You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LAnybody

Captain retraining costs...

20 comments in this topic

[BIER]
Members
190 posts
3,144 battles

OK, after playing this game for well over two years at this point, I'm finally getting around to thinking about putting some hard numbers to something that's long been ignored by myself:

What it costs to retrain a captain.  And by "costs", I've referring specifically to XP costs.

Does anyone have a table for the XP costs for retraining a captain at each point level, 1 to 19?

And another thing (because I never bothered to look):  does it matter for the training costs if all points are allocated on a captain, or only some?  I.e. if I have a 10 point captain, but only 4 points are allocated to skills, does it cost less than having all 10 points allocated?

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
18,779 battles

Just play one clan battle and you'll have free respec on all ships

[BIER]
Members
190 posts
3,144 battles

Oops. Missed the tables on that Wiki page. Duuuuh.

I presume that means there's no discount to retraining for non-allocated points.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,549 posts
32,109 battles
14 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

Just play one clan battle and you'll have free respec on all ships

Free respec but not free retraining.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,193 posts
5,726 battles

10k for each skill level for those who want to see a quick answer.

Edit: Whoops, this is for redistributing the captain points not retraining them for a new ship.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
18,779 battles
27 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

ah, my bad

[SALVO]
Members
20,141 posts
19,989 battles
1 hour ago, Patton5150 said:

If you have a good pile of Elite Commander's XP, do this when you want to retrain.  First, select the 200,000 credit option for half retraining.  Then, pay for the rest with Elite Commander's XP.  Doesn't cost you any gold, nor does it require you to grind through any retraining.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,821 posts
4,180 battles
On 7/3/2018 at 8:39 PM, Crucis said:

If you have a good pile of Elite Commander's XP, do this when you want to retrain.  First, select the 200,000 credit option for half retraining.  Then, pay for the rest with Elite Commander's XP.  Doesn't cost you any gold, nor does it require you to grind through any retraining.

Really?  The 200K Cr doesn't affect the Db cost to complete training -- it still costs 500 Db.  I'm going to have to try this out...

[SALVO]
Members
20,141 posts
19,989 battles
6 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Really?  The 200K Cr doesn't affect the Db cost to complete training -- it still costs 500 Db.  I'm going to have to try this out...

iDuckman, you're not doing a "complete training".  What you're doing is paying the 200k credits for the half-training.  And then you hit that little "+" plus sign up on the Captain's picture to complete the retraining, using your Elite Commander's XP.  It's super easy.  And works like a charm, as long as you have a nice pile of Elite Commander's XP on hand.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,193 posts
5,726 battles

Doubloon cost is always gonna stay fixed at 500 unless there is some discount going on.

the 200k option is a slight "loophole" in circumventing the doubloon option to get a captain up in optimal condition on a desired tech tree ship.

[ABIDE]
Members
8 posts
2,625 battles
On 7/4/2018 at 9:53 AM, Belyy_Klyk said:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander

everything you could want to know.

It does not have the doubloons price list, which seams to be exponential as of today. 2 days ago I retrained the same level 10 commander for 50 doubloons, yesterday for 150 doubloons and today I had to pay 250 doubloons. 250 doubloons is about $2.50, which I think is a bit too rich.

Edited by todorp

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
49 minutes ago, todorp said:

It does not have the doubloons price list, which seams to be exponential as of today. 2 days ago I retrained the same level 10 commander for 50 doubloons, yesterday for 150 doubloons and today I had to pay 250 doubloons. 250 doubloons is about $2.50, which I think is a bit too rich.

The doubloons price is there, it is just hidden in the text.

faSyTfb.jpg

Here is a series using a 10pt Cmdr and you can see the 1, 3, 6, & 10 pt doubloon costs. You can also use ECXP as per the underlined sentence above. 10k ECXP per skill point spent.

Spoiler

Qlw9PYJ.jpg

oiKHebs.jpg

N6Eg08b.jpg

NxUtS0q.jpg

p6OdPhW.jpg

p03VVku.jpg

Here is a 19pt Cmdr and 475 dubs is 25 per point spent.

jDPKTKD.jpg

500 dubs is the minimum you can buy and they cost $2.97 when not on sale.

yTWQxhv.jpg

Dzq57AE.jpg

Here is the biggest package of dubs and I have not seen this for less than $99.99, so that may be the lowest price.

rSUIAUB.jpg

Respec'ng a 10pt Cmdr if you buy dubs for the purpose.

$1.49 - 250 from a 500 pkg

$1.34 - 250 from a 1,250 pkg

$1.24 - 250 from a 3,000 pkg

$1.08 - 250 from a 12,000 pkg

$1 - 250 from a 25,000 pkg

It's best to use ECXP as you can get it for free from 19pt Cmdrs and the loaner 19pt Cmdrs from Space Battles, Halloween and similar events is free from your playing.

[ABIDE]
Members
8 posts
2,625 battles
23 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

The doubloons price is there, it is just hidden in the text.

faSyTfb.jpg

Here is a series using a 10pt Cmdr and you can see the 1, 3, 6, & 10 pt doubloon costs. You can also use ECXP as per the underlined sentence above. 10k ECXP per skill point spent.

