Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Most overrated ship in WOW's?

31 comments in this topic

Members
332 posts
6,903 battles

Not rally an easy question but what ship do you find the most overrated in the game? Typically this will be one that's high on a lot of people's list but you have always had a Meh reaction too. Mine would be the Alabama. 

[PNP]
Members
397 posts
3,227 battles

Minotaur. It has the impression where you would just pop smoke and rain AP all over the place and farm easy damage. 

Soooo often I see them get outright deleted or get torped while sitting in smoke. Majority of those incidents early into the game.

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles

My near 40%WR in the Guilio C says that it is a BB that I just plain dont understand. I think i even had a loss in coop with it.

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles

Also congrats OP...

I havent ever seen that many duplicate posts ever!

• Funny 1

[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,654 battles

Massachusetts. I only have an 81% wr in her

• Boring 1

[KAPPA]
Members
715 posts
5,649 battles

Khab? Belfast, maybe? Asashio, perhaps? There are many ships that bring the salt, but few actually feel properly OP. OP in the right hands, perhaps, but not on average.

If I had to pick one, I suppose I'd decline and instead say radar ships in general. I just don't get the radar hate no matter what DD I use. If I get spotted, it's my fault completely.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
401 posts
3,320 battles

Asashio.  It never really fit in with me.  Like wearing heels and a sundress in a blizzard, it always felt as if I was bringing the wrong gear for the situation. The long-lance torps were pretty much useless most of the time, since I mostly went up against CAs and other DDs whenever I took it out for a spin.

So, it sits in port now with all the mods stripped out, and with a placeholder captain in the chair. I can't even be bothered to take it to randoms just troll people with.

• Funny 1

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,271 posts
7,214 battles

Missouri. Some people swear upon it‘s power, and how stupidly strong it‘s supposed to be. But I just never clicked with her. And then people say that they prefer Missouri over Musashi, and I feel completely the other way around, Musashi is imo so much better.

[_-_]
Members
1,764 posts

Not sure if any are actually overrated, just some have well-deserved reputations of being very effective in the right hands. So, sometimes a true potato (like myself) gets one that they can't make work and be all like "wth ???! They said this was the Master Blaster!"

Take the Des Moines, for example. Arguably the best gun cruiser in the game, and I'm a cruiser driver, but I just can't make the darn thing work. Overrated? Nah, just me being lame.

OTOH, I can absolutely rock the Kutuzov, even post smoke nerf, while some folks complained when it was for sale  "I wasted $$$ on a broken bote!".

With new botes coming out all the time with the attending hype, it's easy to have great expectations.

Best to let the dust settle and then parse the forums, wikis, and stats for the whole story.

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
437 posts
7,510 battles

Ranger.

Everybody and their mother always going on about how amazing that ship is. Taking out Saipans like they were baby seals just waking up, Kaga's getting their planes torn to shreds left and right, dropping bombs on ships with such accuracy that you'd think they were laser guided. And they even have torpedo planes!

I tell ya', it sounded like the most badass ship in the game.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,209 posts
14,352 battles
3 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Not rally an easy question but what ship do you find the most overrated in the game? Typically this will be one that's high on a lot of people's list but you have always had a Meh reaction too. Mine would be the Alabama. 

Toss up between Belfast (give me a Fiji any day) and Giulio Cesare (a pretty weak T5 BB).

[ADOPT]
Members
25 posts
2,865 battles
19 minutes ago, Levits said:

Ranger.

Everybody and their mother always going on about how amazing that ship is. Taking out Saipans like they were baby seals just waking up, Kaga's getting their planes torn to shreds left and right, dropping bombs on ships with such accuracy that you'd think they were laser guided. And they even have torpedo planes!

I tell ya', it sounded like the most badass ship in the game.

I don't know who says that, IMO its the worst CV in the US line and by far the worst CV at 7, maybe in the old days before you couldn't pick your load out. The biggest thing is dealing with other cv's fighters and they strafe escape while the second squad then strafes your fighters.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,480 posts
6,103 battles

There are some good candidates in this thread (although Giulio Ceasare is amazing!). I’ll bring up a pet peeve ship of mine....

Lyon

Everybody gets excited about the 16 guns.   Too bad you don’t get any more hits than an 8 or 10 Gun ship because they scatter so badly.   Plus you have to show a LOT of broadside to use them, forcing you to hang back where your dispersion is even worse.

This ship is a huge step down from the excellent Normandie.  I finally just free xp’d  past it.

[VW]
Members
2,446 posts
14,318 battles

new cleveland. any ship is awesome with a 19pt commander, but when you need one just to make it work, that's a trashbote.

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
2,446 posts
14,318 battles
Just now, fang_cloudeye said:

The Black Swan.

this little one is awesome. none of the other tier 1 can shoot ap anymore, so this thing prints cits. also if you have a 6pt commander it rocks. imagine with an even higher one lol!

• Cool 1

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertester
4,369 posts
6,407 battles

Khabarovsk.  It's a pure HE spammer at a tier where there are far better HE spammers.

*Not to mention it's a fairly one dimensional HE spammer.  Why bother setting BBs on fire with a Khab, when you can better set them on fire with a Conqueror (or a proper cruiser) while also dev striking cruisers with AP?  

Edited by yashma

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,505 posts
4,404 battles
1 hour ago, cometguy said:

Yamato. Still come across people who speak of it in hushed tones. 

And I would also add Musashi.

Both ships are touted as some monstrous floating fortress with "lol overpen" guns... but both have that cheek weakness that allows a lot of ships to citadel them so easily.

Edited by Blorgh2017

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
5 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Conqueror.

[4HIM]
Members
2,225 posts
6,552 battles
4 hours ago, Woofship said:

Any that I'm currently sailing :Smile_hiding:

Ninja'd.  That was going to be my reply as well.  

Sign in to follow this