You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

BFT or SI on Mass

13 comments in this topic

Members
327 posts
6,819 battles

Since the Mass has that quick repair party cooldown is it worth switching
BFT for SI?  If I lose BFT that really nerfs my AA and makes the secondaries a little slower.

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
1 minute ago, crazyferret23777 said:

BFT for SI?  If I lose BFT that really nerfs my AA and makes the secondaries a little slower.

Go for the Manly build and get BFT to buff the secondaries.

[STURM]
Members
440 posts
3,803 battles
5 minutes ago, crazyferret23777 said:

In my opinion? Both. But, I would chose SI first. That quick cooldown makes the extra heal so good, and while faster secondaries are nice, a ship that lives longer without BFT will still put more shells in the air than a ship with BFT that dies sooner.

[BNKR]
Members
1,172 posts
1,103 battles
Just now, Baskerville77 said:

In my opinion? Both. But, I would chose SI first. That quick cooldown makes the extra heal so good, and while faster secondaries are nice, a ship that lives longer without BFT will still put more shells in the air than a ship with BFT that dies sooner.

Superintendent is critical with the lightning fast heal recharge. If you use premium heal, you can spend six odd minutes basically invulnerable to HE spam.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,713 posts
28,098 battles
1 hour ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Superintendent is critical with the lightning fast heal recharge. If you use premium heal, you can spend six odd minutes basically invulnerable to HE spam.

I’ve started with BFT but wish I had Superintendent. It’s easy to burn through those heals. 

[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles
1 hour ago, crazyferret23777 said:

My opinion: If you play the ship to its advantages, you won’t have enough healable health to use the extra one from SI IF you use both premium heal and the +20% healed flag. I tried SI for one game and changed it up. I just didn’t have enough health to heal or didn’t use the extra because the game was close to over. To me it’s the same problem with British CL heals. You can heal so much so when you suffer pens, that 2/3 damage starts to add up quickly.

Take BFT and see how many shells you can get to rain down.

Edited by Belyy_Klyk
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,469 posts
6,065 battles
10 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I'm still working on answering that question.  I did find that I used all 5 heals quite a bit so initially it seemed worth it.  To @Belyy_Klyk's point though. . . thinking back on it, usually one of those heals wasn't for very much damage.  So was it really worth it versus having the benefits of BFT?  That's what I'm testing right now.

If you need something right now, I'd say go with BFT.  Especially now that Massachsetts is starting to get a rep and CV's might be gunning for her more.

[SEALZ]
Members
535 posts
5,896 battles
2 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I'm still working on answering that question.  I did find that I used all 5 heals quite a bit so initially it seemed worth it.  To @Belyy_Klyk's point though. . . thinking back on it, usually one of those heals wasn't for very much damage.  So was it really worth it versus having the benefits of BFT?  That's what I'm testing right now.

If you need something right now, I'd say go with BFT.  Especially now that Massachsetts is starting to get a rep and CV's might be gunning for her more.

I sure hope CVs gun for her, if you’re secondary built you are also an AA monster.

Edited by Usedcarjock

Members
35 posts
5,202 battles

I dont go for neither of them on german dds, i go for topr reload, concealment, survability expert and radio location for captain points.

Im an idiot, i thought it was the leberecht mass and not the massachussets

Edited by Chin_Chu_Lin
  • Funny 2

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,587 battles

It's a USN AA cruiser captain training BB. So do whatever you'd do to train a AA cruiser captain, and stick it in Mass. Training a specific captain for a premium ship is kinda dumb dumb. 

[STW]
Members
696 posts
4,983 battles

BFT doesn't provide enough additional benefit for me to take it over SI.  I find myself using the full rack of heals on a fairly consistent basis on my BBs in general, so doesn't matter if my secondaries are firing slightly faster if I don't have the staying power I need to keep putting out damage.  The secondaries provide pretty solid additional damage, but at the end of the day they're just a supplement to my main guns, they're not the primary damage.

[HOT]
[HOT]
Members
429 posts
10,940 battles

SI seems better with all the consumables the German dd's stack.

[STW]
Members
696 posts
4,983 battles
3 minutes ago, MackDye said:

SI seems better with all the consumables the German dd's stack.

This is a thread for the Massachusetts, not for the Maass