Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Massachusetts and channeling Dseehafer

8 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles

The Gremlin on the USS Massachusetts is in the wrong place. It is supposed to to be on the Starboard side of Turret 2, in game I believe it is on the port side of turret one. Please fix this inaccuracy when you can.

Hopefully I have honored Dseehafer with my attention to detail on this ship. 

• Cool 12

Alpha Tester
2,232 posts

Camo is also wrong. The Measure 32 drawing exists, but it was never applied to Massachusetts or any other ship of her class. I know alot of players prefer dazzle patterns, but I hope they bring back the Measure 22 scheme as an alternate camo.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
1 hour ago, Wolcott said:

Camo is also wrong. The Measure 32 drawing exists, but it was never applied to Massachusetts or any other ship of her class. I know alot of players prefer dazzle patterns, but I hope they bring back the Measure 22 scheme as an alternate camo.

I am going to have to dig out the book I bought while touring the Massachusetts and look at the cammo schemes she wore during the war.

Modder
145 posts
6,972 battles
8 hours ago, Belthorian said:

The Gremlin on the USS Massachusetts is in the wrong place. It is supposed to to be on the Starboard side of Turret 2, in game I believe it is on the port side of turret one. Please fix this inaccuracy when you can.

Hopefully I have honored Dseehafer with my attention to detail on this ship. 

In fact, it was on the starboard side of Turret 1 during the war, then painted over while the ship was mothballed.  After the ship became a museum, it was repainted on Turret 2.

The last time I visited the ship a couple of years ago, they had recently removed some of the many layers of paint and discovered the original gremlin on Turret 1.

• Cool 1

Modder
145 posts
6,972 battles

This took a surprisingly-long time of Googling, but eventually I found it.  The original gremlin, uncovered:

9195504933_5b396b9e50_k.jpg

So technically either version is correct: Turret 1 for active-duty, WWII, and Turret 2 for 1960s+ museum ship.  But either way, it should be on the starboard side, not the port.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
12 hours ago, TheElusiveDenby said:

This took a surprisingly-long time of Googling, but eventually I found it.  The original gremlin, uncovered:

9195504933_5b396b9e50_k.jpg

So technically either version is correct: Turret 1 for active-duty, WWII, and Turret 2 for 1960s+ museum ship.  But either way, it should be on the starboard side, not the port.

Thank you for the history lesson sir, I just remembered the Gremlin from when I visited the Massachusetts and I thought that was where she was during WW2. Now I am going to start sending letters to the Museum and asking them to put it back where it is supposed to be heheheheheh

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,232 posts
23 hours ago, Belthorian said:

I am going to have to dig out the book I bought while touring the Massachusetts and look at the cammo schemes she wore during the war.

Mamie was painted in Measure 12 modified when she first entered service.

015928.jpg

The Naval Legends video also shows her wearing the same camo at Casablanca (skip to 6:30). If it's any camo WG should have given her, it's this one.

Sign in to follow this