You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kaila_Olsen

Help! Can't buy this Ship!

11 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
100 battles

I have bought all the ships before the South Carolina, I have moved on to the South Carolina, I have researched the ship but I can't buy it. When I click Purchase, it says I need 250 gold doubloons but when I try to purchase it without a captain or slot, it still won't let me buy it. Help me!!

[YORHA]
Members
4,049 posts
7,029 battles

Do you have enough Silver?

[MWM]
Supertester
293 posts
4,943 battles

Not sure what the problem might be but put in a support ticket and they will get it sorted out for you.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
587 posts
16,619 battles

It shouldn't ask for doubloons to buy a tech ship.  Do you have a port slot for the South Carolina?

Edit:  Ninja'd by @Cpt_Cupcake

Edited by HamptonRoads

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

Yeah you probably don't have enough port slots.  If you have all the american ships up to SC I highly recommend selling the Chester.  It is garbage while the St. Louis at the very next tier is an excellent ship.  Or you can sell any Tier 1 ships.  They don't cost anything to buy back so if  you ever want to play it again you just need to have a port slot available.

Edit: I take back what I said.  The chester is on sale so you will be selling it at a discount.  Sell a tier 1 and if you want it back later you can sell the chester next week when it goes off sale.

Edited by mrh308

[A-I-M]
Members
1,628 posts
8,768 battles

If port slots are your issue, and if you can spring for some doubloons, today is your day: Port slots are 50% off, at 150 per.

Are you sure it says 250 doubloons are necessary, though? If it's a port slot issue, it should be asking for 150 doubloons. After the sale is over, it'll be asking you for 300 per.

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles
17 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

If port slots are your issue, and if you can spring for some doubloons, today is your day: Port slots are 50% off, at 150 per.

Are you sure it says 250 doubloons are necessary, though? If it's a port slot issue, it should be asking for 150 doubloons. After the sale is over, it'll be asking you for 300 per.

Yeah i just tried to buy the SC myself and can't figure out how they got 250.  Its 25 for a commander and 150 (normally 300 as you say) for a port slot.  Nothing else costs doubloons.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 hour ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

you have no ship ports available. you must sell a ship

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^