Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

No joke that Wargaming restarted server...

11 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
8,929 posts
10,828 battles

Knew Wargaming was going to restart the server, but as somebody that had 25 ships selected as favorites multiple completed campaigns completed it has taken me about 45 minutes to get everything put  back in order since every single token on the campaigns and every page in campaign had to be reloaded and had “new item” Wargaming symbol on each one.

Oh and the game thought it would be great idea to make insist on trying to get me to watch game tutorial videos. Looks at battle count, uh thanks, but I think I know how to play. Lol although might be good idea to do this to some of the playerbase I guess.

At least those were only things affected and everything else is as it was. Hoping the crash bugs will be gone as well if they restarted their server. Have not battled yet since still going over everything carefully to make sure nothing else is out of place, since some surprises are better to be sought out and corrected instead of them finding you in unfortunate manner. But if the bugs got fixed this inconvenience will be well worth it, I hope.

• Boring 1

[NMKJT]
Members
3,613 posts

Nothings changed in my port that I can tell. Favorites still there and campaign tasks still selected

But these things as they are, I would bet it's not an isolated incident  

[TG-38]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,304 posts
7,920 battles
53 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Odd that it is just me?

It's just you.

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,383 posts
15,162 battles

Who is more OCD? a. WG b. Admiralthrawn c. myself d. any one else reading this thread

[RKLES]
Members
8,929 posts
10,828 battles

The patch Wargaming did might affect the Wine program that they use to convert PC code into IOS for Mac. That is a possibility I am wondering about because never saw my game pull that stunt before and it is behaving itself now lol.

Beta Testers
20 posts
9,139 battles

The same thing happened to me Admiral_Thrawn_1 about 1 hour after your first posted here!

My game crashed to game login screen, at start of a battle. With the normal error of  unable to find IP ..... or whatever for 5 times of trying to get into battle. Finally got into port just to crash to login again, then same as you.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,626 posts
14,824 battles

Ahhhh, that's it! Your Mac is drunk with Wine. 

No server restart that I can tell. All's good out my Windows this morning.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles

This is why I love the fact that I almost always only play in the evening by my time (and my timezone is probably the closest in North America to Greenwich). The issues are usually sorted out by then.

Sign in to follow this