Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Blackgunner

Beautiful Freakin* Shot

38 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
199 posts
458 battles

I just had one of those games where I put out a beautiful [edited] shot.  Like, every shell was reached down and blessed by the lords of Kobol themselves (Yes, BSG reference because I watch real shows, not peanut gallery animu; but that's beside the topic at hand.)

 

Just a wonderous shot where everything went true and before they even landed on target I knew the enemy was done.  God sometimes I love this Colorado.
 

How often do other people get these kinds of shots?  Stories behind them?

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,485
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles
14 minutes ago, Blackgunner said:

Stories behind them?

 

Clicked a button, game rolled dice. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
[1NJS]
Members
387 posts
2,694 battles
18 minutes ago, Blackgunner said:

I just had one of those games where I put out a beautiful [edited] shot.  Like, every shell was reached down and blessed by the lords of Kobol themselves (Yes, BSG reference because I watch real shows, not pedoboat animu; but that's beside the topic at hand.)

 

Just a wonderous shot where everything went true and before they even landed on target I knew the enemy was done.  God sometimes I love this Colorado.
 

How often do other people get these kinds of shots?  Stories behind them?

Whoever downvoted this must be some guy with terrible RNG.

 

Anyway. I love shots that are just so... satisfying getting those multiple citadel hits and then watching their health deplete to either almost dead or completely dead. Lol.

Edited by DevilFreak_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,725
[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts
26 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

 

Clicked a button, game rolled dice. 

 

Quote

The gods may throw a dice
Their minds as cold as ice
And someone way down here
Loses someone dear
The winner takes it all
The loser has to fall
It's simple and it's plain
Why should I complain -- ABBA

 

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
133
[NAB]
Members
412 posts
8,921 battles

You gotta record them and put them on youtube so we can all see it!  Here was one from me yesterday:

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,485
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles
2 minutes ago, driedjello said:

You gotta record them and put them on youtube so we can all see it!  Here was one from me yesterday:

 

What's that direction indicator mod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
133
[NAB]
Members
412 posts
8,921 battles
15 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

 

What's that direction indicator mod?

Ahh, it's aslain's mod.  It's nice because I don't need to look all the way down at the minimap for the info.  I'll grab a screenshot, BRB5b3db76b325a5_althud.thumb.JPG.4624ef07dcd53e176f41e023b205815a.JPG

Here is the link to download it:

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/2020-0760-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview/

VERY IMPORTANT:  when you click the download link, do NOT click on any popups telling you your download is ready.  They are spam.  Wait until the 5 second countdown timer says you can skip ad.  (see below)

 

firefox 2018-07-05 01-18-24-58.jpg

 

5b3db9ca42501_firefox2018-07-0501-18-30-72.thumb.jpg.5edd3ac2298e3e1860f8cc29614357be.jpg

Edited by driedjello
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
339 posts
3,503 battles
25 minutes ago, driedjello said:

Ahh, it's aslain's mod.  It's nice because I don't need to look all the way down at the minimap for the info.  I'll grab a screenshot, BRB5b3db76b325a5_althud.thumb.JPG.4624ef07dcd53e176f41e023b205815a.JPG

Here is the link to download it:

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/2020-0760-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview/

 

 

You admit to cheating? The nerve!

 

 

 

 

I kid because I love.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
133
[NAB]
Members
412 posts
8,921 battles
Just now, LB_Binghamton said:

You admit to cheating? The nerve!

 

 

 

 

I kid because I love.

I'm an old man!  I need all the help I can get!  :P

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
339 posts
3,503 battles
2 minutes ago, driedjello said:

I'm an old man!  I need all the help I can get!  :P

61 here, there isn't a cheat out there that can compensate for my lack of E to H.

 

What a great clan name, well played.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
676
[TDRB]
Members
2,480 posts
7,219 battles

Gratz on your shot. I was able to pull off the same type shot twice in the 1st 4 minutes of a battle. My Normandie sent 2 cruisers to visit Davy Jones then I could not hit the broadside of a barn until the final minutes of the battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
515
[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,793 posts
4,982 battles

(quote driedjello’s 2nd post, but without all the stuff)

If you click the Direct Links (in parentheses, just to the right of the download links) on Aslain’s download page instead of the Download links, you don’t have to worry about the extras.

OP - they don’t happen often.  I had a number of them with New Mexico, including one game where they ended both a Nagato and a Colorado.  Neither were full health, but both were well over half.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,448 battles

Back not long after the game left beta, when USN and IJN were pretty much the only nations really available still, I took a blind shot into the enemy base with my Fuso and detonated a completely undetected Cleveland.  It was one of those things that is a once-in-a-million shot that will likely never happen again for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
83
[S0L0]
Members
285 posts
6,338 battles

When I first earned the HMS Nelson, there was a Cleveland that thought he can HE spam me while standing still in smoke. I fired HE back at him and caused a detonation :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
217
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
462 posts
4,614 battles

I had a beauty of a shot once in my Lyon,  i was about to go behind an island when one of my turrets loaded,   I spotted a broadside cruiser far in the distance, I opened binoc view, aimed, fired the 4 loaded rounds and closed binoc view all in about 1 second then continued past the island,  about 5 seconds later "You sunk and enemy cruiser". I could not believe it.