Reveal hidden contents

Qlw9PYJ.jpg

oiKHebs.jpg

N6Eg08b.jpg

NxUtS0q.jpg

p6OdPhW.jpg

p03VVku.jpg

Here is a 19pt Cmdr and 475 dubs is 25 per point spent.

jDPKTKD.jpg

500 dubs is the minimum you can buy and they cost $2.97 when not on sale.

yTWQxhv.jpg

Dzq57AE.jpg

Here is the biggest package of dubs and I have not seen this for less than $99.99, so that may be the lowest price.

rSUIAUB.jpg

Respec'ng a 10pt Cmdr if you buy dubs for the purpose.

$1.49 - 250 from a 500 pkg

$1.34 - 250 from a 1,250 pkg

$1.24 - 250 from a 3,000 pkg

$1.08 - 250 from a 12,000 pkg

$1 - 250 from a 25,000 pkg

It's best to use ECXP as you can get it for free from 19pt Cmdrs and the loaner 19pt Cmdrs from Space Battles, Halloween and similar events is free from your playing.

As a test I just moved a 3 points captain from a British 2 level DD to the next 3rd level DD, and it cost me 500 doubloons. Here in AU it's about $5, I guess the prices are different for for different markets. It's like one of these "gotcha you" credit cards, with hidden fees and charges. For 2 weeks this game sucked already $250 and keeps going strong :(. Port spot 300 doubloons/ $3, paint work (camouflage) which lasts one mission 250 doubloons/#2.50, flag 250 which lasts one mission, swap (not buy) of a module 300 doubloons/$3. 

Edited by todorp

[WOLFC]
Members
1,142 posts
8,748 battles
20 minutes ago, todorp said:

As a test I just moved a 3 points captain from a British 2 level DD to the next 3rd level DD, and it cost me 500 doubloons. Here in AU it's about $5, I guess the prices are different for for different markets. It's like one of these "gotcha you" credit cards, with hidden fees and charges. For 2 weeks this game sucked already $250 and keeps going strong.

What you see in the example doubloon cost above is what it cost to RESPEC a Captain. i.e. reset all skills and then reassign the skills you want.

What you are talking about is the cost to fully RETRAIN a Captain (with the same skills) for a new ship.

Keep in mind for next time you think of moving a Captain ... you can acquire a Brand New Captain with 3 skill points for only 25 Doubloons!

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
1 hour ago, todorp said:

As a test I just moved a 3 points captain from a British 2 level DD to the next 3rd level DD, and it cost me 500 doubloons. Here in AU it's about $5, I guess the prices are different for for different markets. It's like one of these "gotcha you" credit cards, with hidden fees and charges. For 2 weeks this game sucked already $250 and keeps going strong :(. Port spot 300 doubloons/ $3, paint work (camouflage) which lasts one mission 250 doubloons/#2.50, flag 250 which lasts one mission, swap (not buy) of a module 300 doubloons/$3. 

1 hour ago, DocWalker said:

What you see in the example doubloon cost above is what it cost to RESPEC a Captain. i.e. reset all skills and then reassign the skills you want.

What you are talking about is the cost to fully RETRAIN a Captain (with the same skills) for a new ship.

Keep in mind for next time you think of moving a Captain ... you can acquire a Brand New Captain with 3 skill points for only 25 Doubloons!

This covers retraining.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:50 AM, todorp said:

What you described in this post which I answered is respec'ing a Cmdr.

Here is the section on retraining. The most efficient for an instant retraining is to select the 1/2 XP option for 200,000 credits and then use ECXP to finish off the other half of the XP (see table for amount) for moving a Cmdr to a new ship. As DocWalker notes, you can buy a new Cmdr with 3pts for 25 doubloons. The cheapest way to retrain a Cmdr is to use a premium ship. Looks like you only have the Charleston, so for your US Cmdrs, select the Free XP retraining and once that is done, move the US Cmdr to the Charleston and work off the retraining XP there.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander#Retraining_Commanders

The picture I showed you in the post above had the start of the retraining section at the bottom that discussed the three options; 500 dubs for instant retraining, 200k credits for 1/2 XP retraining and free for retraining using full XP. You will also find the XP amount need for each Cmdr level in a table to the right of the descriptions.

faSyTfb.jpg

In fact, iDuckman had posted it earlier in the thread you resurrected.

On 7/3/2018 at 8:48 PM, iDuckman said:

image.png.9a8eeae4c04fb5bb77452676a6edbc81.png

[WOLF9]
Members
8,821 posts
4,180 battles
9 hours ago, todorp said:

Spending 500 Db to re-train a 3-pt commander is a waste of Db.  Note the second paragraph in the Commanders section that you quote.

You're also confusing Re-training cost and Redistributing (Re-spec'ing) cost.  The former does not vary (except for the occasional sale); the latter varies by the number of points spent.

Also, when quote $ values, please append the currency notation.  You mean $5 AUD, while most here are from US and will understand $5 as $5 USD. 

Do you still have a question about commander costs?

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
6 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

This is a 6 month old thread. The OP probably has it figured out by now. 

@iDuckman and I were responding to the guy who resurrected the thread.