You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hells_Angel50

New Team Kill automation is a failure

28 comments in this topic

[HA_BG]
[HA_BG]
Members
4 posts
1,991 battles

So Here goes, I was in a random in the Wickes attacking with my 13 level Admiral. Had just launched 12 torps  Both Sides at a DD and a Cruiser. Was getting shelled by both. I get killed. Kill both of them and one of our St Luos runs into one of my torps somehow after getting hurt and sinks. I get sent to COOPS for TK, Unsportmans conduct leaving game early and something else. HUH????? I was dead how can Any of this happen.    You know how I feel about this game.

• Boring 2

[HINON]
Supertester
20,522 posts
13,924 battles

Sounds like it's working exactly as it's meant to and punishing exactly those who deserve it.

• Cool 2

[_-_]
Members
1,746 posts

Um, no.

First, you don't get sent to Co-op for one offense. Ever.

Second, try not to torpedo your allies.

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
5 minutes ago, Hells_Angel50 said:

So Here goes, I was in a random in the Wickes attacking with my 13 level Admiral. Had just launched 12 torps  Both Sides at a DD and a Cruiser. Was getting shelled by both. I get killed. Kill both of them and one of our St Luos runs into one of my torps somehow after getting hurt and sinks. I get sent to COOPS for TK, Unsportmans conduct leaving game early and something else. HUH????? I was dead how can Any of this happen.    You know how I feel about this game.

You can't get sent to coop for a random TK or AFK, so what else have you done recently?

[GLF]
Beta Testers
610 posts
11,586 battles
12 minutes ago, Lert said:

Sounds like it's working exactly as it's meant to and punishing exactly those who deserve it.

Oh really?....I got D/Ced and when I finally was able to log back on, I find out I'm being penalized for WGing game disconnecting me!?!?!?

Yeah, the system is broken

[HINON]
Supertester
20,522 posts
13,924 battles
1 minute ago, ArcherDude said:

Oh really?....I got D/Ced and when I finally was able to log back on, I find out I'm being penalized for WGing game disconnecting me!?!?!?

Oh stop whining. I was talking about the OP and you well know it.

Members
2,054 posts
509 battles
1 minute ago, ArcherDude said:

I have been DC'd twice so far... got pink, worked off pink... Yeah the system needs something to get past the accidental DC... but I am very much unsure how to fix it... in the mean time I try to make sure my rig is running for a while before launching WOWS...

The system needs something... and I wish I could argue what that something is for this particular issue of DC....alas, I have nothing....

Members
2,054 posts
509 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Oh stop whining. I was talking about the OP and you well know it.

I knew it too, however.. his point was valid... but not made in the correct context of the post directed at you.... Guess the point gets lost when not correctly  pointed out...THE OP screwed the pooch and THAT point deserves pointing out.... he did bad, got treated correctly.... but one TK does not send you to COOP so me thinks he screwed  a few pooches recently

[HINON]
Supertester
20,522 posts
13,924 battles
5 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

he screwed  a few pooches recently

Damn furries.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,287 posts
10,916 battles
8 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

aElym7p.jpg

QFT

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,609 posts
15,896 battles
18 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

he screwed a few pooches recently

Do you get pink for that now too? How lewd!

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,075 posts
4,735 battles
41 minutes ago, Hells_Angel50 said:

Understand your frustration, but he (or she) who fires his guns and torps is responsible for said ordinance. Unless you received an orange penalty notification, which you would have to have received a pink warning beforehand, you should have just got the warning for the team damage/TK. First offense is usually a 2 game warning and does not restrict you from participating in any of the battle modes. It is possible to commit several  "fouls" in one match, though.

"New" anti-abuse system: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/anti-abuse-system/

How the System Works - 

The new system is more nuanced and enables us to determine the degree of a player's guilt more accurately, adjusting the penalties accordingly. As before, the status of players directly depends on their actions in battle and is shown by the color of the nickname.

When a user violates the rules, is "AFK" in battle, or attacks allies, the system first simply prompts such players to think about their behavior and start playing fairly, while the player's nickname turns pink. The warning itself contains information about what the player was punished for.

If, after the first warning, the player continues to violate the rules of fair play, the next step of the system will be to prohibit access to all types of battles, except for Co-op Battles, Clan Battles, and Training Room, while the player's nickname will turn orange—but only in the Port. To return to battles against other players and gain access to other types of battles, the player will have to take part in several Co-op Battles against bots. The player must still observe the rules of the game and contribute to the battle.

From the Wiki changelog for 0.7.4 - http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.7.4

The status of a player's account will be indicated by the color of their nickname:

WHITE color meaning lack of violations.

PINK color meaning the player has received a warning. Players are NOT penalized and can still play any of the battle modes.

