You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Huanghe

The unintended consequence of Alpha and Bravo Clan Teams.

16 comments in this topic

[THICC]
Members
68 posts
166 battles

Disclaimer: I only have tier 6 and cant participate in clan battles, but here is something interesting that no one is talking about. 

1. Alpha and bravo teams make no sense, here is why: The premise of having an alpha and bravo team seems to be the fix that WG wanted to allow more people to participate within clans in the clan battles season, but that problem with this is that the various bravo teams can fight Alpha teams. In the various clan battles twitch streams I have been watching about people playing clan battles, you can see if they want to fool around and play bravo (and eventually train it up to say, typhoon) and they have their main team typhoon. They can use the bravo team to take points off of the other clans' points without affecting their own. Say if somehow I was like a member of a great clan, and I am sitting at number 4 in the hurricane league with both my Alpha and bravo team in hurricane, I can then spam the Bravo team in an attempt to take points away from those in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd spots without having any risk at all to my own team's standing. 

This is a concern of mine because people here seem to find a huge issue with a few clans moving people around the first season (not naming names, lots of clans did stuff) and now it seems like WG implemented a system that makes every single clan have a built in clubbing clan to take points for other clans. This system also makes it harder for those just starting to push leagues with their main clan when a good team is running their bravo (That starts in squall) and just murders their way up the food chain. 

What can we expect to be done about this (probably nothing this season, but for next season)? 

Edited by Huanghe

[CRMSN]
Members
68 posts
12,775 battles

Clans were gaming the system to remove opponent clans points and standings even when this feature wasn't around.  At least the rest of the clans now have a training environment so they can get some real experience with clan wars.

Before this, competitive clans would restrict CW to just their best players, but now, our clans can still move up in the ranks, even if we want to throw a few matches in Bravo by fielding all Memotaurs. 

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
769 posts
6,457 battles
6 minutes ago, SFM_Hobb3s said:

throw a few matches in Bravo by fielding all Memotaurs. 

Better yet, a full team with rented Shimas ;)

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

I know there is room for abuse, but if you aren't in a top tier clan will the abuse affect you at all? Aside from the part top tier clans push their Bravo team up? I believe WG did this altruistically, hoping it would help clans maintain their progress while giving other members a shot at playing CW. Yes I think there is potential for abuse, but overall it really helps get more people playing CW.

[MIA-P]
Members
2,164 posts
10,799 battles
10 minutes ago, SFM_Hobb3s said:

Clans were gaming the system to remove opponent clans points and standings even when this feature wasn't around.  At least the rest of the clans now have a training environment so they can get some real experience with clan wars.

Before this, competitive clans would restrict CW to just their best players, but now, our clans can still move up in the ranks, even if we want to throw a few matches in Bravo by fielding all Memotaurs. 

Or all Shima (so many torpedoes)!  

But really, Bravo is there for when you don't have all your really good Alpha guys on deck and still want to play and get the other folks in the clan their steel or keep playing that night without potentially squandering the gains the Alpha group has made in their push.  Could it knock other teams down? I suppose so, but I doubt many teams will exploit this vs just using it to benefit more clan members.

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,783 posts
7,156 battles

Why does it matter which opponent you’re facing? If you lose a bunch in bravo you have to bring it back up to continue the leech tactic while your opponent is actively gaining point leads.

Edited by Compassghost

[WOLF2]
Members
3,076 posts
14,806 battles

Danger? …  You said "Grave" …  I said "grave danger?" … Colonel Jessup: "Is there any other kind" 

Nothing like the Marines to clarify the meaning of the word "grave" :)

Maybe your "issue" isn't really an issue?

[SQUAD]
Members
8,034 posts
8,371 battles
53 minutes ago, SFM_Hobb3s said:

We did an almost all Khaba team the first night, it was hilarious.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,379 posts
10,928 battles
1 hour ago, SFM_Hobb3s said:

All Minotaur's would make for a completely new definition of Rain of Shells.

Doing some stupid all one ship match to end the night is awesome fun.

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

I think the majority of the clans are happy to get 7 boats in the water, and the top teams, if they have 14 players that are ready, 2 teams let's more play. 

[KRAB]
Members
771 posts
7,232 battles

The bravo squads should probably be in a separate MM pool if there are enough of them. 

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,102 posts
11,093 battles
1 hour ago, Bronco said:

Better yet, a full team with rented Shimas ;)

Ran into that on Sunday ! lol

:Smile_honoring:

[B2P]
Beta Testers
145 posts
8,225 battles

We've been using Bravo since day 1 of CB start due to too many of our core team being away with family due to the July 4th holiday. So it is a welcoming feature that at least provides an alternative to help with ship lineup testing/training members, or just derp around in meme lineups for just some fun.