You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Valas1

Incredible luck? Or something else?

17 comments in this topic

Members
393 posts
6,788 battles

I just completed Stage 2 of the new "Hit Hard, Hit Fast" campaign and the reward was two Super Containers.  I normally have zero luck with those containers, getting stuff like Spotting Aircraft mods or my personal favorite, several large stacks of the "Die Hard" ramming flag. I open the first one, just hoping for something useful like camo or consumables, or some detonation flags.  The little sparks fly, it drops open, and there is a Perth with a 10 pt captain.  I have never gotten a ship from a Super Container, ever. Holiday boxes yes, but not the normal ones.  Was pretty happy with that, even called my kid in to rub it in a little lol.  So while the kid is watching, I click on the second crate, and another ship...the Huanghe.  Kid storms out of the room in disgust.  Now I am wondering, was this just blind dumb luck? Or have others gotten similar drops from their crates? I can see myself using the Perth, but never had any interest in the other. 

• Cool 4

[O_O]
Members
5,010 posts
11,252 battles

I have never gotten a ship from a super container (excluding Santa crates).  I am now walking out in disgust, as well.

Kidding, nice pull...congrats.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,272 posts
10,908 battles
2 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Normally I just type, congrats. But you got 2 boxes/ships.

I hate you. JK, Congrats. 

This, I hate you but in a good way.

6B2KxB1.jpg

• Funny 1

Members
393 posts
6,788 battles
6 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Normally I just type, congrats. But you got 2 boxes/ships.

I hate you. JK, Congrats. 

Don't feel bad, my kid is basically saying the same thing.  I was more wondering, if these were "rigged" crates, and everyone completing it was getting them. But it seems from talking to players in game,  and the couple posts here, it was indeed blind dumb luck.  Now, I have likely burned up all my luck for the year, and will be doomed to get the aforementioned Spotting Aircraft mods or other equally less than desirable items.

[TBW]
Members
7,397 posts
13,567 battles
18 minutes ago, Valas1 said:

I just completed Stage 2 of the new "Hit Hard, Hit Fast" campaign and the reward was two Super Containers.  I normally have zero luck with those containers, getting stuff like Spotting Aircraft mods or my personal favorite, several large stacks of the "Die Hard" ramming flag. I open the first one, just hoping for something useful like camo or consumables, or some detonation flags.  The little sparks fly, it drops open, and there is a Perth with a 10 pt captain.  I have never gotten a ship from a Super Container, ever. Holiday boxes yes, but not the normal ones.  Was pretty happy with that, even called my kid in to rub it in a little lol.  So while the kid is watching, I click on the second crate, and another ship...the Huanghe.  Kid storms out of the room in disgust.  Now I am wondering, was this just blind dumb luck? Or have others gotten similar drops from their crates? I can see myself using the Perth, but never had any interest in the other. 

The Huanghe is a great ship, I like it better than the Perth. They both have the same smoke.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
1,632 posts
13,964 battles

Crying inside, grinding my teeth while saying “ congrats”. Have not managed to pull a ship from a SC, hope to some day, but enjoy crawl smoking for awhile 

[5D5]
Members
2,677 posts
16,105 battles

Congrats, it's definitely a rare achievement to get ship drops on back to back SCs. I've only gotten one ship from an SC that wasn't a special purchase box like the Santa crates.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,096 posts
11,076 battles
1 hour ago, Valas1 said:

Congratulations !  And here I thought my two ( same condition for receiving them ) were great .  I got 50K free xp and 14 days of premium time .

:Smile_honoring:

[RLGN]
Members
10,051 posts
19,462 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The Huanghe is a great ship, I like it better than the Perth. They both have the same smoke.

This...

Play Huanghe like Perth and that seems to work...

...except like Mouse said, it’s hard to get much damage...

1 hour ago, Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper said:

Now you got Perth and 3/4 Perth. :Smile-_tongue:

lol

Valas needs Akizuki and Harekaze then, to have a 3/4 Akizuki.

Members
340 posts
10,817 battles

Perth is a great ship, can be a game changer, sell the Huanghe for credits, it has no purpose otherwise...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,272 posts
10,908 battles
17 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Congrats, it's definitely a rare achievement to get ship drops on back to back SCs. I've only gotten one ship from an SC that wasn't a special purchase box like the Santa crates.

It is a rare occurrence for a ship to drop in an SC let alone back to back. The OP just hit the Wargaming lottery.

[CUTIE]
Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

I was ecstatic over pulling 100 signals & 15k coal out of my two yesterday.  Very not bad! :Smile_great:

(I'm also in the camp of those who've never pulled a ship from a non-Santa container.)

[NAB]
Members
412 posts
8,934 battles

In a random last night I ran into 3 perths in smoke.  (they were not in division)  I wonder if  the crates have been nice, wholesale, to players...