You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

William Halsey

18 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,193 posts
14,334 battles

His skills don't translate to a CV in this game actually. He is best suited to a BB or CA.

I have him on Buffalo

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[5BS]
Members
6,745 posts
15 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

I don't really play CVs what type of ship would he be good on?

Assuming you don't have any other USN Special Captains? Baltimore, Buffalo, or DM; they benefit the most from having both the EM boost and the Buff/Balt VERY much benefit from the EL buff.

Failing that, any BB can always benefit from the EM boost. He is wasted on CV's and/or DD's.

Personally, I put him on the NC so that I can share him on all my Prem USN BB's (since they all more or less can have the same build) since I already have George Doe on the Balt and J Doe on the DM.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 1

Members
309 posts

Des Moines with Halsey's reload buff and AR kicking in can get down to 3s reload.

So there's that to consider.

[TBW]
Members
7,438 posts
13,600 battles

When i acquire him, I think he will be designated to the Massachusetts.

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
769 posts
6,457 battles
9 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Why designate him on a premium ship? Better off assigning him to NC/Iowa/Monty and then transfer him to the Mass when the itch arises ;)

• Cool 1

[-GPS-]
Members
2,716 posts
28,211 battles
Just now, Bronco said:

Why designate him on a premium ship? Better off assigning him to NC/Iowa/Monty and then transfer him to the Mass when the itch arises ;)

Because Massachusetts really benefits from a specialized, secondary build skill set. 

• Cool 1

Members
433 posts
1 minute ago, Bronco said:

NC/Iowa/Monty don't normally run dedicated secondary builds. If you want just BFT and AFT on Mass then it should be fine as that's also AA, but if you want IFHE or manual secondaries on Mass and it's your NC/Iowa/Monty captain you're gimping that BB.

[TBW]
Members
7,438 posts
13,600 battles
25 minutes ago, Bronco said:

John doe takes care of My Monty and therefore all other US premium BBs. He is all set for secondary build with the exception of manual secondaries, which really isn't advantageous on all other US BBs, at least to me. Massachusetts is the only real US BB that I find it would help me. I wish I forked out the cash for the special captain brothers when it was available. I didn't know they would disappear so fast and I never looked at the end date for them. So Halsey seems like a nice fit and then I will have a full secondary Captain that I can use in all of the other US Premium BBs if I want.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
6 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

I don't really play CVs what type of ship would he be good on?

I think that he's best for Battleships and Cruisers. I have him on Helena.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,620 posts
8,756 battles
57 minutes ago, Landing_Skipper said:

Because Massachusetts really benefits from a specialized, secondary build skill set. 

Bronco isn't talking about whether the Massachusetts is a suitable ship for Halsey; he's talking basic captain management: Assign him to a Tech tree ship; he can ALWAYS go into ANY premium ship thereafter, and then back to the home tech tree ship. Assign him to a premium ship first, and ANY Xfer to a tech tree ship comes with the retraining skills nerf.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,716 posts
28,211 battles
19 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Bronco isn't talking about whether the Massachusetts is a suitable ship for Halsey; he's talking basic captain management: Assign him to a Tech tree ship; he can ALWAYS go into ANY premium ship thereafter, and then back to the home tech tree ship. Assign him to a premium ship first, and ANY Xfer to a tech tree ship comes with the retraining skills nerf.

OK but the problem with Massachusetts is that she needs a captain that doesn’t fit any other USN tech tree ship. If you just have a Standard USN BB captain skill set, you completely miss the point of the Masshole.  

Steven Seagal lives on Montana but he can serve well on Missouri, Alabama, Arizona, and Texas equally well. Seagal will get transferred, probably to NC, when Halsey shows up so that Halsey can become Montana’s Skipper. 

Speaking of that, I really need to build my Elite Commander XP back up after blowing it ALL on the Massachusetts for IFHE/AFT/Manual Secondaries.

• Cool 1

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
560 posts
12,403 battles
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:38 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

His skills don't translate to a CV in this game actually. He is best suited to a BB or CA.

I have him on Buffalo

Hey congrats!  I'm still on the first two tasks on Mission 5, well done!

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
560 posts
12,403 battles
22 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

That was my plan as well, but after looking at what I needed to spend in captain points for the full secondary build, I didn't have enough points to put into Halsey's skills.  I think Halsey may go to the Missouri

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,193 posts
14,334 battles
33 minutes ago, nagasakee said:

Hey congrats!  I'm still on the first two tasks on Mission 5, well done!

Thanks. Yeah got him a while back. Took 17 days and 392 Co-op games (credits & Capt XP) to finish.

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
769 posts
6,457 battles
On 2018-07-05 at 1:10 PM, Sovereigndawg said:

John doe takes care of My Monty and therefore all other US premium BBs. He is all set for secondary build with the exception of manual secondaries, which really isn't advantageous on all other US BBs, at least to me. Massachusetts is the only real US BB that I find it would help me. I wish I forked out the cash for the special captain brothers when it was available. I didn't know they would disappear so fast and I never looked at the end date for them. So Halsey seems like a nice fit and then I will have a full secondary Captain that I can use in all of the other US Premium BBs if I want.

Belfast captains have the same dilemma. Using 3 points for DE and 4 points for IFHE makes it useless on all other RC cruisers. I see your point o7