Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
monpetitloup

Proof afk in random doesnt matter

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

635
[VW]
Members
2,420 posts
14,222 battles

i didnt even carry hard, and missed quite a few shots. managed to land the kill shots though. afk in randoms dont matter, except perhaps cv, but even thenn just takes more coordination/carrying. and yes, this is a large enough sample size to draw conclusions!

image.thumb.png.3ce37ceaeb6b397f97ddcd3e38311d07.png

 

shot-18.07.03_18.13.36-0785.jpg

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,220
[YORHA]
Members
4,006 posts
6,966 battles

Yup.  One tier VI game.

 

Well.... I'm convinced.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,913
[ARGSY]
Members
10,126 posts
6,607 battles

It very much depends on the ship. Losing one of four destroyers isn't critical if the cruisers can take out at least one enemy DD early; losing one of several BB isn't critical if the enemy potatoes or you have a CV or DD driver who gets lucky early on a too-pushy battleship captain. Losing one carrier can be compensated at Tier 4 (especially if you have a Texas or similar T4/5 AA monster on your team) but VERY bad if it's a two-carrier-a-side game with T5 and T6 carriers and the one that goes AFK is your T6. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
635
[VW]
Members
2,420 posts
14,222 battles
Just now, JCC45 said:

Yup.  One tier VI game.

 

Well.... I'm convinced.

 

Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It very much depends on the ship. Losing one of four destroyers isn't critical if the cruisers can take out at least one enemy DD early; losing one of several BB isn't critical if the enemy potatoes or you have a CV or DD driver who gets lucky early on a too-pushy battleship captain. Losing one carrier can be compensated at Tier 4 (especially if you have a Texas or similar T4/5 AA monster on your team) but VERY bad if it's a two-carrier-a-side game with T5 and T6 carriers and the one that goes AFK is your T6. 

the tier doesnt matter. how many top tier ships just derp around in back, tell yourself the afk is guarding the base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,083
[TBW]
Members
7,380 posts
13,543 battles

Of course AFK doesn't matter or an AFK ship could never get Solo Warrior Achievements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
635
[VW]
Members
2,420 posts
14,222 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

Of course AFK doesn't matter or an AFK ship could never get Solo Warrior Achievements.

that's true, it happens every time theres an afk in any match...:cap_wander:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,083
[TBW]
Members
7,380 posts
13,543 battles
2 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

that's true, it happens every time theres an afk in any match...:cap_wander:

It happens more often than you would think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
29 posts
647 battles

It's Wargamings  matchmaking system. 

Its the same in World of Tanks.  These ridiculous teams are formed, one side is very good, the other side is very bad.  And the good team steam rolls the bad team without even trying.  I have been in hundreds of matches in World of Tanks playing a slow heavy tank and can barely keep up with the lighter mediums and light tanks who are ripping the enemy to pieces and we win 15-0, 14-1.  And the same thing happens to me, being on a bad team and half the team is dead in less than a minute and not one enemy tank is dead or barely scratched. 

  • Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
126
[-THOR]
Members
171 posts
2,326 battles

It's a Nurnberg.  If the guy was actually playing, chances are he would have rushed into cap and been deleted by a couple of salvos from BBs anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
635
[VW]
Members
2,420 posts
14,222 battles

here's a top tier hotlanta finishing bottom in a match. the guy was not technically afk, but he contributed as much. it doesnt matter. play well enough bottom 5 players dont make much influence.

 

image.thumb.png.7e4b2bc6f7ce65208323b395194b0eb1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,220
[YORHA]
Members
4,006 posts
6,966 battles

Bottom five players fill the role as shell bait, leaving the better players to play the objectives.  An AFK sits still in spawn and takes most of the game to be discovered (unless there is a CV).  Shell bait players tend to move around and get spotted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,733
[SQUAD]
Members
7,986 posts
8,369 battles

Wrong. Just because an AFK gets carried doesn't mean it doesn't matter. I've had multiple AFK on a team, and still won. The team just got lucky that the other 9 players were really good, and even more lucky the red team was really bad. I've also lost to a team with 3 afk's(Sad, I know, I brought shame upon my clan that day).

 

AFK's are bad, you have no idea initially what kind of players the entire red team, or your team for that matter, is composed of. Being down at least one ship at the start can be, and usually is, a serious disadvantage.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,733
[SQUAD]
Members
7,986 posts
8,369 battles
49 minutes ago, prevans said:

It's a Nurnberg.  If the guy was actually playing, chances are he would have rushed into cap and been deleted by a couple of salvos from BBs anyway.

