Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PFCWilliams

So this game is a complete joke afterall

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
29 posts
647 battles

Tier 8 cruisers shooting AP into tier 8 BB North Carolina, full pen after full pen, while angled, 75% health gone in 30 seconds.  

 

This game is a joke and cruisers are the most OP class in any game I have ever played over the past 30 years.    Its not even an argument. 

 

The only game that even came close to such OP classes is World of Warcraft.  But when they had buffed a class too much it was nerfed within days to a couple weeks.  Their was a time when Retribution Paladins were way over buffed at the release of Wrath of the Lich King, you tapped 4 spells and killed any other class, and it was nerfed within 2 weeks. 

Edited by PFCWilliams
  • Funny 6
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[-KAK-]
Members
98 posts
4,244 battles

Maybe it was your superstructure? That or you weren't as angled as you thought you were.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
268
[WOLFA]
Members
628 posts
4,206 battles

He was probably hitting your super structure.

 

Can't be any worse than taking a single shell from a Colorado in my Dallas and losing 3/4 of my health.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,953
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,368 posts
3,895 battles

Note he doesn't mention how many cruisers were shooting him, and indicates he lost 3/4ths of his health in 30 seconds.

 

Or even what cruisers were doing the shooting.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
590
[PVE]
Members
826 posts
10,920 battles

With the cruiser-fest going on you have to find new ways to play tier 8+. BB's have to hang back slightly behind other cruisers and do not push without support.

DD's have to wait to start capping if alone and only do so after being sure that no radar ships are around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,783 posts
9 minutes ago, PFCWilliams said:

Tier 8 cruisers shooting AP into tier 8 BB North Carolina, full pen after full pen, while angled, 75% health gone in 30 seconds.  

 

This game is a joke and cruisers are the most OP class in any game I have ever played over the past 30 years.    Its not even an argument. 

 

The only game that even came close to such OP classes is World of Warcraft.  But when they had buffed a class too much it was nerfed within days to a couple weeks.  Their was a time when Retribution Paladins were way over buffed at the release of Wrath of the Lich King, you tapped 4 spells and killed any other class, and it was nerfed within 2 weeks. 

Wow man way to troll the forums.  Sad.  You want to uninstall go ahead uninstall we will not miss you.  By the way reported.

Clutch Move In Before The Lock GIF - ClutchMove InBeforeTheLock GIFs
 
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,550
[WOLF7]
Members
11,334 posts
4 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Note he doesn't mention how many cruisers were shooting him, and indicates he lost 3/4ths of his health in 30 seconds.

 

Or even what cruisers were doing the shooting.

491 battles, tier 8 ship.....the math seems to speak for itself....:fish_boom:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,913
[ARGSY]
Members
10,126 posts
6,607 battles
Just now, KiyoSenkan said:

Note he doesn't mention how many cruisers were shooting him, and indicates he lost 3/4ths of his health in 30 seconds.

 

Or even what cruisers were doing the shooting.

Agreed. The range is also not mentioned. 

You do know how the Hiei was destroyed, don't you? Riddled with cruiser gunfire at knife-fighting distance, finished as a fighting ship and then tidied up by bombers. IRL, at very close range, 8-inch will penetrate battleship belt armour while 5-inch will wreck superstructure, cut fire-control data cables, etc. It's part of the reason why battleship turrets have their own rangefinders; they also often had a first-generation mechanical fire-control system to substitute for the central FCS if that got knocked out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,913
[ARGSY]
Members
10,126 posts
6,607 battles
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

491 battles, tier 8 ship.....the math seems to speak for itself....:fish_boom:

Can you even GET to the NC in that few battles? Maybe if you concentrate on US battleships to the exclusion of all else?

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,083
[TBW]
Members
7,380 posts
13,543 battles

Pay no attention, he's new he'll adjust or go the way of the Dodo. If you are at distance plunging fire can hit pretty hard, If you are close Low arc shells have good hull penetration, especially through the bow and stern. What do you think OP that Cruisers should not be able to hurt BBs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,953
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,368 posts
3,895 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You do know how the Hiei was destroyed, don't you? Riddled with cruiser gunfire at knife-fighting distance, finished as a fighting ship and then tidied up by bombers. IRL, at very close range, 8-inch will penetrate battleship belt armour while 5-inch will wreck superstructure, cut fire-control data cables, etc. It's part of the reason why battleship turrets have their own rangefinders; they also often had a first-generation mechanical fire-control system to substitute for the central FCS if that got knocked out.

