You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

PTS 7.7 starts Jul 5th, new players check it out, Narai back & more

36 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles

Hello all,

PTS 7.7 Round 1 starts tomorrow, Jul 5th and runs until morning  Mon Jul 9th.

For those new/old players looking to try out new lines, but are daunted at the cost, time, port slots and the like, hop onto the test server for a go. The XP to get a new ship is really low and you usually get thousands of PTS doubloons and hundreds of millions of PTS silver to buy ships and other stuff with on the PTS. You can quickly grind various ships in various lines. You can try out different captain builds. It is a great place to get a feel for the wider WoWs experience. Get stuff for the live server by playing the PTS.

Operation Narai is in testing! Get signals on the live server for getting 3+ stars in Narai and/or Raptor Rescue on the PTS. You get rewards for each.

Find out all the details you need to know about PTS 7.7, including rewards you can get on the live server, here in this article.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/public_test_077/

@Aephx, here is the next round of Play Test I was talking about a few weeks back.

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
7,383 posts
13,562 battles

Narai sweet, I hope they used Lady Fingers, Zebras or Black Cats on it and not M80s. Have a Patriotic Independence Day.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
13 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Yay I'm glad narai is coming back. 

5 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Narai back?

That is good news.

Well, back into testing for now. I would think it would go live again, but we will have to see how the testing goes.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,145 posts
6,627 battles

Thanks for the heads up. So soon?

Maybe if I get the 7500 XP out of the way fast, I can jump in and play the pittance worth of games needed to get the phase 1 live server rewards. But no extensive PTS play until I've nailed the Indy campaign.

Reckon on British DDs in 7.9 or 7.10, given that we've only just been given the stats and the ships aren't out in live test yet.

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Maybe if I get the 7500 XP out of the way fast, I can jump in and play the pittance worth of games needed to get the phase 1 live server rewards. But no extensive PTS play until I've nailed the Indy campaign.

Reckon on British DDs in 7.9 or 7.10, given that we've only just been given the stats and the ships aren't out in live test yet.

Seems likely for UK DDs to be around then. That would mean Septemberish to Octoberish for 7.9 & 7.10?

[WOLF5]
Members
578 posts
16,493 battles

From the developer diary, 7.7 will also see a new in game competition:  Go Navy.  This will hopefully get tested in part 2.  You get to choose a side (Sharks v. Eagles) similar to the Battle of Elements competition last year, but this time you get points for any game mode:

How do you earn points?

In Co-op and Random Battles, you score points for destroying enemy ships, winning battles, earning heroic achievements, and completing special combat missions. In operations, you earn points for each star received when your team wins. In Clan Battles, you just have to win.

Edited by HamptonRoads
  • Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,388 posts
3,895 battles

For testing Narai or Raptor Rescue?

I wonder if something changed with Raptor Rescue. It always was the most annoying tier 6 Operation.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,448 battles
12 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

I wonder if something changed with Raptor Rescue. It always was the most annoying tier 6 Operation.

Raptor will have 4 routes it can take now, and they've adjusted the enemy ship diversity.  We'll have to see if it was a change for the better or worse.

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
21 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

You get separate rewards for testing each one. I updated the first post.

7 minutes ago, Deno said:

Raptor will have 4 routes it can take now, and they've adjusted the enemy ship diversity.  We'll have to see if it was a change for the better or worse.

That will make it more variable. Shiny

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,388 posts
3,895 battles
26 minutes ago, Deno said:

Not sure if this is a good thing. I'd be less hesitant if there was something about enemy destroyers in there. Because most Raptor failures are due to destroyer torpedoes.

Allies either don't shoot them, or if they do the destroyer smokes up, goes invisible, and the only way to succeed is for someone fast enough to get in the way and die for the objective.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

[WOLF4]
Members
1,420 posts
3,155 battles

I dunno, WG wasn't too happy with how we treated Narai the first time around. Maybe they gave some of the boats railguns or some such. I'm looking forward to hearing what the changes are and how they impact the mission. It was a great XP mission, too good infact. Will be interesting.

[HINON]
Members
10,650 posts
1 minute ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I doubt we'll be able to farm it like we used to.

