Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DonKarnage2

ARP Ships

11 comments in this topic

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,813 battles

Nah, they ain't broken... but I do love me some Battlecruisers. First game of the day, today, ARP Kongo terrorized the reds to the tune of 6700+ XP (with bonus) and 270k+ Silver.

Cheers.

20180704_112104_PJSB705-Kongou_13_OC_new_dawn.wowsreplay

• Cool 2

Members
1,640 posts
3,603 battles

I've been playing all 4 of my ARP Kongos lately to power grind my Amagi captain to 19 points by taking advantage of the 200% first win bonus, so far so good but I really need to buy a high tier IJN premium because the Ishizuchi isn't cutting it

[S_B]
Members
423 posts
12,675 battles

I like to always play them with a ram flag for late battle chance of extra damage.

[PLAY]
[PLAY]
Members
95 posts
8,285 battles

I did not even remember how I won the ARP ships (Kongo plus her three sister ships, the Myoko and her sister ship). I had never heard of or watched the shows. I took one out and was instantly turned off by the shrill teenage female voice barking messages in Japanese. They stayed parked in my port for almost a year, until WG provided an english speaking commander. Then I began to take the Kongo out and as I studied her online and in the forums, watched videos and got used to her, I began to win battles and make money with her, to the point that she became my main grinding boat for over seven or eight months. I sold the other three Kongo class ships and Myoko's sister ship and even though I have picked up the HSF Graf for grinding coins and commander xp , I began to grind the IJN BB line. I have the Nagato now. I am really only interested in getting the Yamato. I am a die hard German BB player, as they fit my play style better. I have destroyed every tier IJN BB with my German BBs over the years.

Members
1,640 posts
3,603 battles

I kept all of the ARP ships, grinding first win bonuses really helps with captain training, especially since the Kongo's are fun ships. I was able to grind out a 17th skill point for my IJN captain during the 200% First Win XP event a couple weeks ago.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

My favourite thing about having all the Kongo and Myoko clones is that I can have multiple module Loadouts depending on the mission/playstyle I want. 

On top of it all I don't need to have the Mainline versions occupying a port slot and locking down a cmdr. 

Members
627 posts
4,973 battles

Heck I have 5 Kongo class battlecruisers, 5 Myoko class heavy cruisers, and two Takao class heavy cruisers, as well as two of nearly every one of the captains for them (except Iona, Chihaya Gunzo, Myoko (missed earning her the first time around, got her on the second), and the Yotarou version of Kirishima). As I like to joke, A significant portion of my fleet runs on Fleet of Fog AI's. I have yet to assign Iona or Gunzo to a ship (I don't even have a good reason why) although I've used Iona on one or two premium BBs for a short time. I try to run a different build on my duplicate ships, which is easier on the cruisers than the BBs.

Right now, Myoko (with the spare Nachi AI) is AA build, ARP Nachi is spotting/scout build (though not as much as I wish it could be, WG won't let us use the special upgrade modules on ARP ships, so that Hydro booster ended up on Hipper instead), ARP Ashigara is secondary build because reasons, ARP Myoko is a hybrid guns/AA setup, ARP Haguro is all about the fires. Atago (with a spare Haguro AI) is sort of a generalist/guns build, though it is incomplete and I' mainly training the capt, Takao is actually pretty much the same because I found that build to work well for me. As to the Kongos, Kongo has one of the bugged Kirishima captains and runs a main guns build,ARP Kirishima is secondaries with the Yotarou version of the capt, ARP Kongo is AA all the way, while currently ARP Haruna and ARP Hiei share the same main guns build, but I plan to differentiate them once the captains get trained up some more.

Of the Kongos, ARP Kirishima kind of stands out as the favorite, although it does make me wish that the manual secondaries skill actually had a noticeable effect at tiers less than 7, I finished grinding that skill out just recently for her and it really doesn't feel any more accurate and now the secondaries only fire at the target I designate ( yes, I know that's part of the skill, just listing it more to show it as a slight disadvantage at that tier). I still plan to keep the captain in this build as recently Kii's secondaries became actually worth looking into and I can simply swap captains (ARP Ashigara on Kii, by the way, full AA build and trained for Zao of all things) and one upgrade module and have a surprisingly good secondary build BB.

[UTWE]
Members
235 posts
3,215 battles

All I wanna know his how to turn those disgraceful abominations off. I've looked everywhere in settings and I can't find it.

Sign in to follow this