Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Gax_

Port slots in containers

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

97
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

Since 7.6 release are port slots and commander reserve slots still available as prizes in containers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
557
[CUTIE]
Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

I've never pulled a port slot out of a container.  But I am up 112 reserve slots for my commanders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
1 hour ago, BloodyBill_2015 said:

Yes, received a port slot last weekend.

Nice was hoping they wouldnt remove that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
23 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

I've never pulled a port slot out of a container.  But I am up 112 reserve slots for my commanders.

Ive pulled 3 at least. Currently at 18 slots and 20 reserve commander slots. Still early in my WoW pursuits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,718
[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
2 minutes ago, Sped_Gax said:

Ive pulled 3 at least. Currently at 18 slots and 20 reserve commander slots. Still early in my WoW pursuits. 

There is a sale on port slots right now. Instead of the normal 300 doubloons, they are 150 doubloons until Monday morning, Jul 9th. These 50% sales on port slots show up every month or so and also before a new line is introduced. Last Christmas, WG put port slots on sale for 75 doubloons and hopefully they will do that again. You should not have to buy reserve commander slots, unless you run into the problem of having many cmdrs for each ship. They come in packs of four when you get them from a container and can add up quick.

 

When you get a tech tree IJN DD, move the Tachibana Lima captain over to it. Premium ships can accept a captain from any ship in that nation with no retraining. When you move your IJN captains from one tech tree ship to another, you can put the captain into the Tachibana Lima and the skills will all work at 100% while the captain is retraining for the new ship. Any XP you earn on the Tachibana Lima, will also work towards that captains retraining in the new tech tree ship. If you get Indianapolis or any other premium, you can do the same for those ships as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
16 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

There is a sale on port slots right now. Instead of the normal 300 doubloons, they are 150 doubloons until Monday morning, Jul 9th. These 50% sales on port slots show up every month or so and also before a new line is introduced. Last Christmas, WG put port slots on sale for 75 doubloons and hopefully they will do that again. You should not have to buy reserve commander slots, unless you run into the problem of having many cmdrs for each ship. They come in packs of four when you get them from a container and can add up quick.

 

When you get a tech tree IJN DD, move the Tachibana Lima captain over to it. Premium ships can accept a captain from any ship in that nation with no retraining. When you move your IJN captains from one tech tree ship to another, you can put the captain into the Tachibana Lima and the skills will all work at 100% while the captain is retraining for the new ship. Any XP you earn on the Tachibana Lima, will also work towards that captains retraining in the new tech tree ship. If you get Indianapolis or any other premium, you can do the same for those ships as well. 

16 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

There is a sale on port slots right now. Instead of the normal 300 doubloons, they are 150 doubloons until Monday morning, Jul 9th. These 50% sales on port slots show up every month or so and also before a new line is introduced. Last Christmas, WG put port slots on sale for 75 doubloons and hopefully they will do that again. You should not have to buy reserve commander slots, unless you run into the problem of having many cmdrs for each ship. They come in packs of four when you get them from a container and can add up quick.

 

When you get a tech tree IJN DD, move the Tachibana Lima captain over to it. Premium ships can accept a captain from any ship in that nation with no retraining. When you move your IJN captains from one tech tree ship to another, you can put the captain into the Tachibana Lima and the skills will all work at 100% while the captain is retraining for the new ship. Any XP you earn on the Tachibana Lima, will also work towards that captains retraining in the new tech tree ship. If you get Indianapolis or any other premium, you can do the same for those ships as well. 

Thanks, thats actually what i had planned to do. Just saving the free experience to research through the tier 4 or tier 5 IJN dd. Rather then having to grind through the ships. Has worked for me in the german line. Loved the V170. Already liking the T22.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,718
[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
50 minutes ago, Sped_Gax said:

Thanks, thats actually what i had planned to do. Just saving the free experience to research through the tier 4 or tier 5 IJN dd. Rather then having to grind through the ships. Has worked for me in the german line. Loved the V170. Already liking the T22.

Well, grinding through the T2 & T3, do introduce you to the IJN line and what the DDs will largely be like. The T2 Umikaze is a fan favorite for low tier play. Grinding them shouldn't take long and if you don't like low tier PvP play, you can do the grind in co-op. It also saves your FXP for the higher tiers, when FXP'ing a module or two makes a stock grind all the more bearable.

 

I liked the T22 as well, but many others do not. It is one of the like it or hate it ships out there. Not much middle ground it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×