You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Reported and I know why this time

34 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
8,131 posts

In a game just now, I was keeping a CL and a DD spotted. They had been a pain on our flank all game.  However a Yamato on our team thought I should be spotting for him in the other direction and pinged my position on the map for three solid minutes. After the game I noticed that his entire clan gave me negative karma. The "reporting" system really should just be abolished. In fact, it's being abused when clans report players for "misbehavior in chat" and get players chat banned just because they don't like the way they play. Better to have a chat filter that automatically searches for certain phrases and keywords that chat abusers oftentimes use. 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 8
  • Boring 4

Members
3,783 posts
19 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

In a game just now, I was keeping a CL and a DD spotted. They had been a pain on our flank all game.  However a Yamato on our team thought I should be spotting for him in the other direction and pinged my position on the map for three solid minutes. After the game I noticed that his entire clan gave me negative karma. The "reporting" system really should just be abolished. In fact, it's being abused when clans report players for "misbehavior in chat" and get players chat banned just because they don't like the way they play. Better to have a chat filter that automatically searches for certain phrases and keywords that chat abusers oftentimes use. 

Lol you love chat bans dont you

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,152 battles

The system is definitely ripe for abuse ... personally I’d like the reason for a chat ban or loosing Karma and consequences for those that Abuse it

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,055 posts
14,116 battles

As far as I know, a single division of players is not enough to get the system to trigger loss of karma or chat privileges. The system will also not issue chat bans if you've literally not spoken in chat that game. Did you say something back to them? Something that would have gotten others to report you as well?

Members
1,219 posts
5,446 battles
34 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

What?  You drove a total a**hole to rage at you for three minutes?  Hell, I'd say job well done.  Take pride in that negative karma.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[NGAGE]
Members
3,108 posts
8,094 battles
4 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

As far as I know, a single division of players is not enough to get the system to trigger loss of karma or chat privileges. The system will also not issue chat bans if you've literally not spoken in chat that game. Did you say something back to them? Something that would have gotten others to report you as well?

This.

I have been watching to see if I get reported for months and never get reported. Games I do well in I always check the activity log and still never see anything.

I don't know what people do to get reported. Maybe I'm just lucky.

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
1,939 posts

Policing the abuse is an oxymoron of sorts....  All reporting is is another tool to "game" the process... 

Many corporations are actually monitoring games, real time, so that when a "report is initiated", the monitors can actually see the matches in real time....  If a team is "gang reporting", they are immediately called out and there are strict cause and effect penalties....  The corp doesn't monitor all games but, they can and will "drop the hammer" on "group related abuses...."   This all stems from toxic meritocracy many games have had evolve into events related outside of the game (SWATing and other abuses).....   I've had BB shoot at me because I wasn't doing what they wanted......  They were reported and I really would like to see WG install a "response to you incident" reply system.

Members
3,783 posts
12 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

The system is definitely ripe for abuse ... personally I’d like the reason for a chat ban or loosing Karma and consequences for those that Abuse it

The forums are too.  But the mods lock up the threads before you can say chat banned lol.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
8 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

I've never had a chat ban despite being more than a little salty, however I have many times been reported by divisions and taken multiple negative karma hits because I didn't play how they wanted the same as the OP.

Divisions should be matched against divisions and their average WR should be a consideration and not just dump them in and use solo players as fodder like it is now. This is particularly bad at T8+.

Just now, torpsRus said:

The forums are too.  But the mods lock up the threads before you can say chat banned lol.

They also just completely delete posts they don't agree with no explanation, warning, email follow, or anything. Censorship is ALWAYS wrong, it's why these forums are mostly a waste of time and probably why most people go to Reddit where they don't have the same level of control.

Edited by w4spl3g

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,903 battles
38 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Dude that hilarious last night when you were in your Gearing and me and my Div mate followed you into B behind the island and dared people to come take it from us. I was in the Mino he was in a Des.

• Funny 1

[-GPS-]
Members
2,717 posts
28,246 battles
13 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Yes, any 2 players reporting you causes a loss of 1Karma point. Doesn’t matter if they are in a division or not.

3 players => lose 2 points

All you have to do is say ANYTHING in chat and you can be reported for “Misbehavior in Chat”.  “Plz defend B” could do it. 

I lost 2 Karma points in a battle last week while playing Conqueror. I said nothing in chat. I did an OK 85k in Conqueror. I was NOT sniping from the back lines. I strongly suspect it was a division from a hotshot clan on the red team that didn’t like being set on fire repeatedly. 

