Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

auto-resupply of camo/signals

12 comments in this topic

Members
828 posts
6,363 battles

WG needs to seriously set auto-resupply of camo/signals USING INGAME CURRENCY OFF as default! omg i just lost 75 gold because i wasnt paying attention. I dont want to pay gold for camo and signal ever!

• Cool 10
  • Bad 3

[WOLF2]
Members
3,051 posts
14,805 battles

He's talking about a default requiring doubloons … same as when new players sell a ship without checking to make sure mods aren't removed at a cost of 25 db ea .. which is also default as I recall?

• Cool 1

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,448 battles
2 minutes ago, CPT_Nelson said:

<<omg i just lost 75 gold because i wasnt paying attention.>>

2 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

So, you just admitted you weren't paying attention. Pray, tell, how is that WG's fault?

The fact that it defaults to ON and risks using premium currency is poor UI design.  When the feature was first added, people pointed it out and said that this would happen.  Considering this isn't the first post where someone has inadvertently lost doubloons because of it, Wargaming should honestly consider altering the UI to default it to OFF, or move the purchasing of signals and camo to a doubloon page in the in-game premium shop.

[BNKR]
Members
1,169 posts
1,103 battles
2 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

He's talking about a default requiring doubloons … same as when new players sell a ship without checking to make sure mods aren't removed at a cost of 25 db ea .. which is also default as I recall?

All of which can be avoided using a rare and difficult to master skill that the ancient ones called "reading".

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[VW]
Members
2,420 posts
14,222 battles
12 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

WG needs to seriously set auto-resupply of camo/signals USING INGAME CURRENCY OFF as default! omg i just lost 75 gold because i wasnt paying attention. I dont want to pay gold for camo and signal ever!

This is their classic scam move, i agree. I like anyone who never played one of their games before got burned just like you. Sent a ticket to receive the answer: haha, we got you! Well all one can do is try and inform others.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
3,783 posts
27 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

Maybe you should learn to pay closer attention

• Bad 1

[WOLF1]
Members
76 posts
4,122 battles

I'd just be grateful you only lost only 75 gold,  just learn from the mistake and move on its not really worth getting THAT upset over.

• Bad 1

[WORX]
Members
3,249 posts
14,685 battles

I never lost Dubs for using Economic flags, because

• Changes don;t take affect  on ship that had them already. Even after a few battles
  • After the changes, the new parameters did not take place until AFTER I manually changed the flag configuration and it warned me of the currency changes.

So now I did change the flags for all ships I use, IF there is still a ship equip with the Economic flag, I know that it was done before the changes and it will not charge me in Dubs until I change it. GL and HF

[SYN]
Members
7,409 posts
12,523 battles

So...you were not paying attention and you spent gold.

But thankfully... its WGs fault not yours... clearly.

Edited by turbo07
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[-BRS-]
Members
1,136 posts
8,657 battles

It just annoys me after patch day... when everything is reseted "ON, resupply using ingame currency." I have 98 ships to go thru to make sure its off... Camo, flags, and consumables.

• Cool 2

Community Department
2,551 posts
689 battles
2 hours ago, _Dracarys said:

1 hour ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

It just annoys me after patch day... when everything is reseted "ON, resupply using ingame currency." I have 98 ships to go thru to make sure its off... Camo, flags, and consumables.

Yes, not only you, everyone.
I locked one similar topic tonight. Of course one need to pay attention on what he is doing with doubloons in the port. But here we have situation wich returns from time to time. We are working on the solution. Sorry for current not 100% obvious mechanics. We'll improve it in the future to avoid such cases. *(We do not suppose to trick anyone. this is unacceptable, but we have options to use doubloons in port, check them carefully).
Losing ingame currency even by mistake is unpleasant situation. So some post were edited. 
Locking.

• Cool 2