You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

You know things are not going to go well when...

12 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts

You know things are not going to go well when 3/4th of the team neither flying signals, wearing camo, nor in a clan. How in the world they got into tier 10 ships is beyond me.

Members
4,723 posts
7,771 battles

Well as you know getting one of them is simple.....just takes some loot.  Skill or knowledge is not a factor. 

• Cool 1

[CUTIE]
Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

Obviously each and every one of them are in the mandatory 3-day waiting period when switching clans, and are saving their signals and camos for Clan Battles once their transfer occurs.

Obviously. :cap_hmm:

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,985 posts
9,298 battles

Clan is irrelevant, some people don't have time or desire for that, or like me, don't just randomly join things like them. Only reason I'm really in a clan is because I got to know the guy who started it when he was starting it. And I've only stuck around mostly because beyond the occasional hello I don't have to really talk much or the like. I'm highly introverted, border-lining on crippling, I've only gotten active on the forums because I force myself to be to try and break through some of it. 

Camo's - at tier 10 it really depends on the ship, and if they have credits or camo's to spare. With your average BB, not the stealthier ones, what's maybe half a km? Take Montana, at 17.8 km, on a 48x48 map. each grid square is 4.8 km - with no camo, that's about 3 3/4 grid squares, with the camo, 3 3/5. Odds are, especially if your not using a CE build, people still build for other things, BB's spend the match near perma-spotted anyway. Dispersion is harder to math out, not knowing does it affect the straight up dispersion (the effective size of the circle where the shells land) or the sigma (grouping in the circle) because again, not gongto make a huge difference in a BB. However, most cruisers and all DD's would see real benefits and should have, especially DD's because stealth and not getting hit is life and you want every bit of it you can get.

Signals - Again, this is a limited resource, people that maybe aren't playing a ton may not have near limitless supplies, and can't afford gold to replace them and may not get a ton of some of the achievements that reward them, reasons I think they should be up for credits like consumables, at least the combat ones. That aside just under 4 seconds off premium consumable reloads with 80 second cooldowns, 2.8% of HP, 1.8% less damage to DD's and cruisers by fire, 3.6% for BB's, 4.8% for CV's, can these make a difference? Yes. But not so much that a battle is unwinnable or hat you can't do well without them. 

Know when things aren't going to go well, when the team scatters everywhere and hides in the back. 

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Clan is irrelevant, some people don't have time or desire for that, or like me, don't just randomly join things like them. Only reason I'm really in a clan is because I got to know the guy who started it when he was starting it. And I've only stuck around mostly because beyond the occasional hello I don't have to really talk much or the like. I'm highly introverted, border-lining on crippling, I've only gotten active on the forums because I force myself to be to try and break through some of it. 

Camo's - at tier 10 it really depends on the ship, and if they have credits or camo's to spare. With your average BB, not the stealthier ones, what's maybe half a km? Take Montana, at 17.8 km, on a 48x48 map. each grid square is 4.8 km - with no camo, that's about 3 3/4 grid squares, with the camo, 3 3/5. Odds are, especially if your not using a CE build, people still build for other things, BB's spend the match near perma-spotted anyway. Dispersion is harder to math out, not knowing does it affect the straight up dispersion (the effective size of the circle where the shells land) or the sigma (grouping in the circle) because again, not gongto make a huge difference in a BB. However, most cruisers and all DD's would see real benefits and should have, especially DD's because stealth and not getting hit is life and you want every bit of it you can get.

Signals - Again, this is a limited resource, people that maybe aren't playing a ton may not have near limitless supplies, and can't afford gold to replace them and may not get a ton of some of the achievements that reward them, reasons I think they should be up for credits like consumables, at least the combat ones. That aside just under 4 seconds off premium consumable reloads with 80 second cooldowns, 2.8% of HP, 1.8% less damage to DD's and cruisers by fire, 3.6% for BB's, 4.8% for CV's, can these make a difference? Yes. But not so much that a battle is unwinnable or hat you can't do well without them. 

Know when things aren't going to go well, when the team scatters everywhere and hides in the back. 

2851 Posts to date I would say YOU"RE CURED

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,985 posts
9,298 battles
3 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

2851 Posts to date I would say YOU"RE CURED

Not by a mile. Typo missed the d in "forced". Took a while, but after a couple years I'm comfortable enough here to just post at will. Once I get comfortable I'm fine. Case in point, the stadium I work at, there's a handful of season ticket holders I'll talk to and can hold a conversation with cause I've gotten to know them. Rest of the time I'm dealing with groups of new people which while I switch to this very friendly and smiling persona they see, internally am basically screaming and want to just go hide in a hole away from everyone because too many people. Why as much as the lack of AC can suck I liked being moved into an elevator for my job, more controlled numbers of people and I can get brief periods of no one to just sort of detune/unwind/etc.

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

You know things are not going to go well when 3/4th of the team neither flying signals, wearing camo, nor in a clan. How in the world they got into tier 10 ships is beyond me.

Not seeing what signals, camo, or membership in a clan has to do with individual player skill.

One player can still be the worst while fully adorned with signals, camo, and with a catchy clan name.  While another can, and does do well while not being in a clan, not running signals, and even without camo - though that last one is probably more helpful.

[NSEW]
Members
1,031 posts

So what you're saying is, get into battle with no camo, no flags (I'm in a clan, because....nominal benefits)...for 33.3333% for win factor? Challenge accepted.

Beta Testers
2,317 posts
4,451 battles
4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Being in a clan means bunk...

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
772 posts
6,704 battles

Imagine if they let rental ship's into random!

Actually i don't want to imagine that!

[YORHA]
Members
4,013 posts
6,982 battles

Actually my observations tend to confirm the OPs position.  For example had a Des Moines earlier with no flags and no camo.  Guess who rushed the cap and died like a marshmallow what fell off the stick.

Also anyone named "Renamedplayer5647385474937

Also anyone who puts an "x" before and after their name.

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts
1 hour ago, Kuckoo said:

Not seeing what signals, camo, or membership in a clan has to do with individual player skill.

Being in a clan indicates that you know enough about the game to understand the benefits of collecting oil. Camo and signals also accrue benefits and both are used by better players. The individual benefits are small but cumulatively they can tip the balance of an encounter, and, subsequently, a match. Having none of these three shows that someone is a very casual player. The game results didn't prove me wrong about this.