You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

Nueve De Julio isn't looking good.......

44 comments in this topic

Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles

Do you think she will be a popular ship from Day 1? I mean I like the play style of ships like the Helena and Atlanta and Cleveland, but I feel that Nueve de Julio sacrifices a bit too much just for that heal. 800m turning circle compared to Helena's 680m, Atlanta's 610m and Cleveland's 660m. 10-second reload on her guns, and she has an unhistorical top speed of 30 knots when all the USN CAs / CLs could sail at the standard 32.5 knots. Will you guys be getting the ship over the Helena?

Also since this is the first new Pan-American ship I won't have a 14-point commander, which is the minimum required for ships of this type.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,635 posts
9,866 battles
1 minute ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Do you think she will be a popular ship from Day 1? I mean I like the play style of ships like the Helena and Atlanta and Cleveland, but I feel that Nueve de Julio sacrifices a bit too much just for that heal. 800m turning circle compared to Helena's 680m, Atlanta's 610m and Cleveland's 660m. 19-second reload on her guns, and she has an unhistorical top speed of 30 knots when all the USN CAs / CLs could sail at the standard 32.5 knots. Will you guys be getting the ship over the Helena?

Also since this is the first new Pan-American ship I won't have a 14-point commander, which is the minimum required for ships of this type.

Where are you getting this information?

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,064 posts
5,836 battles

she MIGHT have the repair party,they are testing it.

she MIGHT have radar instead.

edit:notse show nueve de julio with both 8sec reload,i don't know where you saw that 19sec reload.

Edited by Cruxdei

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
475 posts
6,235 battles

Notser did a video talking about the Neuvo De Julio.  Also, if you pay attention to the WOWS Devblog on Facebook you'll discover the stats of upcoming ships and any changes coming up in WOWS.

P.S.  The World of Warships devblog has released preliminary stats for the RN DD's.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,064 posts
5,836 battles
6 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Sorry I meant 10-second reload.

the ship looks pretty good,that heal is a game changer now.absolutely a buy from me,a extra turret schors with heal and weird arc.

Edited by Cruxdei

[HYDRO]
Members
3,023 posts
4,612 battles

As long as there is that WiP sign over all the Nueve content, she can literally change overnight. Keep in mind however, that its a PR issue to produce a very strong premium, then have to nerf it somehow. So it could be they prefer to be in the mediocre range so as not to upset the balance.  In addition, they need to produce something relatively unique and interesting that will attract buyers, so it's a thin line they are treading.

As for the commander requirements, you really need just a 10 point one for the IFHE to make any CL workable, CE when at 14 is just to bring out most of the ship's potential.

• Cool 1

[_-_]
Members
2,036 posts

I'll pass. Very happy with the Helena, already have a healing cruiser with my Prinz Eugen, don't feel like grinding a one-off commander from scratch.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles

I lost interest as soon as I found out they were taking the RADAR off.

I could've lived with it not being American. But the RADAR is what made it interesting.

It's kind of dumb that they aren't giving us Boise herself, though. As Boise, she has a lot of combat history. What'd she do as Nueve de Julio besides shoot at her own people? Gotta' pander, though. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,064 posts
5,836 battles
7 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

I could've lived with it not being American. But the RADAR is what made it interesting.

It's kind of dumb that they aren't giving us Boise herself, though. As Boise, she has a lot of combat history. What'd she do as Nueve de Julio besides shoot at her own people? Gotta' pander, though. 

what people?my ship only have the captain,alone in his boat.

and she is still "boise",she just have a different name now,but it's still built in us of a with glock turrets,an obese hull and a BBQ HE shells.

like i said,they are testing her with mcdonalds heal,if she becomes too good,they might bring back the TOTALLY needed and situational radar,because,to fight the meta,we just create more radar cruisers,super fun.

[PVE]
Members
14,988 posts
9,575 battles
29 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Do you think she will be a popular ship from Day 1? I mean I like the play style of ships like the Helena and Atlanta and Cleveland, but I feel that Nueve de Julio sacrifices a bit too much just for that heal. 800m turning circle compared to Helena's 680m, Atlanta's 610m and Cleveland's 660m. 10-second reload on her guns, and she has an unhistorical top speed of 30 knots when all the USN CAs / CLs could sail at the standard 32.5 knots. Will you guys be getting the ship over the Helena?

Why not both?

[INTEL]
Members
10,057 posts
28,229 battles
16 hours ago, ramp4ge said:

Just the opposite. I dont want to introduce more radar into a game already choking on it, so the heal was a welcome change.

Though you can see how they'd introduce a radar Boise and a heal Neuvo as premiums....

3,702 posts
611 battles

If they offered her with 2 hulls - one Boise, where you can use a US captain, and the other Nueve de Julio for the Pan-America stuff, I'd probably still buy it.

I'm not grinding out another 14 point captain that can't be used in any other ship except this one, which they've already gone out of their way to nerf into the ground. 

• Cool 4

Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles
20 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

As long as there is that WiP sign over all the Nueve content, she can literally change overnight. Keep in mind however, that its a PR issue to produce a very strong premium, then have to nerf it somehow. So it could be they prefer to be in the mediocre range so as not to upset the balance.  In addition, they need to produce something relatively unique and interesting that will attract buyers, so it's a thin line they are treading.

As for the commander requirements, you really need just a 10 point one for the IFHE to make any CL workable, CE when at 14 is just to bring out most of the ship's potential.

PR issue..... I have a PR issue with my Helena because I know I deserve significantly more than an 1138 PR when I'm averaging 58k damage with a 57% win rate. That's well above average for most Tier 7 cruisers. 

[HYDRO]
Members
3,023 posts
4,612 battles
1 minute ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

PR issue..... I have a PR issue with my Helena because I know I deserve significantly more than an 1138 PR when I'm averaging 58k damage with a 57% win rate. That's well above average for most Tier 7 cruisers. 

No no, I didn't mean PR as in Personal Rating, I meant Personal Relations :cap_haloween:.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
807 posts
7,042 battles

This ship with the heal looks and sounds great. I would happily buy it.

Radar makes players need to get close to use it where with a heal you can stand off pick when to push.

• Cool 1

3,702 posts
611 battles
1 minute ago, _greifer said:

Radar makes players need to get close to use it where with a heal you can stand off pick when to push.

Her RADAR range was 9.9km and her detection range was 10.1km.

She was a perfect DD hunter. Which is what a light cruiser is supposed to be doing. 

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Members
1,103 posts
5,767 battles

I'm going to buy her, regardless, but I'd much rather have the heal version. If they stick with the long range radar, she needs the USN rudder shift and turning circle.

Matt

• Cool 1

Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles
1 minute ago, mobryan said:

I'm going to buy her, regardless, but I'd much rather have the heal version. If they stick with the long range radar, she needs the USN rudder shift and turning circle.

Matt

Yeah because 800m turning circle is atrocious, worse than many BBs.

[INTEL]
Members
7,126 posts
29,385 battles

I like Helena, a keeper.

9 de Julio? and with a low point commander? I pass.

• Cool 2