Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RustyOldFart

Not sure if I did this right for my Zuiho Captain

21 comments in this topic

Members
3,783 posts

Not sure if I did this right.  But if worse comes to worse I can always respec again.  Thankfully I can get plenty of elite xp too easy to do.  I am actually having quite a bit of fun learning this though.

shot-18.07.05_10.40.44-0830.jpg

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,007 posts
6,255 battles

Better, though I would get CE depending on if you bring that CO up. Also try to keep it to one thread.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,007 posts
6,255 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper said:

Erm, no.

For your first 10 points on a CV captain, you should get Air Supremacy.

ET, AS, CE. Go for any of them.

Members
13 posts
2,292 battles

Basic firing training is kind of useless for a CV and it should be a skill you get if you want after you get anything else. You should get rid of BFT, and get air supremacy next. Get rid of evasive maneuvers and get dogfighting expert instead. Evasive maneuvers is a bad skill because it slows your aircraft down by like 30%, which means that it takes longer to reload and refuel your aircraft, therefore lowering your potential DPM. Finally get concealment expert, because carriers get larger at higher tiers and so does their detectability ranges, so you will need it. Every commander skill you get should focus on the performance of your aircraft, not your ship AA or secondaries. If you're using secondaries on your CV, something is seriously wrong.

You should rely on your fighters, not your AA.

Edited by Nemo_Veritas

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,007 posts
6,255 battles
3 minutes ago, Nemo_Veritas said:

Basic firing training is kind of useless for a CV and it should be a skill you get if you want after you get anything else. You should get rid of BFT, and get air supremacy next. Get rid of evasive maneuvers and get dogfighting expert instead. Evasive maneuvers is a bad skill because it slows your aircraft down by like 30%, which means that it takes longer to reload and refuel your aircraft, therefore lowering your potential DPM. Finally get concealment expert, because carriers get larger at higher tiers and so does their detectability ranges, so you will need it. Every commander skill you get should focus on the performance of your aircraft, not your ship AA or secondaries. If you're using secondaries on your CV, something is seriously wrong.

You should rely on your fighters, not your AA.

You rely on everything and not just one thing. Everything works in conjunction with each other.

Members
3,783 posts

With the Torpedo Acceleration added in I've been noticing the simple fact that they are quite a bit faster.  The ship almost doesnt have enough time to turn away even droping them with out the manual drop at tier 5.  With the BFT I can always respec again.  CVs are trial and error for me.  Huge Huge learning curve.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,007 posts
6,255 battles
3 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

With the Torpedo Acceleration added in I've been noticing the simple fact that they are quite a bit faster.  The ship almost doesnt have enough time to turn away even droping them with out the manual drop at tier 5.  With the BFT I can always respec again.  CVs are trial and error for me.  Huge Huge learning curve.

With how I play Ryujo, I use everything. I got skills for my ship, skills for my torpedo bombers, and skills for my fighters. With how I play, I scout, I shadow, I move, I attack, I rearm, I cap, I fight. For me, speed and intel is everything. Faster you move, faster you rearm, faster you attack. More you scout and shadow the enemy, the more you see where is safe to go and likelyhood of your team surviving goes up (assuming they look at the minimap). The best place to hide is where the enemy was because the general assumption is that CVs stay's near their spawn. One skill you can learn immediately for bombers is adjusting their direction of attack. Learning this can help you learn how to manual drop easier.

From where the bombers are attacking, click on the ring and turn it any way you want.

Members
13 posts
2,292 battles

duVgGhO.png

This is the basic build for all CVs. The skills circled in red are the ones you should get, I just don't have enough points for them.

As you can see, every skill expect CE is focused on your aircraft's performance. Your aircraft are the most important thing while playing a CV, because they determine the damage you do, whether or not you have air supremacy over the enemy CV, and they also have the extremely important role of spotting. Improve your aircraft, not your AA or secondaries. You use your aircraft a lot more than you do your ship, right? Of course. Concealment expert is just thrown in their because people want you very badly and will shoot at you if they see you, so it's always nice to have. There's nothing else you can get anyways.

Best of luck.

Members
3,783 posts

The only real reason I'm even playing CVs is in co op.  Experimenting.  It also gives me a break from the daily grind in the random battle matches.

Members
22,279 posts
5,775 battles
12 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

The only real reason I'm even playing CVs is in co op.  Experimenting.  It also gives me a break from the daily grind in the random battle matches.

It's good to have one for missions where plane kills are required. In the lower tiers, even playing worse than the enemy will rack them up fairly quickly.

I use them for torp missions too. 

[ARP2]
Members
1,360 posts
3,637 battles
33 minutes ago, Nemo_Veritas said:

duVgGhO.png

This is the basic build for all CVs. The skills circled in red are the ones you should get, I just don't have enough points for them.

As you can see, every skill expect CE is focused on your aircraft's performance. Your aircraft are the most important thing while playing a CV, because they determine the damage you do, whether or not you have air supremacy over the enemy CV, and they also have the extremely important role of spotting. Improve your aircraft, not your AA or secondaries. You use your aircraft a lot more than you do your ship, right? Of course. Concealment expert is just thrown in their because people want you very badly and will shoot at you if they see you, so it's always nice to have. There's nothing else you can get anyways.

Best of luck.

Since this is strictly for Co-Op, I completely agree with everything this man has said. If you decide to take it into PVP, there are a lot of ifs in this quote.

Also, never take advice from anybody who thinks fiery take off or evasive maneuvers are useful skills.

Edited by Hatework

Members
3,783 posts

I think thats actually what I was trying to copy off of an old forum post that I was researching on IJN CV captain skill points.  So yea I probably messed up mine but no biggy I can easily change it.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,007 posts
6,255 battles
9 minutes ago, Hatework said:

Since this is strictly for Co-Op, I completely agree with everything this man has said. If you decide to take it into PVP, there are a lot of ifs in this quote.

Also, never take advice from anybody who thinks fiery take off or evasive maneuvers are useful skills.

I never use EM and I advise against ET (except for myself) because no other CV will play like me. PVE-wise those skills from that picture will do. I just find more fun in PVP because human players are easier to predict and I enjoy a challenge.

I have got to be the only CV player who uses LS and has 27 Secondary Kills. Am I gloating? Yes because that is a feat that I am proud of.

Edited by Vangm94

Members
3,783 posts

Okay guys so this is what I did for the rework since I only had a 10 point captain.  The weekend pass was on sale so I just grabbed that for 4 bucks got 500 doubloons and re speced.  So here is the re work.

shot-18.07.05_11.58.58-0611.jpg

• Cool 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,007 posts
6,255 battles
2 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Okay guys so this is what I did for the rework since I only had a 10 point captain.  The weekend pass was on sale so I just grabbed that for 4 bucks got 500 doubloons and re speced.  So here is the re work.

It will do for PVE.

• Cool 1

Members
13 posts
2,292 battles
1 minute ago, torpsRus said:

After those basic skills, take dog fighting expert and then concealment expert and expert rear gunner, and you should be good. Until they rework CVs, these are the only useful skills right now for CVs, everything else is useless. Emergency takeoff just costs too many skill points to be useful.

Sign in to follow this