You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Berlimawurst

The GZ Represents Everything Bad That WG Can Think of

54 comments in this topic

[HE]
Members
176 posts
2,336 battles

I have discovered many OP design of GZs in the past,

but here I found a new one:

One squad of the GZ bombers can dealt 7300+ damage to a tier VIII DD with defensive AA on?

Is the defensive AA useless against those bombers?

When WG staff explained why they gave Asashio only deep water torps, he said that "we do not want to confuse the players with what type of torps are being used so players know whether they can hit them for sure"

But look at GZ: HE bombs, AP bombs, regular torps, DW torps, two load out, etc...

It is interesting how a ship that only went on sale once can bring so much anger to many players.

Edited by Berlimawurst
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

GZ is a pretty sore subject.

It's one of only a few times that the majority of the community agreed on something.

When the CV rework comes in, maybe things will be different.

Chances are they'll screw that up too..

Edited by Wulfgarn

[HE]
Members
520 posts
8,960 battles
1 minute ago, Wulfgarn said:

It's one of only a few times that the majority of the community agreed on something.

I disagree with the OP.

The design of GZ is not fully WG's fault.

The first version of GZ was weak as I heard of, so WG took it back and modified the ship based on "popular demand" and "some CC's opinions" (you know who those players are!) 

They are the ones that benefits from the failed CV design and GZ they made.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[POP]
Members
1,467 posts
17,157 battles
14 minutes ago, Berlimawurst said:

I have discovered many OP design of GZs in the past,

but here I found a new one:

One squad of the GZ bombers can dealt 7300+ damage to a tier VIII DD with defensive AA on?

Is the defensive AA useless against those bombers?

When WG staff explained why they gave Asashio only deep water torps, he said that "we do not want to confuse the players with what type of torps are being used so players know whether they can hit them for sure"

But look at GZ: HE bombs, AP bombs, regular torps, DW torps, two load out, etc...

It is interesting how a ship that only went on sale once can bring so much anger to many players.

Oh great another Graf Zeppelin bashing post :Smile_facepalm: 

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles
21 minutes ago, Plaatduutsch said:

I disagree with the OP.

The first version of GZ was weak as I heard of, so WG took it back and modified the ship based on "popular demand" and "some CC's opinions" (you know who those players are!) 

The GZ ws given to CCs in one form. After the CCs gave their reviews, WG changed the GZ to something completely different.

The majority of the community was upset that WG pulled another fast one, so there was major outcry and something needed to be done.

They released it around the time of a major event, I think it was Gamescon or something similar. Theres a pretty funny interview of WG being asked questions about the ship. They did all they could to change the subject. 

All of that was before they started open testing with the community.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I will Buy the Graf Zeppelin  no matter what its eventual Build it become. "It is a German Engineering Marvel"

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,112 posts
19,510 battles
3 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Somehow I’m doubting it.

The desire to turn carriers into just another unit may wind up destroying them further than they already are.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Somehow I’m doubting it.

The desire to turn carriers into just another unit may wind up destroying them further than they already are.

22 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Chances are they'll screw that up too..

:cap_like:

Edited by Wulfgarn

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles
14 minutes ago, Plaatduutsch said:

I disagree with the OP.

How is it not fully WG's fault? They released it first, it was awful. They released it again, it's outrageously overpowered.

This is entirely WG's fault. Whether the current performance stems from the hope to redeem themselves to previous Graf Zep owners or a lack of testing and complete reliance on CC input, WG is still the last word in what makes it into the game and what doesn't.

And now we're stuck with an outrageously overpowered ship that they probably won't change, but will just never sell again. So those that are already in the game, we're probably stuck with. I don't even see how they'll manage to change it much in the CV overhaul since changing it will bring out the "bait and switch" accusations that aren't actually wrong.

• Cool 2

[HE]
Members
520 posts
8,960 battles
1 minute ago, ramp4ge said:

How is it not fully WG's fault? They released it first, it was awful. They released it again, it's outrageously overpowered.

This is entirely WG's fault. Whether the current performance stems from the hope to redeem themselves to previous Graf Zep owners or a lack of testing and complete reliance on CC input, WG is still the last word in what makes it into the game and what doesn't.

And now we're stuck with an outrageously overpowered ship that they probably won't change, but will just never sell again. So those that are already in the game, we're probably stuck with. I don't even see how they'll manage to change it much in the CV overhaul since changing it will bring out the "bait and switch" accusations that aren't actually wrong.

So all of the player base is going to suffer and that 300+ people are just going to LOL?/;      

3,702 posts
611 battles
1 minute ago, Plaatduutsch said:

So all of the player base is going to suffer and that 300+ people are just going to LOL?/;     

Basically. That's pretty much how it always is with premium ships. 

[HE]
Members
520 posts
8,960 battles
4 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

WG should just take it back and refund them all.

300 sold is not a huge number

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[HE]
Members
520 posts
8,960 battles
1 minute ago, ramp4ge said:

Basically. That's pretty much how it always is with premium ships. 

That Huang Meh is also a garbage boat, why aren't we seeing the buff to that boat?

• Cool 1

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,802 battles

I will say that taking 50,000 damage in a Moskva from a single T8 GZ bomb strike is an interesting experience.

To add it's also about as interesting as taking close to the same damage from a single Lex AP strike.  Is it realistic?  Yeah but how much hard realism in the game do we have?  Not a lot.  That's what makes it an issue.

Edited by BullHalsey

3,702 posts
611 battles
Just now, Plaatduutsch said:

WG should just take it back and refund them all.

300 sold is not a huge number

1357-ha_zps17ae8e4b.png

You said WG and Refund in the same sentence.

• Funny 3

[RLGN]
Members
10,112 posts
19,510 battles
5 minutes ago, Plaatduutsch said:

What would be really funny would be if the CV rework screws things up so much, that GZ drivers just switch to secondary spec captains, and run the ship like a cruiser.

3,702 posts
611 battles
1 minute ago, Plaatduutsch said:

That Huang Meh is also a garbage boat, why aren't we seeing the buff to that boat?

Because there isn't enormous outrage about it. You even had CCs getting 'fired' because of their vocalization about how bad the GZ was.

3,702 posts
611 battles
2 minutes ago, BullHalsey said:

I will say that taking 50,000 damage in a Moskva from a single T8 GZ bomb strike is an interesting experience.

Or as one player who got 1-shotted in a Des Moines so eloquently put it;

Members
1,629 posts
17,078 battles
6 minutes ago, Plaatduutsch said:

Apples and oranges, and definitely not garbage.

[WGA]
Administrator
878 posts
13,560 battles

Heyo Captains.

We do completely understand the concern many players have around the Graf Zeppelin, and also the desire many players have to get their hands on this ship.

Taken from Sub_Octavians recent QnA on Reddit:

In saying that, the Devs are aware with player grievences with the ship which they intend to address during the rework. Please be patient as we resolve this ship and give it the balance it, the game and the players always deserved.

On that note, I warn you to please be considerate of the forum rules considering being constructive in nature of your posts. This posting is walking the edge as it is.

Fem, 

• Cool 3
  • Angry 1

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,802 battles
3 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Heyo Captains.

We do completely understand the concern many players have around the Graf Zeppelin, and also the desire many players have to get their hands on this ship.

Taken from Sub_Octavians recent QnA on Reddit:

I like the caveat; it's the community's fault first but a good lesson to not listen and/or cave to the squeaky wheel.

Members
1,640 posts
3,603 battles

Are we still complaining about a ship that really gets played? I seriously can't remember the last time I've seen one in battle