TheRhino59

Ship XP on Premium Ships

11 comments in this topic

[M-T-B]
Members
10 posts
2,809 battles

Trying to use Ship XP to buy next tier ship, The ship XP is a premium ship of Tier VII and trying to purchase Tier VIII, have all previous tiers.Why can I not use the XP from Premium Tier VII to buy next in line Tier VIII ship?

Thanks for the help

Edited by TheRhino59

[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles
30 minutes ago, TheRhino59 said:

Trying to use Ship XP to buy next tier ship, The ship XP is a premium ship of Tier VII and trying to purchase Tier VIII, have all previous tiers.Why can I not use the XP from Premium Tier VII to buy next in line Tier VIII ship?

Thanks for the help

Premium ships are no different than others as far as ship XP is concerned. It is always counted as elite (convertible) XP. You can use doubloons to convert it but cannot use it for free.

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,120 posts
4,191 battles

You have to convert xp on a premium ship to 'free xp' with doubloons before you can use it to research things in other ship lines

[M-T-B]
Members
10 posts
2,809 battles

Ok, I believe I need to get all the modules for the Tier VII Destroyer before I can move to Tier VIII Destroyer. The Tier VII Premium Destroyer Ship XP cannot be used to do this assuming it can only be used to go to the next Tier.

[WOLF8]
Members
375 posts
7,191 battles

Premiums aren’t part of the tech tree.  Only ships in a line on the tree can use their XP to unlock the next ship up.  Premiums aren’t part of the lines.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,555 posts
13,975 battles
23 minutes ago, TheRhino59 said:

The Tier VII Premium Destroyer Ship XP cannot be used to do this assuming it can only be used to go to the next Tier.

Premium ships are outside the tech tree and do not research the next ship up.

Any XP that you earn on a ship is tied to that ship. If the ship has nothing left to research (like in the case of elite ships or premium ships) you can use doubloons to convert the XP on that ship to free XP, which you can use to research any ship.

Read this. It's an older thread but still accurate.

[LOU1]
Members
3,561 posts
9,434 battles
33 minutes ago, TheRhino59 said:

Ok, I believe I need to get all the modules for the Tier VII Destroyer before I can move to Tier VIII Destroyer. The Tier VII Premium Destroyer Ship XP cannot be used to do this assuming it can only be used to go to the next Tier.

If it is a tech tree DD, you need to have the modules in the path to the next ship researched, they don’t need to be purchased. You follow the arrows in the module screen to know what has to be researched. Premium ships, I.e. Leningrad, are not in a line and can not unlock another ship directly.  As other posters have stated, you can convert Premium ship XP to Free xp using doubloons and then use that Free XP to unlock the ship.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[WOLF2]
Members
3,076 posts
14,806 battles
1 hour ago, TheRhino59 said:

Thanks for the help

What all these other posts are trying to say in a convoluted way is : Premium XP is useless - end of story

[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles
31 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

What all these other posts are trying to say in a convoluted way is : Premium ship XP and elite ship XP is useless unless you want to spend real money.

Fixed it.

Edited by Belyy_Klyk