ORANGE color meaning the player is under penalty and is restricted from entry to certain types of battles.

Any orange penalty will be "served" in Co-op Battles, where each battle played without violations is one step on the way back to the "white" status. The exact penalty will depend on the number of violations and the frequency of their recurrence. Repeat offenders will "go pink" faster and face an ever increasing penalty for repeated acts of unsportsmanlike conduct. This significantly reduces the chance for all players to be matched in a battle with a "hardcore" offender.

22 minutes ago, ArcherDude said:

While I do think WG's new anti-abuse system needs to be tweaked, currently an AFK, whether it is through intentionally leaving the battle early, not participating in the battle, or in your case, through no fault of your own, is enough to draw a pink warning, which is 2 games. No penalty and really no fuss, no muss.

Members
2,054 posts
509 battles
1 minute ago, daVinci761st said:

While I do think WG's new anti-abuse system needs to be tweaked, currently an AFK, whether it is through intentionally leaving the battle early, not participating in the battle, or in your case, through no fault of your own, is enough to draw a pink warning, which is 2 games. No penalty and really no fuss, no muss.

the problem will be that if players have issues a few times.... it will start to get into the orange range.... and "through no fault of their own" will be penalized like someone that SHOULD BE, although they should not be....

but again, I have no idea how to fix the system to help the accidental  DC....

it happened to me twice already, and I am not sure what if anything will happen if it happens again (KNOCK WOOD) but nothing has gone bad as of late after a fresh reinstall after the new patch would freeze after starting a DL

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Members
1,075 posts
4,735 battles
9 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

the problem will be that if players have issues a few times.... it will start to get into the orange range.... and "through no fault of their own" will be penalized like someone that SHOULD BE, although they should not be....

but again, I have no idea how to fix the system to help the accidental  DC....

it happened to me twice already, and I am not sure what if anything will happen if it happens again (KNOCK WOOD) but nothing has gone bad as of late after a fresh reinstall after the new patch would freeze after starting a DL

Aye.

And unfortunately, there are going to be the occasional DC's here and there either through internet connection drop, power outage, or a CTD.

However, I would think that if a player was having a lot of DC's or CTD's, they should not try to play WoWs until the "problem" or "issue" is fixed or resolved. It's been awhile, but if I have more than 2 DC's or CTD in a day, I focus on fixing the problem that is causing the DC or CTD. Do realize, however, that some people do have issues running WoWs, ie Apple users running the MAC wrapper, or folks that live in areas with unreliable internet.

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,287 posts
10,916 battles
Just now, daVinci761st said:

Aye.

And unfortunately, there are going to be the occasional DC's here and there either through internet connection drop, power outage, or a CTD.

However, I would think that if a player was having a lot of DC's or CTD's, they should not try to play WoWs until the "problem" or "issue" is fixed or resolved. It's been awhile, but if I have more than 2 DC's or CTD in a day, I focus on fixing the problem that is causing the DC or CTD. Do realize, however, that some people do have issues running WoWs, ie Apple users running the MAC wrapper, or folks that live in areas with unreliable internet.

This, don't keep going until you are actually getting punished. Stop and address the issue.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,287 posts
10,916 battles
11 hours ago, Hells_Angel50 said:

Put in a ticket but I have doubts that you will win because you must have done far more than sink that single ship. Note that team damage as far as the punishment system does not go away at the end of a match although no one knows how long it does take to decay.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,513 posts
14,648 battles
18 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I have been DC'd twice so far... got pink, worked off pink... Yeah the system needs something to get past the accidental DC... but I am very much unsure how to fix it... in the mean time I try to make sure my rig is running for a while before launching WOWS...

The system needs something... and I wish I could argue what that something is for this particular issue of DC....alas, I have nothing....

I got DC'd once recently...my ISP had an outage.  When I was able to log back in to port I got a message that my penalty had been satisfied....i.e., no pink for me.  So there does seem to be a threshold of some kind in the algorithm where simply being DC'd does not make you auto pink.

Oh, and it wasn't WGs fault either.  It was my ISP.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

Beta Testers
704 posts
9,300 battles
18 hours ago, ArcherDude said:

How do you know where the disconnect happened?

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,287 posts
10,916 battles
19 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I got DC'd once recently...my ISP had an outage.  When I was able to log back in to port I got a message that my penalty had been satisfied....i.e., no pink for me.  So there does seem to be a threshold of some kind in the algorithm where simply being DC'd does not make you auto pink.

Oh, and it wasn't WGs fault either.  It was my ISP.

I had that happen the other day when the ship sailing away bug hit and the only way to get out of the game was to ctrl+alt+del and use the sign out option and restart the game. when I got back I got a message that my penalty had been satisfied. I am guessing that is a glitch but it is in the most fair direction.