It's up to the devs to streamline their code to make it work more smoothly....

[SQUAD]
Members
8,017 posts
8,371 battles

I have the game on HDD's on 2 comps, plus on comps I built for other people. The game runs just fine on a HDD. On this comp, it's on a SSD, but that's really only because it's a really big SSD.

[LOU1]
Members
3,560 posts
9,429 battles

All of the drives in my devices are mechanical, except for my Surface.  They all work fine.

I would submit a ticket to support so they can look into it.  Might be some combination of brands/speeds/interfaces/board.

[TBW]
Members
7,397 posts
13,567 battles
48 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

I have the main game installed on an ssd.  However, to conserve space I installed the PT server on a mechanical hdd.  The game will suddenly freeze for several seconds until the hdd can catch up.  I thought it might be server lag but it does not occur with the live server.  I have run tests on my hdd to see if I was having read and write issues, however, everything checks out.  

It's the test server, I was having the same issue but PT is on SSD.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Sign in to follow this