Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

Noob question on how prem ships work

8 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
505 posts
5,633 battles

I'm curious what the benefit is of exp with prem ships. I get how the exp will go to the commander, but the ship exp is what I'm most curious about. I'm WoT you can lock out so all the exp goes tho the crew instead of the ship (tank) - but that doesn't seem too be the case here, and since you can't upgrade modules with exp, what's the value of it? Is it just something you need to spend doubloons to unlock and use it as free exp?

Edited by TheArc

[FORM]
Members
505 posts
5,633 battles

Well, that definitely diminishes the prem value. :-\

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,455 posts
4,369 battles

You mean the Elite Exp? Yes, you do need doubloons to convert them to FXP, in order to use them for anything, but that's actually the whole point of such system. WG wants you to buy more doubloons for accessing the Elite Exp. Remember, they're a business in it for the money... but least you're not forced to buy any doubloons and just grind for the FXP if you choose to.

The real value of Premium ships, if you ask me, is the hidden, built-in modifiers for credit, and the ability to put any captain of corresponding nation without the re-training cost. Plus, some Premium ships do come with certain EXP modifying boost on their camo, so they still have some value in that regard.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
5,003 posts
11,226 battles

Premium ships have + credit and/or + Free XP modifiers.  As stated above, the real value is using tech tree ship captains when playing premium ships to increase their captain XP faster.  Plus, many premium ships have something unique about their play style that makes them interesting, fun, or challenging.

[FORM]
Members
505 posts
5,633 battles

I hear ya guys. It is just a small limitation that doesn't exist in WoT and it does limit the value of getting a premium ship. Last week I bought one the larger Mass package, and already used 2500g to buy a month of prem, but the idea of using doubloons for exp seems wasteful to me and though I can see the credit bonus value being more important at higher tiers (to help buy the more expensive ships,) I'm still working my way up at a level that I don't "need" to grind up credits yet.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
7,383 posts
13,562 battles
8 minutes ago, TheArc said:

but the idea of using doubloons for exp seems wasteful to me

You find yourself with company, at least at the current conversion rate. I would be tempted if they added a Zero, 1 doubloon to 250 FXP, which would make the free XP ships too cheap. The same goes for doubloons to credits which is even a worse rate, to me any way.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SVF]
Members
205 posts
12,990 battles
3 hours ago, TheArc said:

I'm curious what the benefit is of exp with prem ships. I get how the exp will go to the commander, but the ship exp is what I'm most curious about. I'm WoT you can lock out so all the exp goes tho the crew instead of the ship (tank) - but that doesn't seem too be the case here, and since you can't upgrade modules with exp, what's the value of it? Is it just something you need to spend doubloons to unlock and use it as free exp?

Every match you play you get free xp. It is normally 1/10 of the normal you get from a match, which of course can be boosted by consumables. Premiums tend to be good xp farming vehicles because they tend to have built in advantages to earn more xp. Also you can easily put in a better captain into the boat to get that last little bit of performance to get more out of the match.

Sign in to follow this