You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Prof_Fate

Mikasa

29 comments in this topic

[TBB]
Beta Testers
171 posts
8,035 battles

Is Mikasa Japanese for 'why bother'?

Blew the dust off this once fun bad-boy and was dismayed to see it now being paired with t3 BBs.  Farewell Mikasa, I knew ye well. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,007 posts
6,255 battles

Tier II, she is a joke ship. Don't want her, don't player her, sell her. Or were you expecting Mikasa to fight Iowa?

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,094 posts
11,071 battles

I have only played her in co-op since the first two battles in Random ( Got her when she was first available ; a mission iirc ) . There is something just relaxing about it after a day of grinding to go into battle (co-op) and drive straight into the bots and watch all those secondary's blazing away on both sides .  Lol , I have a 46% main battery hit ratio with her (co-op) and I do not shoot at just close range . Shows I have become real familiar with her I guess .

:Smile_honoring:  

• Cool 2

[HYDRO]
Members
2,783 posts
4,566 battles
Just now, Vangm94 said:

Tier II, she is a joke ship. Don't want her, don't player her, sell her. Or were you expecting Mikasa to fight Iowa?

Thats what Katori did :Smile_teethhappy:.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,007 posts
6,255 battles
9 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Thats what Katori did :Smile_teethhappy:.

Yep. Mikasa is just the type of ship where you set up her way points and then get some food and see how long you survive.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
5,795 posts
20,980 battles

Historic value and a first class port queen. It had a reason why WG didn't sell her for quite a time.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,495 posts
14,611 battles

There is only one reason to take Mikasa into battle.  SECONDARIES!!!  Granted, it can take ten minutes to get in range, even on those small maps...but that's the price of driving a T2 BB.  

But hey, WG had to nerf it like crazy.  After all, you don't get much closer to seal clubbing than at T2.  And only veterans are going to buy in.  Gotta nerf it a lot...so that when a veteran puts a 19 point captain on it and flags it up...it might be able to hold its own.  it's not meant to be a serious contender.  I take it out now and then just for the fun of what it can do.  And hey...sometimes that wonky main gun dispersion...that shoots off in all sorts of directions...sometimes...rarely...but sometimes...it connects.  Cit a poor seal with a gun that misses 90% of the time.  It almost makes you feel sorry for getting lucky.

But beware....other seal clubbing veterans lurk at T2...and they often drive the true seal clubbing machines....DDs!!!!!   That's the one ship that, when captained by a veteran, can often own a Mikasa.  Sure, you got those secondaries...but despite all the noise they make, they are a long term attrition weapon and can't save you from a veteran DD player.    

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,367 posts
3,895 battles

She's a ship that only really shines in co-op.

To work in PVP she'd need a substantial secondary buff to accuracy and most importantly range.

• Cool 1

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
545 posts
12,388 battles
46 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Historic value and a first class port queen. It had a reason why WG didn't sell her for quite a time.

Did they sell it??? ROFL

Can´t belive somone paying for it. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,118 posts
6,607 battles
5 minutes ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

Did they sell it??? ROFL

Can´t belive somone paying for it. 

I did, but it was cheap and historic, and I was fully aware of the downsides going in.

Hopefully one day in future she'll be enabled to take Aiming Systems Mod Zero, and then we will see something really exciting.

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
545 posts
12,388 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I did, but it was cheap and historic, and I was fully aware of the downsides going in.

Hopefully one day in future she'll be enabled to take Aiming Systems Mod Zero, and then we will see something really exciting.

Did not ment to bugger...

Fun ship only in Co-Op. Those guns accuracy is awful

[LHG]
Members
2,079 posts
5,728 battles

Really not sure what the rest of you are complaining about.  I couldn't wait to buy her, have never played her in Co-Op always in Random, never run her with better than a 5 pt commander nor do I waste any flags or premium consumables on her and end up winning 63% of my games with her.  

She looks awesome, is a challenge to play, but pretty rewarding when you get it right.  

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

[LHG]
Members
2,079 posts
5,728 battles
1 minute ago, Prof_Fate said:

Wasn't this ship originally a T2 CA?  Or was I dreaming? 

You were dreaming.  

[WHB]
Beta Testers
274 posts
3,347 battles

I take her out in PvP every once in a great while. I quite enjoy the old gun gal.

[ARGSY]
5,795 posts
20,980 battles
6 minutes ago, Prof_Fate said:

Wasn't this ship originally a T2 CA?  Or was I dreaming? 

Never. She was the only T2 BB.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,184 posts
10,885 battles
1 hour ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

I have only played her in co-op since the first two battles in Random ( Got her when she was first available ; a mission iirc ) . There is something just relaxing about it after a day of grinding to go into battle (co-op) and drive straight into the bots and watch all those secondary's blazing away on both sides .  Lol , I have a 46% main battery hit ratio with her (co-op) and I do not shoot at just close range . Shows I have become real familiar with her I guess .

:Smile_honoring:  

It is like having a St Louis welded to each side and always brings a smile to my face when I can pull that off.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
352 posts
17,807 battles

I take my Mikasa into a random game now and then. I use a commander with AFT, mount a secondary flag and do my best to get within 3.8 km of enemy ships without getting torped. Speed is terrible, gun angles are terrible, gun accuracy is terrible but none of that matters. Every CQE achievement I get with this ship makes it all worthwhile. And the one kraken I've gotten in it is dear to my heart.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,007 posts
6,255 battles
56 minutes ago, Rumple010 said:

I take my Mikasa into a random game now and then. I use a commander with AFT, mount a secondary flag and do my best to get within 3.8 km of enemy ships without getting torped. Speed is terrible, gun angles are terrible, gun accuracy is terrible but none of that matters. Every CQE achievement I get with this ship makes it all worthwhile. And the one kraken I've gotten in it is dear to my heart.

Set her way points and then cook some food while she fights.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,307 posts
20,135 battles
2 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

Set her way points and then cook some food while she fights.

LOL When I am dealing with connection issues or crashes with this game, once I get back online I always test everything out using my Mikasa in co-op. I find she does just as good on her own as she does with me at the helm... She is an independent boat! 

[USN50]
Members
72 posts
4,400 battles
6 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

yes i expect all my T2 ships to keep up with T9 ships. makes sense

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,184 posts
10,885 battles
1 hour ago, Kerabatsos said:

yes i expect all my T2 ships to keep up with T9 ships. makes sense

She is slow even by tier 2 standards but I love her.