You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ReddNekk

My fellow Americans!

61 comments in this topic

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

Tomorrow, on Independence Day, please saddle up on your American ships! make 'em look good too. Show off your pride in being AMERICAN!

Edited by ReddNekk
  • Cool 10

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

One of my favorite J.P. Sousa Marches:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles
Just now, RedSeaBear said:

KRJEitB.gif

Supertester
3,005 posts
10,086 battles

I do have the "Stars and Stripes" camo, but I didn't want to throw it on her. I also have the Arizona, but alas, I couldn't bring myself to use her. Why?

Cause the New Mex has been so good to me these past few years I would feel horrible not giving her the respect she deserves. So here she is, perma-camo bought when they first released it and all.

5b3c5e977b6a9_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_07.03-22_23_52_80.thumb.png.2aefa93c07090324538da082b8d24c10.png

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles

Texas in her special 'Murika camo. 

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,592 posts
12,334 battles

I'm ready for it

yammy.png

• Funny 2

Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles

I'm not American, far from being an American, but I'll be playing the Helena because it's a good ship. :)) From 5-8 July there will be missions requiring Helena, so I guess she'll finally start getting some more love. Now on WoWS Numbers it says 1,039 battles have been played in her. Come on! Bring those numbers down! Lol. I know I deserve more than a 1100-ish PR when averaging 58k damage. :))

Since tomorrow is Independence Day, don't you think.... that in a way, you should play the French anthem as well? :)) Just saying.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

[WOLF9]
Members
8,830 posts
4,180 battles
23 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

He really said that? Lol. Must be a joke.

Yes, it was.  He was doing a level test for the setup before one of his speeches.  Naturally the news media preserved it and used it against him as proof that he was a warmonger.

The Gipper had an extraordinary sense of humor, as does our current CiC, though the latter is not as refined about it.  But a joke is a joke, whether or not some lack any sense of humor.

[REVY]
Members
6,143 posts
5,158 battles
22 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

An interesting fact I learned a week ago is that the Department of Defense was actually called the Department of War until 1947. 

Cheap branding tactic.  The United States hasn't been invaded since 1916.  So much of national "defence" spending is spent on the offence.

[MWM]
Supertester
293 posts
4,943 battles
3 hours ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

Thanks for the reminder not to play on that day! The baddies will be out in full swing wearing their circus outfit camos.

Poor little troll.

• Cool 2

[V-MF]
Members
64 posts
23 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

An interesting fact I learned a week ago is that the Department of Defense was actually called the Department of War until 1947. 

The Department of Defense is combination of War and Navy departments, consolidated in 1947. Before this, Navy had own department, War Dept. was Army.

• Cool 1

Members
3 posts
23 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Cheap branding tactic.  The United States hasn't been invaded since 1916.  So much of national "defence" spending is spent on the offence.

You're right. The US should have just let the Kaiser, Hitler, Tojo, and Mussolini have their way.

• Cool 1

[_-_]
Members
1,764 posts
4 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Tomorrow, on Independence Day, please saddle up on your American ships! make 'em look good too. Show off your pride in being AMERICAN!

Helena.thumb.jpg.64fff8536036cb99fc0d572be004938c.jpg

Not real big on flashy camos, but I will definitely have the Helena in action today.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
6,143 posts
5,158 battles
22 minutes ago, Furui_Funanori said:

You're right. The US should have just let the Kaiser, Hitler, Tojo, and Mussolini have their way.

We fought those guys with the aptly named The United States Department of War.  We didn't try to hide what America stood for back then.  Changing the name to "Department of Defence" would not have defeated Hitler any faster, if anything it would have hurt the war effort.

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 1

[_-_]
Members
1,764 posts
26 minutes ago, Sventex said:

We fought those guys with the aptly named The United States Department of War.  We didn't try to hide what America stood for back then.  Changing the name to "Department of Defence" would not have defeated Hitler any faster, if anything it would have hurt the war effort.

As noted above, the name was not changed. DoD was an entirely new entity created in 1947 from combining the War (Army), Navy, and the newly independent Air Force departments.

Might want to get your facts straight before you go trolling.

Edited by TF77
Content revision

[REVY]
Members
6,143 posts
5,158 battles
Just now, TF77 said:

As noted above, the name was not changed. DoD was an entirely new entity created from combining the War (Army), Navy, and the newly independent Air Force.

Might want to get your facts straight before you go trolling.

The DoD was formed in 1947 while Furui Funanori somehow thinks this involves the Kaiser.  Pick your battles better.