The RNGods where with me there.

Edited by DarkStormy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles

In my Montana I deleted a full health Yamato with a 7 citadel shot, I jumped out of my chair and yelled no F'ing way. LOL My wife came in to check on me, she thought something was wrong.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
334
[REVY]
Members
1,206 posts
8,727 battles

Was the first week or so of the release of Warspite (yes, that long ago). Sent up the spotter plane and discovered a lone cruiser sailing along. Line up a shot (using no mods) and fired. Rewarded with a at least 2 citadels and a devastating strike. Cruiser vaporized.

 

Fast forward to about a month ago. Warspite has now been out for about 3 years.

Does she still have it?

Sent up the spotter plane, spotted a Konigsberg sailing along behind an island, spotted, but not underfire. Cut loose with full salvo. 2 Citadels, Cruiser vaporized.

 Warspite, still gudbote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
513
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,007 posts
6,255 battles
9 hours ago, Blackgunner said:

I just had one of those games where I put out a beautiful [edited] shot.  Like, every shell was reached down and blessed by the lords of Kobol themselves (Yes, BSG reference because I watch real shows, not peanut gallery animu; but that's beside the topic at hand.)

 

Just a wonderous shot where everything went true and before they even landed on target I knew the enemy was done.  God sometimes I love this Colorado.
 

How often do other people get these kinds of shots?  Stories behind them?

Usually when this happens:

  • HACKER!!!
  • AIM ASSIST!!!
  • REPORTING THE HACKER!!!
  • He's cheating!!!

Personally I won't care because you will never know if the person on the other side is using mods, very lucky (RNG), or just knows how to shoot. My loss is my loss and your win is your win. Besides the annoying player, it's always nice to have a game where everything and every shot that lands hits. Good job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
676
[TDRB]
Members
2,480 posts
7,219 battles
3 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Usually when this happens:

  • HACKER!!!
  • AIM ASSIST!!!
  • REPORTING THE HACKER!!!
  • He's cheating!!!

Personally I won't care because you will never know if the person on the other side is using mods, very lucky (RNG), or just knows how to shoot. My loss is my loss and your win is your win. Besides the annoying player, it's always nice to have a game where everything and every shot that lands hits. Good job!

It is sad that some people cannot accept they can be sunk by other players abiding by the rules. This will happen regardless of your stats and skill level. You may be sunk by a poor player who got lucky. In a recent thread BB's drivers were accused of using illegal aiming mods because his DD was sunk by a BB at long range while he was maneuvering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
198
[-BMV-]
Members
1,227 posts
5,829 battles

once in the old Russian tier V dd I fired at a US DD with about 3/4 health, missed by a hair but he detonated any way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
513
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,007 posts
6,255 battles
6 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

It is sad that some people cannot accept they can be sunk by other players abiding by the rules. This will happen regardless of your stats and skill level. You may be sunk by a poor player who got lucky. In a recent thread BB's drivers were accused of using illegal aiming mods because his DD was sunk by a BB at long range while he was maneuvering.

While I am sure that those aiming mods exist, I won't care because I will never know. I will just consider it a good shot and my inability to not be broadside. I use the best aim mod, Alternate Battle Interface.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
676
[TDRB]
Members
2,480 posts
7,219 battles
18 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

While I am sure that those aiming mods exist, I won't care because I will never know. I will just consider it a good shot and my inability to not be broadside. I use the best aim mod, Alternate Battle Interface.

I have the same opinion as you, they made a good shot. Sadly it is usually my fault they had the opportunity to make that shot.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
515
[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,793 posts
4,982 battles
9 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Was the first week or so of the release of Warspite (yes, that long ago). Sent up the spotter plane and discovered a lone cruiser sailing along. Line up a shot (using no mods) and fired. Rewarded with a at least 2 citadels and a devastating strike. Cruiser vaporized.

 

Fast forward to about a month ago. Warspite has now been out for about 3 years.

Does she still have it?

Sent up the spotter plane, spotted a Konigsberg sailing along behind an island, spotted, but not underfire. Cut loose with full salvo. 2 Citadels, Cruiser vaporized.

 Warspite, still gudbote

You just reminded me of one of my first Warspite games.  Fault Line, I spawned north.  I cut west.  We got early lights on the red ships in the southeast.

I put up my spotter plane, took range on a Pensacola.  I think the flight time was about 18 seconds.  I let fly, and then went about getting into position for the fight on the west flank.

I forget if it was two or three citadels, but that was the end of that poor Pensacola driver’s game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles
18 hours ago, Blackgunner said:

I just had one of those games where I put out a beautiful [edited] shot.  Like, every shell was reached down and blessed by the lords of Kobol themselves (Yes, BSG reference because I watch real shows, not peanut gallery animu; but that's beside the topic at hand.)

 

Just a wonderous shot where everything went true and before they even landed on target I knew the enemy was done.  God sometimes I love this Colorado.
 

How often do other people get these kinds of shots?  Stories behind them?

I had good times with the Colorado back in 2016-2017, but I've stopped playing it since because its accuracy seems to have taken quite a hit. Did they nerf the sigma?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
83
[S0L0]
Members
285 posts
6,338 battles
Just now, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Did they nerf the sigma?

yes they did, from 2.0 to 1.9 when it gotten a HP pool boost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×