Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dostovel

NA Server Lag/Ping Spike

15 comments in this topic

[P1MP]
Members
79 posts
7,178 battles

I've ran into many people lately that have had worse and worse spikes/freezing during the game and it really makes it a mother ******* trying to get off good shots, knife fight, dodge torps and islands etc....  I have 300mb internet now for the past few months and had slow [edited]Centurylink 20mb internet before that and never had issues 6 months back on slower internet.  Something needs to happen since this is a multiplayer game and relies on efficiency.

It's quite crap I hope something gets better I mean if WG is getting cheap and going BK fine but don't put the game on crap2002 Diablo 2 servers

10712324_hi.jpg

Edited by Dostovel
  • Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[WOLFB]
Members
600 posts
4,871 battles

I too was having a lot of lagging this evening. Like 15+ times in a co-op battle where the screen froze for about a second or more. Not fun.

It could have been my computer - maybe the RAM or CPU were maxed out. But I really don't think so.

The Ping stayed at around 35 Ms the whole time though, so I don't know what it was.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,360 posts
5,719 battles

Same here.  I played cherry blossom twice this evening. First time lag between clicking and shot was a good 10 seconds, and eventually crashed my client.  Second game it happened again twice.  Thought it was my internet but maybe not. 

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
72 posts
2,041 battles

I'm not on wireless and usually have no problems with this.  It's been happening every game since the last two updates hit.

[P1MP]
Members
79 posts
7,178 battles

I'm on wireless about 20 feet from the modem/router which being wireless has never mattered before so I just find it odd,

[-SYN-]
Members
535 posts
2,302 battles

I have had issues with the same thing. The game takes some time to open when logging in.

Members
116 posts
4,335 battles

Same here. I use a wireless connection but have had very little trouble with this prior to the last two updates. The most recent update seems to be the worst yet.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,065 posts
14,805 battles

Ditto, but it's been several weeks of lag/latency and disconnections almost every game. I've checked everything and it's def not on my end. 

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

You guys would die on my connection. 

Used to play with 110ms ping, got new provider, down to 35ms. Nice.

Then when WOWS had that framerates issue this spring I have had bouncy ping, lag, ect. Not blaming WoWs, but it's been garbage for 4 months after being rock solid at 35ms for a year.

Last couple weeks have been better though, so who f'n knows.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

Same, last 2 or 3 weeks my ping has been ~100-150 instead of 30-40 like it was before.

[P1MP]
Members
79 posts
7,178 battles

Well I hate that it's a common issue and a lot of us are suffering but I'm glad it's not an issue on my end lol

Sign in to follow this