Nurn and Makarov def have to be played very carefully. Epicenter is actually a really good mode for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
380
[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,391 posts
68 battles

If WG doesn't rig the match maker it is impressive. I'm 0 for 10 today even after taking breaks. Win the team doesn't magically collapse right away they throw away the win. The best was the negative karma for not rushing to the front line with a Henri IV. :cap_win:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
635
[VW]
Members
2,420 posts
14,222 battles

heres one where both tier 9 top tier bbs are bottom of the list, a tier 7 second with 140k in a doy, and the only reason we lost is because the dd decided to chase a miz while smoking in his radar range instead of capping the last cap they had to stop thier points. a better understanding of the game mechanics would have won it despite the derpiness of the top tier bbs. agian they were not technically afk, but contributed nothing.

image.thumb.png.3578fb3f9812662fcd3f498fd3a0c54b.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
19 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

i didnt even carry hard, and missed quite a few shots. managed to land the kill shots though. afk in randoms dont matter, except perhaps cv, but even thenn just takes more coordination/carrying. and yes, this is a large enough sample size to draw conclusions!

 

The whole premise of your theory is incorrect. Having a single AFK player makes the game a handicap match to begin with, 12 vs 11is going to be harder then 12v12 every time. It doesn't mean you can not win games with an AFK player n your team, just that it will be harder then normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
635
[VW]
Members
2,420 posts
14,222 battles
Just now, Belthorian said:

The whole premise of your theory is incorrect. Having a single AFK player makes the game a handicap match to begin with, 12 vs 11is going to be harder then 12v12 every time. It doesn't mean you can not win games with an AFK player n your team, just that it will be harder then normal.

i dont think that's true in random given the mass derpery. the mass prevalence of people who dont know what they're doing at all tiers makes it irrelevant if there is one player who is actually afk or present but useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,384
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,497 posts
14,616 battles
20 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Of course AFK doesn't matter or an AFK ship could never get Solo Warrior Achievements.

Or get a kill with secondaries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
3 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

i dont think that's true in random given the mass derpery. the mass prevalence of people who dont know what they're doing at all tiers makes it irrelevant if there is one player who is actually afk or present but useless.

lol yeah but if that AFK player was someone like me because of some real life issues, different story. The funny thing is I have been playing this game since closed beta and do not have a single AFK battle. I don't understand how it happens.

Edited by Belthorian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
551
[TOG]
Members
3,408 posts
17,664 battles

AFK's are really a handicap since the tm's possible DPM is lower than the red's. It's worse if it's a DD since no spotting is being done. so try being in a match with 1 less dd and say it don't matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
635
[VW]
Members
2,420 posts
14,222 battles
2 hours ago, Belthorian said:

lol yeah but if that AFK player was someone like me because of some real life issues, different story. The funny thing is I have been playing this game since closed beta and do not have a single AFK battle. I don't understand how it happens.

I agree with you there and admit my premise is that one should consider oneself to be the best player on the team in order to overcome the adversity. I also assume those who are talented are not the ones afk!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
635
[VW]
Members
2,420 posts
14,222 battles
2 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

AFK's are really a handicap since the tm's possible DPM is lower than the red's. It's worse if it's a DD since no spotting is being done. so try being in a match with 1 less dd and say it don't matter.

I assume that would have been the dd that yolos into torps as soon as the match starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,944 posts
7,332 battles
On 7/4/2018 at 12:28 PM, monpetitloup said:

i didnt even carry hard, and missed quite a few shots. managed to land the kill shots though. afk in randoms dont matter, except perhaps cv, but even thenn just takes more coordination/carrying. and yes, this is a large enough sample size to draw conclusions!

image.thumb.png.3ce37ceaeb6b397f97ddcd3e38311d07.png

 

shot-18.07.03_18.13.36-0785.jpg

look at those scores.

 

their top player was the only decent player on their team.  everyone else, up to and including their 2nd best player was worse than your bottom player and the afk.

 

even the skill levels of those two teams up a bit and that afk will matter.

 

this match proves nothing except that a team full of mental cripples can't compete with even a couple halfway competent players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,944 posts
7,332 battles
On 7/4/2018 at 1:10 PM, PFCWilliams said:

It's Wargamings  matchmaking system. 

Its the same in World of Tanks.  These ridiculous teams are formed, one side is very good, the other side is very bad.  And the good team steam rolls the bad team without even trying.  I have been in hundreds of matches in World of Tanks playing a slow heavy tank and can barely keep up with the lighter mediums and light tanks who are ripping the enemy to pieces and we win 15-0, 14-1.  And the same thing happens to me, being on a bad team and half the team is dead in less than a minute and not one enemy tank is dead or barely scratched. 

this man speaketh the truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
35 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

I assume that would have been the dd that yolos into torps as soon as the match starts.

lol I do not play DD's although I am going to start to learn but I see it EVERY game and can't figure out why. Your entire team goes to A & B, that lone DD player goes to C and invariably runs into 3 ships and gets killed. That or the DD races out in front of his team to get into A and not he is 10k in front. He runs into a DD and a radar cruiser in A and is dead because his team is too far away to support him. Like I said I see it almost every game and I can't figure out why it still happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×