It was a bit over the top before but still hell of a lot of fun.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
65 posts
8,307 battles
1 hour ago, HamptonRoads said:

From the developer diary, 7.7 will also see a new in game competition:  Go Navy.  This will hopefully get tested in part 2.  You get to choose a side (Sharks v. Eagles) similar to the Battle of Elements competition last year, but this time you get points for any game mode:

How do you earn points?

In Co-op and Random Battles, you score points for destroying enemy ships, winning battles, earning heroic achievements, and completing special combat missions. In operations, you earn points for each star received when your team wins. In Clan Battles, you just have to win.

This looks pretty interesting.  Didn't get a chance to do much in the Fire and Water contest last year.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,758 posts
4,140 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah, that was my reaction.  Assuming a release target of 7/25 there are three weeks in which to PT.  Starting now gives them a free week in there somewhere.  Personally I wish they had left it until after this weekend, though that would make their schedule pretty tight.  There's enough excitement going on right now with my new Dallas and all these Daily Chains thingies.

Anyway, see you in Narai.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,758 posts
4,140 battles
43 minutes ago, HATTERS said:

still cant sign up for PTS so wont be trying it again for the 3rd time

Your first post so we haven't heard about your problem yet.

So what's the problem?

Beta Testers
304 posts
8,636 battles

I hope all of you realize that Narai will almost certainly have Ultimate Frontier level difficulty now. 

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
294 posts
12,756 battles
1 hour ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Not sure if this is a good thing. I'd be less hesitant if there was something about enemy destroyers in there. Because most Raptor failures are due to destroyer torpedoes.

Allies either don't shoot them, or if they do the destroyer smokes up, goes invisible, and the only way to succeed is for someone fast enough to get in the way and die for the objective.

The most egregious thing to see in that battle relating to destroyers,  is letting them sail right to 2km of the raptor to give a torp kiss.(one of the most infuriating things to see in OPs)

In the first few rotations of RR's release,  no one intercepts the mid map DDs about 70-80% of the time.  Almost guaranteeing mission failure..

So learning from those early experiences,  I always intercept them unless I really need a repair badly.  Because nobody else will and asking generally fails as well.  Because you get ignored, or people who may be willing are in poor position to respond.

Using cruisers, or my BBs like New Mex, Arizona,  they can intercept those DDs just fine.   You just have to learn and understand the map and spawns.  Again positioning so that you are able to contribute to the team during the cruiser attacks.  And continue on a course that allows you to disrupt the DD attacks later on.

My Arizona does fine intercepting them,   so no one on the team should be too slow to protect the Raptor CV at that critical point.

(trying to do this from memory,   you should be engaging the enemy DDs coming from the west at the 13:00 minute mark of the mission.  If you are the only defender,  really tough because of the 2dds and 3 cruisers focus firing on you.  Having 1 ship NW of that island in the middle of the map and 1 ship slightly SW to defend makes a big difference.)   There's a chance all this knowledge won't matter in the future..  oh well.    

Cheers,   PBoat.     

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,388 posts
3,895 battles
2 minutes ago, PtooieBoat said:

The most egregious thing to see in that battle relating to destroyers,  is letting them sail right to 2km of the raptor to give a torp kiss.(one of the most infuriating things to see in OPs)

In the first few rotations of RR's release,  no one intercepts the mid map DDs about 70-80% of the time.  Almost guaranteeing mission failure..

So learning from those early experiences,  I always intercept them unless I really need a repair badly.  Because nobody else will and asking generally fails as well.  Because you get ignored, or people who may be willing are in poor position to respond.

I usually run Ryujo in tier 6 Operations, and it's awfully hard to intercept and sink those destroyers with aircraft before they become a problem. I have to rely on teammates to deal with them, and did you know people love to ignore called out targets with F3? It's pretty infuriating.

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
294 posts
12,756 battles
2 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

I usually run Ryujo in tier 6 Operations, and it's awfully hard to intercept and sink those destroyers with aircraft before they become a problem. I have to rely on teammates to deal with them, and did you know people love to ignore called out targets with F3? It's pretty infuriating.

I've had those type of bad games.  At least they are rare. 

Using the Indy in the battle,  and being the closest ship to defend Raptor is sad.   No matter what you tell your teammates. they don't listen.