A) I'm not supporting the OP's insistence that being shot up by cruisers shouldn't happen

B) Realism has no place in this game, so put that argument in the garbage where it belongs

C) I'm only interested in the gameplay mechanics that could have lead to a tier 8 battleship losing 75% of its health in 30 seconds. Which logically leads me to believe it's 3 or 4 light cruisers, likely including Edinburgh (powerful AP) and Mogami (A crapload of guns).

D) In which case the OP has no right to complain about being sunk by focus fire from 3-4 opponents. He should understand that a battleship doesn't get to be immune from damage.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,783 posts
14 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Note he doesn't mention how many cruisers were shooting him, and indicates he lost 3/4ths of his health in 30 seconds.

 

Or even what cruisers were doing the shooting.

Ive lost so many battles been beaned by cruisers been beaned by cvs and dds but I've never sat back and cried about it lol.  Not to mention the countless number of lost matches.

Edited by torpsRus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
29 posts
647 battles
9 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Replay?  :cap_tea:

So I have to download a seperate package to get replays??  Why isnt it built in like WoT and turned on automatically? 

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/19060/

 

Quote

Can you even GET to the NC in that few battles? Maybe if you concentrate on US battleships to the exclusion of all else?

Playing mostly BB, but I was also doing Japanese DD up to Fubuki, and I am now obviously working US cruisers, currently on Omaha.  Have you used economy signals lately? 

 

Quote

491 battles, tier 8 ship.....the math seems to speak for itself....

That  is more than enough to know. 

Edited by PFCWilliams
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,913
[ARGSY]
Members
10,126 posts
6,607 battles
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

I'm only interested in the gameplay mechanics that could have lead to a tier 8 battleship losing 75% of its health in 30 seconds. Which logically leads me to believe it's 3 or 4 light cruisers, likely including Edinburgh (powerful AP) and Mogami (A crapload of guns).

In this case, gameplay mirrors reality. Short-mid range cruiser AP is nasty, and yes, a really good Edinburgh salvo can lop off 8K-9K in one chunk. Doesn't take too much of that from multiple opponents to do you in, especially since whoever you don't have your guns trained at has free rein to refine their aim and really go on pounding you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
362
[WOLF6]
Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Can you even GET to the NC in that few battles? Maybe if you concentrate on US battleships to the exclusion of all else?

He's been playing for 30 years, so I bet you can if you're around that long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,913
[ARGSY]
Members
10,126 posts
6,607 battles
1 minute ago, PFCWilliams said:

So I have to download a seperate package to get replays?? 

No, you don't. Follow the instructions below, which I managed to do as a total :etc_swear: noob.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,913
[ARGSY]
Members
10,126 posts
6,607 battles
Just now, STINKWEED_ said:

You were playing WOWS in 1988?  

Man, I would have loved this game as a teenager. Hell, this is the computer game I've been waiting for since I was about ten years old.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,713
[PVE]
Members
14,929 posts
9,472 battles
22 minutes ago, PFCWilliams said:

Tier 8 cruisers shooting AP into tier 8 BB North Carolina, full pen after full pen, while angled, 75% health gone in 30 seconds.  

 

This game is a joke and cruisers are the most OP class in any game I have ever played over the past 30 years.    Its not even an argument. 

 

The only game that even came close to such OP classes is World of Warcraft.  But when they had buffed a class too much it was nerfed within days to a couple weeks.  Their was a time when Retribution Paladins were way over buffed at the release of Wrath of the Lich King, you tapped 4 spells and killed any other class, and it was nerfed within 2 weeks. 

I would suggest more low tier PvP play and some high tier co-op play. Use co-op to practice tactics for PvP. Angling, getting used to shooting at ships that are moving at angles, proper DC use and all the rest. If you watch a video and see some new tactic, then try it out in co-op for a bit to get it down, before hoping into PvP, especially high tier PvP. Random battles tend to punish mistakes hard and co-op is a little more forgiving when learning something new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,029
[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,888 posts
2,810 battles
24 minutes ago, PFCWilliams said:

Tier 8 cruisers shooting AP into tier 8 BB North Carolina, full pen after full pen, while angled, 75% health gone in 30 seconds.  

 

This game is a joke and cruisers are the most OP class in any game I have ever played over the past 30 years.    Its not even an argument. 

 

The only game that even came close to such OP classes is World of Warcraft.  But when they had buffed a class too much it was nerfed within days to a couple weeks.  Their was a time when Retribution Paladins were way over buffed at the release of Wrath of the Lich King, you tapped 4 spells and killed any other class, and it was nerfed within 2 weeks. 

US Navy heavy cruisers have improved autobounce angles, and super heavy shells, and Baltimore on up have very good rates of fire.  Your angling needs to be more extreme against those ships.  North Carolina is also not particularly well armored.  She is no Bismarck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×