My favorite is losing Karma when you have a helluva game, carry hard, and are top XP on the winning side.  Talk about sore losers.

However, you have to really try to get chat banned as far as I can tell.  I’ve expressed anger and frustration in very direct ways more often than I’d like to admit and I have never been chat banned. In fact my Karma is well over 100.

Please understand I’m NOT recommending bad behavior. 

Edited by Landing_Skipper
  • Cool 1

[HEROS]
Members
1,827 posts
5,826 battles
1 minute ago, Asym_KS said:

They were reported and I really would like to see WG install a "response to you incident" reply system.

WG has a response to your incident system in place. i'll see if I can find the canned statement, copy and paste it for you here. they care, too much about this, and it shows in their support responses.

"... action has been taken." 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
4,321 posts

Its amazing how many think they know better.  Was in my Arizona this week and everyone on my team lemming to the right of the map.  I spawned on the far left side, so I went and stayed left (would take me the entire game to get over there and leave the flank open).  The entire team yelled at me, despite keeping 4 DDs, 2 CL and 1 BB at bay for a good 4-5 minutes.  Of course as I sank I noticed my entire team had decided to retreat and head for the far right corner.  Sigh, they outnumbered their side 11 to 5 and couldn't do a thing.

• Cool 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I really enjoy the  Bad Emoji's here in the Forums.

I get a minimum of one every post{ My Stalker is so sweet to me }

As far as Karma goes It is and has ZERO meaning. { My Stalker could only wish  s/he could find me in game to share  the  love }

If Karma was not in game the Player "Blacklist" would grow to epic lengths, WG would be swamped with Screen shots of toxic personal messages from the port.

Karma is the BUFFER between hours of work plaguing the WG Staff and User Frustrations.

The Karma is not really designed for the Players but in fact the Cost reducer to WG.

The Mods here in the Forums are nothing more than  Karma. "Cost Reducers" Unpaid Workers

I have said many times WG places "Value" Far to high on the worthless.

• Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,676 posts
8,217 battles

i dislike the karma system, because it is at times, at its very worst, a sort of WG authorized bullying and harrassment. On the other hand, reporting a player allows others to vent their frustration in a less immediaely toxic manner, reducing in game salt.

The lesser of two evils?

(personally, I think WG should not be offering a players an officialized mechanism for bullying, upvotes/compliments yes, downvotes/reports; no/ The report mechanism is a slippery slope/)

• Boring 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
7,548 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

• th?id=OIP.fkYQHawIjOXQCPiKJmxhUgHaMM&pid  Snarg the systems been flawed since we started playing. I don't even look at that crap anymore.
  • Funny 1

[PSP]
Members
8,131 posts
3 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:
  • th?id=OIP.fkYQHawIjOXQCPiKJmxhUgHaMM&pid  

I never did like those furballs. I heard that they were only created because to would have been too expensive to make hundreds of chewbaca costumes. 

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
7,548 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

I never did like those furballs. I heard that they were only created because to would have been too expensive to make hundreds of chewbaca costumes. 

Not as bad as Jar-Jar Binks though

[VW]
Members
2,446 posts
14,318 battles

We and holidays are the worst. People will repor for anything. I get pos karma on weekdays, loose it all on we and start over next week.

[RLGN]
Members
10,112 posts
19,510 battles

Been chat banned at least twice that I recall. Once was likely justified, the other time was as several have mentioned; a serious ‘DA HECK?!?’ that could only be attributed to someone (or many someone’s,) being whiny about how I played my ship.

[HEROS]
Members
1,827 posts
5,826 battles

negative karma in WoWs has ruined my life.

my therapist, counselor, psychologist, psychiatrist, 13 step group coordinator, and parole officer have all encouraged me to stop posting, anything and everything. (this applies to the forum as well)

after trying it for hours worth of losses, caused by the crappy teams, I was forced to start again, by the rage building up inside. now the negative karma is strong with me.

I don't know what to do. every time I try to buy something, I can't because of negative karma.

every time I try to join a division, I can't because of negative karma.

every time I win a battle (3 times in the last week!!) I get less xp, credits and rewards because of negative karma.

please, WG, for the love of all that is good in world and WoWs, change the punitive crushing assault on those of us with negative karma.

thank you, spud

• Funny 1