Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Vertigo?

11 comments in this topic

Members
4,723 posts
7,844 battles

Does anyone ever get vertigo, dizziness, from staring at their computer screen. I do now and then but today it was bad.  Just curious. This is not a joke.

[TBW]
Members
7,435 posts
13,599 battles
9 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Does anyone ever get vertigo, dizziness, from staring at their computer screen. I do now and then but today it was bad.  Just curious. This is not a joke.

https://www.afb.org/forum/technology-talk/computer-monitors-and-dizziness/12

https://blog.themigrainereliefcenter.com/migraines-the-computer-and-dizziness-what-you-should-know

For me it means I have been at the Jim too long, Jim Beam that is.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,764 posts
2,860 battles

Sometimes I do get dizzy but it doesn’t happen often, unless I pull an all nighter.

Members
4,723 posts
7,844 battles
23 minutes ago, Dictonary said:

Sometimes I do get dizzy but it doesn’t happen often, unless I pull an all nighter.

Hmmmm......I did not sleep well last night. Had coffee bout 10AM got on puter to play some WoW and within 5min I was so dizzy I had to go lay down.  Happened 2 more times today. I have had this before but this was the worst ever. I read the link in the other post.  Seems this is not uncommon for lots of people. 

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,626 posts
14,823 battles

How much liquids the past couple of days besides a cup of coffee? You do need to hydrate and, believe it or not, there is stress involved with WoWs (or any other game). Dehydration coupled with stress can cause this.

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
808 posts
8,101 battles
22 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Hmmmm......I did not sleep well last night. Had coffee bout 10AM got on puter to play some WoW and within 5min I was so dizzy I had to go lay down.  Happened 2 more times today. I have had this before but this was the worst ever. I read the link in the other post.  Seems this is not uncommon for lots of people. 

Check your monitor refresh rate and set it to the highest Hz it can take...

Members
3,783 posts
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

No I do not just headaches from toxic players.

Edited by torpsRus

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,995 posts
9,304 battles
1 hour ago, Khafni said:

How much liquids the past couple of days besides a cup of coffee? You do need to hydrate and, believe it or not, there is stress involved with WoWs (or any other game). Dehydration coupled with stress can cause this.

This, combined with poor sleep can definitely cause it. With the other factor being has it been hot where you live, and have you been sweating - a poor nights sleep and while I had plenty of fluids and water, was too low on electrolytes and all after standing in the sun and near blacked out at work and they had to take me to medical. Why now when I go to work at the stadium or it's hot I start downing gatorades aside from just water. 

[SOUP]
Privateers
8,282 posts

Like the folks above have said, it's probably hydration or lack of energy, the dizziness at your PC might not be a cause, but a symptom

Sign in to follow this